Black Flaggers (Pinball Wicked)

Black Flaggers invites you on a pirate’s journey of plundering loot, swashbuckling adventures and cannon wielding foes. The playfield, toys, characters and environment create a lush and vibrant pirate world brimming with life and adventure.

Formslingers

Oct 19, 2016
Ahoy, fellow pinball lovers!

We're thrilled to reveal Black Flaggers Pinball.

Embark on a pirate’s journey of plundering loot, swashbuckling adventures and cannon wielding foes. Wicked pinball mechanics and magnificent ball rolling physics running on a cutting edge engine: The next-generation pinball experience.

Black Flaggers Pinball (PC, Windows) needs your support on Steam Greenlight.

You can follow us here:
https://twitter.com/Formslingers
http://www.indiedb.com/games/black-flaggers-pinball
https://www.facebook.com/blackflaggerspinball

BlackFlaggers_CenterStage_Slingshots_GL.jpg

Black Flaggers Pinball in a nutshell

The core of the game is a cutting edge pinball simulation system based on Epic’s awesome Unreal® Engine 4: Highly accurate physics, a modular gameplay system and a fully dynamic specialized lighting and effects system, capable of sequencing hundreds of dynamic lights.

• Vibrant pirate world brimming with life and adventure
  • Classic and modern pinball elements
  • Absolute pinball physics: Highly accurate rolling ball simulation
  • Fully dynamic, real-time lighting and physically-based rendering (PBR)
  • Beautifully illuminated by a versatile light sequencer with over 500 fully dynamic lights
  • Heaps of awesome particles and effects
  • Pinball Action Cams: Switch instantly between predefined cameras and between fixed, dynamic and action close up modes.
  • Free camera with user definable camera presets
  • Retro styled dot-matrix display (DMD)
  • Multiplayer: Leaderboards, Challenges and Tournaments
  • Playable in VR too: on the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift

Cheers,
Daniel and Florian
Formslingers

Postcard_From_BlackFlaggers_Bay_GL.jpg

20-BlackFlaggers_Tavern_Sharks_720.jpg

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Wow, that's what I call music inspired by pirates of the carribean. A Black Pearl and a Davy Jones and a Kraken custom ball. Ok, this is nothing exclusive to POTC, but the overall picture...

Besides that, looks good so far. 10 €? Maybe...

Good luck to some fellow Germans :)

Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I love it already, the table looks amazing and I'm a sucker for anything with a pirate theme. I Just hope you'll add a lot of depth to it like the Pro Pinball tables.

You guys need a lot more exposure for that Kickstarter, because I want it to succeed.

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Absolutely love the theme! Looks like it has sort of a Zen feel to the physics? That's the only thing that would keep me from buying it. Any chance the physics are adjustable or there's a simulation mode maybe?

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
Cool. I'll gladly support any new pinball sim startup with a few bucks. That said, I agree about the physics: Zen style physics are bottom of the barrel. Would like to see Pro Pinball style physics.

Great start though. Nice graphics. Neat theme.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Absolutely love the theme! Looks like it has sort of a Zen feel to the physics? That's the only thing that would keep me from buying it. Any chance the physics are adjustable or there's a simulation mode maybe?

The only thing keeping me from buying it is that I can't. Any word on cross platform support? Mac, mobile or consoles?

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
good luck guys great to see new blood, gingerbeard approves

edit- also as a introduction table zen stuff doesnt really hurt no reason the next table couldnt be for the more serious simulation players among us...or even a free "difficulty" upgrade

edit2- look at those sweet insert ligh diffusions

Last edited:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
Ahoy, fellow pinball lovers!

We're thrilled to reveal Black Flaggers Pinball.

Embark on a pirate’s journey of plundering loot, swashbuckling adventures and cannon wielding foes. Wicked pinball mechanics and magnificent ball rolling physics running on a cutting edge engine: The next-generation pinball experience.

Black Flaggers Pinball (PC, Windows) is now Live on Kickstarter and Greenlight.

You can follow us here:
https://twitter.com/Formslingers
https://www.facebook.com/blackflaggerspinball

BlackFlaggers_CenterStage_Slingshots_GL.jpg

Black Flaggers Pinball in a nutshell

The core of the game is a cutting edge pinball simulation system based on Epic’s awesome Unreal® Engine 4: Highly accurate physics, a modular gameplay system and a fully dynamic specialized lighting and effects system, capable of sequencing hundreds of dynamic lights.

• Vibrant pirate world brimming with life and adventure
  • Classic and modern pinball elements
  • Absolute pinball physics: Highly accurate rolling ball simulation
  • Fully dynamic, real-time lighting and physically-based rendering (PBR)
  • Beautifully illuminated by a versatile light sequencer with over 500 fully dynamic lights
  • Heaps of awesome particles and effects
  • Pinball Action Cams: Switch instantly between predefined cameras and between fixed, dynamic and action close up modes.
  • Free camera with user definable camera presets
  • Retro styled dot-matrix display (DMD)
  • Multiplayer: Leaderboards, Challenges and Tournaments
  • Playable in VR too: on the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift

Cheers,
Daniel and Florian
Formslingers

Postcard_From_BlackFlaggers_Bay_GL.jpg

20-BlackFlaggers_Tavern_Sharks_720.jpg
-------
This is so cool :cool:

Formslingers

Oct 19, 2016
@all Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate your support :)

@Jeff Strong Hey great question! And yes, there will be user adjustable settings for the physics.
We answered to a similar question in a Steam Greenlight discussion, concerning the physics as seen in the reveal trailer:

While it's definitely not the final version, we're actually proud of the current state of the physics: Special moves like live catch or flick pass are possible without any extra handling. The flipper movement is very much shaped to simulate the solenoid driven behavior of a real pinball machine.

To achieve this we modified and extended the physics parts of the Unreal Engine and made changes to the underlying PhysX. The ball to flipper/rubber contacts are handled as a special case to simulate the rubber dynamics.

As you can imagine it's still an ongoing process to calibrate all the physics settings we've implemented and we're very confident to get it just right.

The gameplay for the video was recorded using UE4's sequencer at 30fps. This allowed us to continue to work on the light sequences, particle fx and to capture different cameras using the same recorded gameplay. There is a bit of aliasing and interpolation happening on the ball and flipper movement in the video that is not present when playing the game.

@DA5ID Platforms: We have plans to release on XBox One, PS4 and Mac, too. Our primary focus is currently on the Windows version. We will keep you updated.

karl

May 10, 2012
This is looking very interesting. Sounds like you are on the path to something good here.

I hope there is an option to have a regular shiny silver ball also ;) Just give that ball a little more weight. Nice to hear that we will be able to do regular flipper tricks, like alley pass, post flipp, live catch etc.

Cool layout. Will be following this and maybe give it some support also :)

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
@all Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate your support :)

@Jeff Strong Hey great question! And yes, there will be user adjustable settings for the physics.
We answered to a similar question in a Steam Greenlight discussion, concerning the physics as seen in the reveal trailer:

@DA5ID Platforms: We have plans to release on XBox One, PS4 and Mac, too. Our primary focus is currently on the Windows version. We will keep you updated.

Thanks for the answer! Sounds really good. I love anything pirate-themed, so I'm definitely in support of this.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
It looks like a lot of hard work and sound thought is going into this new pinball sim.

Hopefully the ball will shrink in size a little bit before the final version-it looks like a beach ball. Besides that, it looks very nice with a great theme.

I like the soft-glow the dmd has.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
No mobile version in the works, so I will probably never play it, but it looks like a winner. Are other pins planned, or us this a one and done project?

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Looks nice! Always happy to support more developers entering the market. Especially making tables with non-licenced themes.

lio

Jul 24, 2013
Looks great! Incredible you've done this with just 2 people working on it! You've got my support :)
Also great to see this is coming from Berlin!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.