Regenerated version release date?

MontanaFrank

Dec 19, 2012
I would hope for a December release. A brand new Dr. Who Christmas Special and the Dr. Who Regenerated pinball table release would make for an extraordinary Whovian December, in my opinion.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
I would hope for a December release. A brand new Dr. Who Christmas Special and the Dr. Who Regenerated pinball table release would make for an extraordinary Whovian December, in my opinion.

A-lonsie our frankie, shame our forum seem lackof who,hollywood should ban mofos.

love ya franko my friend

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012

Fah who for-aze!
Dah who dor-aze!
Welcome Christmas,
Come this way!

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015

That would have it's benefits, but we also don't want to wait that long to release it. Obviously we don't want to rush either. :)

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
mot and gladitors have been confirmed for this month and one would assume this week ...with the holiday season etc

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
FYI both tables are up now.

Played a bit of Regen. It's basically a new table with a new layout and almost all new animations, call outs, and sound. A bit on the simple side for layout (a lot of open space in the middle) but plays fine. Only noticed one non real-world pinball thing going on with the cybermen toys appearing out of nowhere in front of the Tardis. But otherwise could see this being an actual table.

No idea how deep it is yet as I was just batting the ball around and not really sure of what I was doing. So will have to dive in to the instructions.

A small mention on Gladiators which actually doesn't seem half bad.

In any case restart Steam and it should start downloading.

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
FYI both tables are up now.

Played a bit of Regen. It's basically a new table with a new layout and almost all new animations, call outs, and sound. A bit on the simple side for layout (a lot of open space in the middle) but plays fine. Only noticed one non real-world pinball thing going on with the cybermen toys appearing out of nowhere in front of the Tardis. But otherwise could see this being an actual table.

No idea how deep it is yet as I was just batting the ball around and not really sure of what I was doing. So will have to dive in to the instructions.

A small mention on Gladiators which actually doesn't seem half bad.

In any case restart Steam and it should start downloading.

It's really not all that different from the original, TBH. It's themed around the newer series, some of the shots have been moved around a bit (for example, the ESCAPE targets - ANGELS in this game - are scattered around the playfield instead of arranged in a bank, and the Transmat target - now called "Fury" - is now a saucer located where the ESCAPE bank used to be), and Video Mode's gone the way of the dodo. That pretty much sums up the differences.

Considering how it was marketed as being an entirely new experience, it's not what I was expecting, to say the least.

greatdane

Feb 19, 2015
My first impressions of the Regenerated table:
- DMD seems very basic. When I got the Missy jackpot it does not display the points earned. Also does not show what ball I am on. Score font is very hard to read (missing commas, better spacing between letters please)
- Sounds and audio from the show seem very random. When plunging and selection daleks as enemy it plays "Missy" audio and similar.
- Playfield seems poorly lit in DX11. The Tardis and targets appearing around it are very dark even at 100% lighting.
- Due to the missing right ramp the table has lost the good flow of the original.
- Table seems slow and the playfield feels empty.

Positives:
- Graphics and modelling looks good.
- Audio is crisp and clear.

I realise that creating a new table in such short time is difficult, but I really think they should have given it a few more months before release.

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
Same here. The entire table just feels flat-out unfinished, with the DMD missing key information and, if the constant blank-outs are anything to go by, several animations / displays, and with many shots and features just feeling broken (multiball being a key offender - the Cybermen targets, most of the time, either flat-out don't register or register the wrong hit, which makes getting any sort of jackpot an exercise in frustration). The end result is something that feels like a cheap knockoff of the original Doctor Who table rather than a unique reimagining (which I'm sure is what FS was aiming for).

Overall, I've yet to find any reason to play Master of Time over the original, which is a real shame because the licensing costs for the newer series must have been astronomical.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.