First Impressions

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Wow, this is a mess! The physics and timing are all off. The ball floats around so unnaturally, slowing down and speeding up. The bumpers are completely camouflaged, I can't see them at all. This game doesn't seem like it was ready to be released.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
What a bizarre table. How much of this is bad implementation? I haven't seen this table in the wild.

The ball acts like it's got some kind of invisible accelerator on the alleys to the right flipper. I have never before had so much trouble with simple flipper mechanics as that right flipper.

It also bounces around in some pretty strange ways.

And it has the same problem as Junkyard in that the crucial "straight up the middle" shot is, for me at least, nearly impossible to make. Junkyard was one of the tables which did better with the controller than the keyboard (the flippers are apparently softer with the controller for some reason, but seem to hit different spots than the keyboard controls do). Maybe I'll try the controller with this table and see what happens.

I kinda like the multi-lock (once I realized there was a thing I had to actually use the alt/upper flipper key for!) but if I can't master that right flipper and find a good way to make the Long Jump shot, this table is done for. Ten games so far and I haven't managed to start multiball once, and that seems to be where all the points are.

The bonus round is ... a really weird idea.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I just watched a bunch of videos of the real life table and ball behaves normally. This is just messed up physics on Farsights part.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Part of the problem is that this is a table whose visuals and layout just don't translate well as a virtual table. I'm sure all the artwork and playfield objects are faithfully reproduced and in the right place, they just don't work well on a screen.

The physics are a different matter entirely.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Hopefully they fix the physics because it is almost unplayable the way it is. The ball behaves so unnatural.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Part of the problem is that this is a table whose visuals and layout just don't translate well as a virtual table. I'm sure all the artwork and playfield objects are faithfully reproduced and in the right place, they just don't work well on a screen.

Yeah, I was wondering about that. This is the kind of table where I go to the Pinball Database to try to find pictures of how the thing actually looks.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Oh good lord. It honestly didn't occur to me until I went to the pinball db site and got a closeup photo of the backglass that this is supposed to be a Ghostbusters riff/ripoff.

Garycope

Nov 5, 2013
They finally fixed the iPhone table icon list to three across but now my iPad icon list looks like ****. The game itself is all messed up. Tables used to be made better before farsight spread the self to thin to make more profit. It's really ashame

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I'm all for them making profit I just wish if they would either wait until something is ready to release it or if they let us know they are aware of the problem and will address it so we don't need to worry this is another Haunted House.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
no problem here ,I`ve been playing Horizon 3 for 5 weeks solid,so right fast lane seems slow motion to me!!!! :cool: great to have a change in pace on a table.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Good grief, the ball speed coming out of locks and scoops and such surprised me SO much, I actually had the ball just roll down the flipper into the center drain!
TWICE!
In the FIRST GAME!
My final score was around 170,000.

The colors all blend into each other--I can hardly tell where anything is!

Ever play Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS? You know how it used perspective tricks that required you to use the 3D adjustment slider?
That's what this feels like right now.
Without the slider.

I get they needed a spooky-looking table for Halloween, but HOLY COW, this was a swing and a miss.

I've never seen a Bone Busters in the wild, so I don't know if it's like this in real life, but...wow.

As they say in Harley-Davidson: "Bummer, man, what happened?"

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
This table is just dreadful, surely there must've been some better Halloween-themed ones available.

Not sure what they were thinking when they picked it.

Last edited:

David T. Melnick

Jul 23, 2014
This table is just dreadful, surely there must've been some better Halloween-themed ones available.

Not sure what they were thinking when they picked it.
_____
I don't get it. Given, this has problems as soon as it's out, but that is expected. With a few changes/updates, I'm betting that it will be considered 'a good deal better'. ;)

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Physics seem fine on iOS... definitely some speed up on the right outlane.
Going to have the read the rules for this one soon.
Where is the water tower?

Happy that the scrolling on the table select menu is fixed!

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
Physics seem fine on iOS... definitely some speed up on the right outlane.
Going to have the read the rules for this one soon.
Where is the water tower?

Happy that the scrolling on the table select menu is fixed!

The water tower is the center shot. The game also calls it the bridge for some reason.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
_____
I don't get it. Given, this has problems as soon as it's out, but that is expected. With a few changes/updates, I'm betting that it will be considered 'a good deal better'. ;)
I'm not talking about the bugs here. I'm talking about how the gameplay in this table just plain sucks. It's just really poorly-designed and no amount of updates will ever fix that.

Not to mention it's not much fun either. This is the first PA table I'm skipping on buying.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.