PS3 - Bug My PS3 locks on start screen

Budwin

Mar 26, 2016
Just downloaded an update last weekend and the PS3 locks up after you press the 'X' to start.
The music still plays but the controller does nothing and the system is locked on that screen.
I deleted the game and downloaded the demo install from PSN, game forces the same update and the same result after update.
The game CD (Williams Collection) plays fine and Netflix works and so on......
Appears there is nothing wrong with the PS3 itself.
Any Ideas?

Bud

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just downloaded an update last weekend and the PS3 locks up after you press the 'X' to start.
The music still plays but the controller does nothing and the system is locked on that screen.
I deleted the game and downloaded the demo install from PSN, game forces the same update and the same result after update.
The game CD (Williams Collection) plays fine and Netflix works and so on......
Appears there is nothing wrong with the PS3 itself.
Any Ideas?

Bud

Are you using a wireless connection? This issue has been reported to occur with some wireless signals during the connection process at the start of the game.

You can get by the screen by playing with an Ethernet cord.
You can play without an internet connect or you can start the game without an internet connection and reconnect after the screen has passed.

ostrich2

Feb 26, 2013
This does not work for me. I've tried starting TPA both with wireless internet connection active but signed out from PSN, and with wireless connection disabled from Network menu. Both have the same result on startup. The game and PS3 both freeze up at the same point.

jaybr

Oct 26, 2016
Try this

This does not work for me. I've tried starting TPA both with wireless internet connection active but signed out from PSN, and with wireless connection disabled from Network menu. Both have the same result on startup. The game and PS3 both freeze up at the same point.

I emailed Farsight my findings yesterday.
The "bug" is possibly related to the Stereoscopic 3D driver.

To get Pinball Arcade working, just delete your Pinball Arcade save game file.
You'll now find Pinball Arcade will get past the "Press X to start" screen, and play all the tables in normal 2D mode.

If you enable 3D in the Game Options screen, it will tell you to reboot and reload Pinball Arcade to run in 3D mode. If you do this, it will crash/hang at the "Press X to start" screen again.

Farsight emailed me this morning to advise that a patch will be released at the end of this week.

Regards
Jaybr

Last edited:

Budwin

Mar 26, 2016
PS3 locks

I emailed Farsight my findings yesterday.
The "bug" is possibly related to the Stereoscopic 3D driver.

To get Pinball Arcade working, just delete your Pinball Arcade save game file.
You'll now find Pinball Arcade will get past the "Press X to start" screen, and play all the tables in normal 2D mode.

If you enable 3D in the Game Options screen, it will tell you to reboot and reload Pinball Arcade to run in 3D mode. If you do this, it will crash/hang at the "Press X to start" screen again.

Farsight emailed me this morning to advise that a patch will be released at the end of this week.

Regards
Jaybr

I tried deleting the save game file and the program did go to a different screen before it locked up the PS3.

Not sure how to control 2D vs. 3D on PS3 for TPA?

Bud

Budwin

Mar 26, 2016
Tried TPA while logged out of PSN

Are you using a wireless connection? This issue has been reported to occur with some wireless signals during the connection process at the start of the game.

You can get by the screen by playing with an Ethernet cord.
You can play without an internet connect or you can start the game without an internet connection and reconnect after the screen has passed.

I did try disabling the internet connection, but the program stopped responding at the same place.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Bud

ostrich2

Feb 26, 2013
I've been hoping patch would be available soon, we're overdue based on their original estimate that I got from support via email. I haven't checked in the last day or so.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
I've been hoping patch would be available soon, we're overdue based on their original estimate that I got from support via email. I haven't checked in the last day or so.

Hi guys, I've been told that the patch should be out as of yesterday morning.

Budwin, could you try to start the game using the new patch and see if it is still crashing for you? We're still looking in to some possible causes for this issue, but we are no longer seeing this crash in the office on the latest patch. Please let me know if you're still seeing this problem so we can work on getting it fixed as soon as we possibly can.

ostrich2

Feb 26, 2013
Good news for me - I downloaded the new update (and I had to install a new PSN system update as well) and the game starts successfully for me.

jaybr

Oct 26, 2016
Good news for me - I downloaded the new update (and I had to install a new PSN system update as well) and the game starts successfully for me.

I too can confirm the update now fixes the startup and 3D support problem.
Well done Farsight.

For others who are unsure how to update, highlight the Pinball Arcade icon, press triangle, then navigate the right column to "check for update" and press X

J

Budwin

Mar 26, 2016
Update fixed my issue

Same here, I just had to download and install my tables again.

Kudos to FarSight !

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.