First Impressions

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
This table has so many bugs, it's a shame. In my first game this morning the ball stucked in the right hole and always score 50k. I've drunk a coffee, smoked two cigarettes and watched the grown score. At 99B I've tried to tilt the game with no luck, my whole PC crashed. :)

This tells me the tuning is not consistent across platforms. In all the testing I did on the table, I've never had it get stuck in the right saucer area.

Tarek Oberdieck

Jan 18, 2015
Last edited:

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
This table stinks. Hopefully they'll see how poorly received it was, and will starting thinking thorougly about their next releases.

Asking people what they want would be nice too, y'know. Such as taking polls into consideration more often.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Rescue 911 was a bit of a weird case. I still have no idea why the heck people even requested it.

But there's no accounting for taste I guess. Thankfully the other tables people have been requesting, like Banzai Run or Mousin' Around are loads better.

SethAB

Dec 26, 2015
This is officially the worst table on Pinball Arcade.

I feel like I got an orange for christmas.

I sense a sudden familiar kinship with 8th grade girls that still have no boobs

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Another bug or my incredibly bad luck. I've gotten the 3 million Opera Jackpot twice now on Steam without the goal unlocking. 1st time was in multiball and I figured that was the culprit, but I did it again today in single ball and still no goal. Jackpot value reset back both times afterwards, I got the points, just no goal.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
What are you playing on? Because Steam and Kindle is like playing Addams Family in seance mode, the ball is in a constant state of slowing down and speeding up. It completely botched physics.
I have played this table on Steam for several hours now, and I didn't have this happening.

Also I didn't ever had the ball getting stuck in the right saucer, as other players reported.

This is not to say "if I don't have this issue, I don't think it's existing".

Two issues I had:

1. Ball got stuck in the area where the captive ball is. Nudging didn't help. Didn't try calling attendant, as this is usually useless anyway.

2. At some point the Opera Jackpot wasn't mentioned to increase any more and I couldn't achieve it any more as well, although I hit the drop targets when Opera jackpot was lit and hit the captive ball after that.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
2. At some point the Opera Jackpot wasn't mentioned to increase any more and I couldn't achieve it any more as well, although I hit the drop targets when Opera jackpot was lit and hit the captive ball after that.

Turns out the Opera Jackpot isn't announced and increased anymore, when it is capped at 3 million. Is the shot at the captive ball timed? That might explain why I didn't get the Jackpot.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Turns out the Opera Jackpot isn't announced and increased anymore, when it is capped at 3 million. Is the shot at the captive ball timed? That might explain why I didn't get the Jackpot.

Shouldn't be. And when I got the jackpot lit and then drained the ball, the jackpot remained at 3 million afterwards to go for again. Hitting the top targets when the jackpot is capped still shows the jackpot at 3M, it just won't increment any more. I can confirm I've gotten the points, but the goal hasn't unlocked for me yet.

Edit: Just did it again. 3rd time. Confirmed Opera Jackpot was up to 3,000,000. Collected it, no goal.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I had the 3m Jackpot twice. The first time I knocked down the drop targets in multiball, then intentionally drained all but one ball and then hit the Opera Jackpot. I received 3m, the Jackpot reset, but the wizard goal wasn't registered.

The second time I got it without any multiball, then it finally registered. Phew.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Finally dropped the wizard goal the 4th time I collected the 3M jackpot. If they were going to have a goal that wasn't registering properly again, at least it was an easy one unlike Victory's F-U-E-L Special.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I like playing the table (on Android), it has a good challenge and some interesting shots and plays okay. I like short ball time games that are challenging and this one definitely fits, and it's satisfying when you nail the spinner after it is charged up, or make the jump when you need it, or hit the lock ramp.

Definitely there are some fairly impactful bugs that I really hope they fix (I have had the "bonus time" kick in and screw up the other player in a two player game, and some other strange behavior particularly in two player games), but the most annoying thing for me right now is how hosed the high scores are on Android - not only are they way too high (lowest is 14 million, and I have yet to break 4), but they are out of order which is bizarre: from first to fifth place, in order, are the scores 50m, 79m, 35, 14, and 55. I expect to get to 14 million at some point but it may take a while to get to 55, I'd like to see that fixed. I may need to reinstall the table, I guess.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.