Poor Little Xboxy-woxy!

moonmaiden174

Oct 2, 2016
Spare a thought for those who are stuck with only the Xbox version! They've only got up to "No Fear" and are missing out on:

(Season 5)
Judge Dredd
El Dorado (EM)
Fireball
Hurricane
Rescue 911
Last Action Hero
Tx-Sector

(Season 6)
Indianapolis
Big Hurt
Eight Ball Deluxe
Doctor Who

Yes that's *eleven* tables those poor little Xboxers are missing out on.

I know Microsoft is delaying them while they "test" them, but this is getting ridiculous!

(I've got an Xbox too, but I've also got the PC version, so I'm right up-to-date!)

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Spare a thought for those who are stuck with only the Xbox version! They've only got up to "No Fear" and are missing out on:

(Season 5)
Judge Dredd
El Dorado (EM)
Fireball
Hurricane
Rescue 911
Last Action Hero
Tx-Sector

(Season 6)
Indianapolis
Big Hurt
Eight Ball Deluxe
Doctor Who

Yes that's *eleven* tables those poor little Xboxers are missing out on.

I know Microsoft is delaying them while they "test" them, but this is getting ridiculous!

(I've got an Xbox too, but I've also got the PC version, so I'm right up-to-date!)

Those of us who started with the 360 version saw this coming. (LOL-it's stuck on TAF, and no updates in 17 months). I was supporting the PS4 and PC versions at one point, but got fed up with the endless delays, glaring bugs, and barely visible improvements on the PS4. Oh, and no achievements either beyond season 1.

On PC, we have DX11, more rapid fixes, and all tables up to Doctor Who. Still, I think it's terrible that console supporters cannot get something even approaching the level of support for other platforms. People try not to waste money on game consoles and want all they can get from them. If something is advertised as available, it should be in full form. I can't even spend $40 on a TPA season pass (or much else) without flinching, so if I do, I expect to get somehting solid in return.

Trenchbroom

Apr 20, 2013
A joke. That is what Farsight's support for consoles is. I can only hope that people who come to this forum while researching whether or not to buy TPA will figure out that their money is better spent elsewhere. ANY other company putting out pinball games today does it better.

After spending over $200 on TPA over three platforms and supporting every kickstarter, I too am done throwing any more money away on delayed, buggy software from a greedy company like Farsight. Give me season 5 that I paid for and that's it.

Silvergunner

Jul 23, 2013
I supported FS over years and spend a lot of money too...I don´t know a company that kick customers asses so hard like Far Sight.
...very,very poor

wolfson

May 24, 2013
you know what I laugh at with Farsight,ALL THE STUPID DRIBBLE OF EXCUSES UNDER THE BLOODY SUN YOU CAN IMAGINE !!!!!:confused:

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
Yeah i'm still a bit miffed about the X360 situation, completely abandoned. I refuse to purchase the XBONE version because of this (I heard it hasn't been updated in a while either). I spent a good chunk of change on this app (Android, iOS, X360 and Steam) and now only continue on Steam. I might get the iOS seasons when they complete but that's about it. I bought SPA for XBONE since I'm impatient and can't wait for steam.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Is there enough of an installed Ouija base to explain why it gets new tables before the consoles? Really?

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
A bit quiet on here, so if I mention xbox one x, anybody any ideas what to expect.

If you mean in regards to TPA,I don't expect anything other than regular XB support. It would be nice to have the game updated to go with the Xs specs,but I don't see that happening.

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Farsight will probably release some tables upon release, and the next will come 2 years or more later. In other words, their console support is lethargic.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
Well, even though The Wii U is a fading memory, I can still play TPA, and to boot, it patches into the central leaderboards. Why I am posting here is, I have, I believe, 2 seasons purchased of TPA on my 360, and I finally just landed an Xbox one. I only have room for two consioles so still keeping the Wii U hooked up and taking out the 360. I love the microsoft xbone console, and have sort of committed to it now going forward as an ecosystem. Unfortunately, it looks to me, by reading here, that it's November 2017 and people are still lamenting the TPA on xbox one situation. I guess I won't be buying in on XBone with TPA. Since I love Ripley's, maybe I'll just get that with SPA on my new console for now, along with FX3 from Zen.

superballs

Apr 12, 2012
Those of us who started with the 360 version saw this coming. (LOL-it's stuck on TAF, and no updates in 17 months). I was supporting the PS4 and PC versions at one point, but got fed up with the endless delays, glaring bugs, and barely visible improvements on the PS4. Oh, and no achievements either beyond season 1.

On PC, we have DX11, more rapid fixes, and all tables up to Doctor Who. Still, I think it's terrible that console supporters cannot get something even approaching the level of support for other platforms. People try not to waste money on game consoles and want all they can get from them. If something is advertised as available, it should be in full form. I can't even spend $40 on a TPA season pass (or much else) without flinching, so if I do, I expect to get somehting solid in return.

Oh wow, I had forgotten the XBOX 360 fiasco until now.

That was a hell of a mess, some 2 years with no updates after MM.

This made me so thankful for the Steam release, and I've given up playing on mobile since the touch zones suck for nudging and they can't seem to add any way of using upward nudging with the accelerometer (one touch zone would be cool, not 6).

My old iPhone 4 and S3 (just realized I badly need to update my devices lol) got me through that drought. Steam is the way to go. Never even thought of getting it on the XBONE until now really, but if it's gotten that far behind, I'll stick with Steam.

Yeah i'm still a bit miffed about the X360 situation, completely abandoned. I refuse to purchase the XBONE version because of this (I heard it hasn't been updated in a while either). I spent a good chunk of change on this app (Android, iOS, X360 and Steam) and now only continue on Steam. I might get the iOS seasons when they complete but that's about it. I bought SPA for XBONE since I'm impatient and can't wait for steam.

Well, even though The Wii U is a fading memory, I can still play TPA, and to boot, it patches into the central leaderboards. Why I am posting here is, I have, I believe, 2 seasons purchased of TPA on my 360, and I finally just landed an Xbox one. I only have room for two consioles so still keeping the Wii U hooked up and taking out the 360. I love the microsoft xbone console, and have sort of committed to it now going forward as an ecosystem. Unfortunately, it looks to me, by reading here, that it's November 2017 and people are still lamenting the TPA on xbox one situation. I guess I won't be buying in on XBone with TPA. Since I love Ripley's, maybe I'll just get that with SPA on my new console for now, along with FX3 from Zen.

I found the WiiU release to be so disappointing.

They could have added the DMD to the gamepad or something, or given us some slightly enhanced lighting...the system was more than capable, even if not quite on par with the PS4 and XBONE.

Unfortunately, they released it far too late for me, I have plenty to play on my WiiU that I kind of stopped missing TPA on it, and when it was released, it didn't give me any reason to spring for yet another copy of everything.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
When I looked last night the XBOX1 version of TPA has surpassed the PS4 for overall lighting quality, so the tide has changed.

Many more tables with better and updated lighting on XB1. For example, the Pinball machine Cyclone doesn't even look like it's switched on with default lighting on PS4 compared to XB1 which is beaming bright and right!

Today I would say PS4 is an update or two behind XBOX1 for Room, Table and Ball lighting.

PeacemakerPIN

Nov 19, 2015
When I looked last night the XBOX1 version of TPA has surpassed the PS4 for overall lighting quality, so the tide has changed.

Many more tables with better and updated lighting on XB1. For example, the Pinball machine Cyclone doesn't even look like it's switched on with default lighting on PS4 compared to XB1 which is beaming bright and right!

Today I would say PS4 is an update or two behind XBOX1 for Room, Table and Ball lighting.

Yep. Bulb brightness and lighting is closer to PC version.
With that said, Whirlwind also looks much better with brighter bulbs at 100%
But there are some problems:

Bulb brightness is uneven in Cirqus Voltaire (Still based on the older console build with Menagerie Ball not changing colors after relaunch) and Bride of Pinbot
Genie still has the old glitched textures on the playfield
DMD is much blurrier. The worst offender is in Ghostbusters. You can't even make out the details in some parts. lol And speaking of which, Ghostbusters on Xbox One has bright bulbs just like SPA, I wonder why it's so dull on PS4?

Last edited:

Members online

Members online