First Impressions

Joelpbafan

Nov 1, 2015
Played on kindle ball seems fast at times but it takes time getting used to it
As far as liking it ill play it to death before I get the hang of it I didn't get Dr.who at first but got the hang of it later

Crawley

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah this table pretty much sucks. Not sure I'll even bother with the basic goals for it.

For some reason I was thinking Bone Busters was a completely different table - Big House. So a bit of a shock when I finally saw it. And the game play seems very odd. The flippers go over very high - not sure if the actual table is like that. And it also seems like the camera view doesn't represent the sharp downward angle of the table. It just does not feel right when playing it.

Next Halloween needs to be a good one (Medusa or Tales from the Crypt).

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yeah this table pretty much sucks. Not sure I'll even bother with the basic goals for it.

For some reason I was thinking Bone Busters was a completely different table - Big House. So a bit of a shock when I finally saw it. And the game play seems very odd. The flippers go over very high - not sure if the actual table is like that. And it also seems like the camera view doesn't represent the sharp downward angle of the table. It just does not feel right when playing it.

Next Halloween needs to be a good one (Medusa or Tales from the Crypt).

I'd like to see Big House, mainly because I've never seen one IRL. It's not very popular though.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
This is the first time another digital pinball game has released a better Halloween game than Farsight.

Step it up bros. You guys know I love ya but...

50289_112455378783621_1848265_n.jpg

kinggo

Feb 9, 2014
The worst thing here is, there are pople who actually wanted this one. And it's a prfect hit as halloween table since it is pure horror in every way.
Andy very bad choice for TPA table.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
not really getting the hate for this table. wondering if people were already disappointed because of the forum's desire for the halloween table to be Freddy or TFTC.
The more I play the table the more I like it - not my favorite but happy I was able to spend a measly $5 to "own" and experience a pinball table that I will probably never see IRL. Keep the collection growing.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
not really getting the hate for this table. wondering if people were already disappointed because of the forum's desire for the halloween table to be Freddy or TFTC.
The more I play the table the more I like it - not my favorite but happy I was able to spend a measly $5 to "own" and experience a pinball table that I will probably never see IRL. Keep the collection growing.

What are you playing on? Because Steam and Kindle is like playing Addams Family in seance mode, the ball is in a constant state of slowing down and speeding up. It completely botched physics.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
What are you playing on? Because Steam and Kindle is like playing Addams Family in seance mode, the ball is in a constant state of slowing down and speeding up. It completely botched physics.

iOS it plays fine. The right inlane is super fast so you have to be ready for it.

I can't distinguish between people saying this is the worst table ever because it's unplayable or they just hate the table.

It has some cool features. Flowy loop shots, ramp jump, Multiball, Zaccaria-like bonus round but with multiple balls. Artwork is growing on me.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
iOS it plays fine. The right inlane is super fast so you have to be ready for it.

I can't distinguish between people saying this is the worst table ever because it's unplayable or they just hate the table.

I don't hate the table. I just think it's a little bit strange thematically - wants to be a bunch of different things and its sound effects seem to be a collection of odds and ends from other Gottlieb tables. The bad implementation just makes it harder to love.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
havent really had a chance to play it dude some weird crashing bug after the first shot or two but i really like that horseshote loops with the spinners...but then im a spinner hoor , dey spinin! dey spinin!

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
iOS does play OK, not great but OK. I get the right inlane speed-up and after playing a lot of dr. Who (which got fixed and now has better physics around the Dalek Holes) I really have to get used to Gottlieb again. I kinda like the MB thing, although it's difficult to control with more than two balls at the time. The center shot is difficult but not impossible, and the variable speed in the right inlane actually helps here, with slower balls (also from the lock area), it's possible to one-time the shot from the right. The lock ramp is actually more easy with an backhand from the left. If you experiment with your camera view, you get a bit more "depth" to the table. In view 1 I was totally like "what am I seeing here? Where are the slingshots? What happens behind the left upper flipper?", but with view 2 this got better. Anyway, it sure is not a top-level release, but can be fun for a little while.

jrolson

Feb 28, 2012
The horizontal cams on this for iOS are terrible.. To far back to even see the table...

GHb2SFh.jpg

Last edited:

MisterVercetti

May 26, 2015
On the one hand... it's better than Co1812 gameplay-wise, at least (though it's not hard to beat that one... Co1812 is probably one of the worst tables in history).

On the other, pretty much what everyone else has said. It's even worse on the PC version IMO... the ball physics are so wonky that making a Skill Shot is virtually impossible, as more often than not a solid plunge ends up with the ball getting rejected from the upper playfield and just plonking into the saucer lane. The Water Tower shot is also still nearly impossible to make, but for different reasons than the mobile versions - unless the shot is pixel-perfect, the ball actually clips through the ramp, so it just falls into the upper loop. And it seems weird to me that a ball shot into the lock ramp from the right flipper almost always doesn't make it to the top, but a backhand from the left flipper makes it almost every time.

Yeah, this one definitely still needed some cooking. Between this and Doctor Who, I'm getting really sick of unfinished tables with broken physics that make it virtually impossible to play the game as intended. It's even worse with this one: whereas the wonky physics in Doctor Who merely warranted a change in strategy (going for Video Mode constantly instead of multiball), here it renders the game literally unplayable, since there are no alternative strategies to compensate for what's broken. I think most folks here would rather wait an extra week rather than have them rushed out unfinished.

relaxation

Oct 8, 2015
@Tarek I'll leave it up to you to find out if we're capped at 100M or not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLSLnNYof7E

Mind telling us if Bony Bonus can be rolled too?

my score was above 100M but I got the end game early bug when tilting on purpose.
usually the end game early bug would submit a score 0, this must be the rollover number it keeps in mind when submitting a total score

the three specials award is giving an Extra Ball, not specials

Oh uh, what I think of the table, hmm.. it's safer than Co1812 (300M tilt out, 60 minutes) but optimal scoring requires a controller (100M tilted out, 74 minutes) and the double playfield helps but doesn't when your main shot is 1M multiball awards that don't get multiplied... so kinda meh? it's like goin' nuts in a way.. hold on to a ball to restart multiball and go again.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online