Retro Gamer from the UK

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Hi,

As I'm not one for Facebook, (as in BBS'es & Forums were here long before the masses joined the internet) I thought I'd sign up so I can get my most wanted table for TPA out there just in case it ever needs one more request. ;)

Police Force - Williams 1989
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1841

I hope Police Force sees the light of day for TPA as it was one of my fav tables back in the day. Here at home the machine lives on via the Atari Lynx as it was part of Pinball Jam. It is however starting to show it's age a bit now after playing the amazing version of Elvira and the party monsters in TPA! :D

About Me?
I'm 46 and from the UK. Been video gaming since the early 1980's covering computer, console, handheld and arcades. I've always had a soft spot for computer Pinball though including:
Arcade Pinball Simulator, 3D Pinball - C64
Pinball Dreams/Fantasies/Illusions, Obsession, Slam Tilt - Amiga
Devil Crash/Dragons Fury - Megadrive/Genesis
Pro Pinball, Tilt, True Pinball - Sega Saturn
Pro Pinball Trilogy- Dreamcast
Ultimate Pro Pinball, (aka Pro Pinball Trilogy DC) - Classic XBOX
Pinball Hall of Fame - Wii
Williams Pinball Classics - XBOX360
and of course The Pinball Arcade on XBOX360 & PS4!

I was gutted Pinball Hall of Fame was not released on Classic XBOX in Europe so had to make do with the Wii version instead, (was fun with the nunchuk I might add).

As you may of noticed nothing really going on for PC... After playing Quake 3 to death on Dreamcast and enjoying it more than the PC version it reminded me that gaming was better when everyone has the same hardware/setup. I prefer a more level playing field which is something real arcade/pinball machines taught me from the 1980's. So console TPA for me and may it long continue! :D

Cheers for now!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
dreamcast q3, i remember it well slightly modified levels to suit smaller groups..4 people on a 33.6k line! whoo hooo thought i did use a keyboard a mouse heh

to be fair the keyboard was because of obession with sonic adventure forums(the yanks had the fancy chat system)

welcome to the fourm

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Hi MIK,
Welcome to the forums, and nice to see you promoting your favorite machine. Seeing as this one has not a particular license on which it is based, it has a good chance of being made for TPA if they can find it and if they judge it to be popular enough to make some sales and/or it has a particular significance in pinball history (having the first DMD or the first voice module or something like that). I couldn't make that out from the IPDB page. It probably won't make everybody's top 10 list but I've seen it mentioned a couple of times here at the forums. Fun fact to read on IPDB that is was originally designed to fall under the Batman license, but Data East already had that one covered, so they changed it last minute.
And on topic of a level playing field: I would suggest if you go console only, that you only look at those leaderboards, because TPA can play very differently depending on which platform you play it on.

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Thanks,

I'm not 100% sure if this is true or not as I'm going by long lost memories. Police Force may of been the first pinball machine to have a moving toy, the Police car?

While I'm not trying to sell the table as it's more a personal want, the big attraction is the ramp bang in the middle of the table. As you loop the ramp you get a guitar riff blasting out and the pitch as it plays goes up along with your score each time. One of the coolest ramps in pinball maybe. It also has superb audio which really adds to the fun and light hearted Police theme it offers. The right-side ramp leading to multiball can also be testing because of it's length & height, not enough weight and the ball is heading down the middle type thing. The ball can head down the middle if it rolls back from the middle loop. You can of course just play for the middle ramp, while those brave enough have the rest of the table. ;)

Yeah it was a total surprise to see PC & Mobil users on the same leader board as PS4 at first, but then I thought any scores better than my own are always the next challenge. :)

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Welcome to the forum.

If you don't want months of frustration and waiting, get TPA on PC or mobile. Yeah I know you have to buy everything again, but you'll retain your hair.

As for leaderboard mixing and matching, on the website www.pinballarcade.com, there are filters for platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.