Stern Pinball Arcade Release Dates

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
interesting thing about release date - here was ACDC kickstarter picture that said Ghostbusters coming this fall, so it will be available on start or just will be delayed.

zmcvay

Sep 19, 2014
Sorry to come in late, but wasn't November 2016 the original target date from the Kickstarter earlier this year? They've been good to date with meeting Kickstarter targets so far.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
promo video of STPA was removed from FS' youtube channel, so now STPA website shows "snow" and error, just mistake or it will be replaced with something more actual.
your theories?

Last edited:

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
This is great news! However why are Farsight not shouting from the roof tops about this release? They've got tens of thousands of Facebook fans, millions of people playing TPA - they should be hyping this months before release, some behind the scenes videos, status updates on how its progressing, ANYTHING to get the fans interested. So potentially we are less then a couple of months away from release and still totally in the dark about what the eventual product will be. I just don't understand Farsights marketing/social media departments - I think people would be much more interested in how this is getting on then Bonebusters. Nothing in the last newsletter at all, no mainstream coverage anywhere

Captain B. Zarre

Apr 16, 2013
This is great news! However why are Farsight not shouting from the roof tops about this release? They've got tens of thousands of Facebook fans, millions of people playing TPA - they should be hyping this months before release, some behind the scenes videos, status updates on how its progressing, ANYTHING to get the fans interested. So potentially we are less then a couple of months away from release and still totally in the dark about what the eventual product will be. I just don't understand Farsights marketing/social media departments - I think people would be much more interested in how this is getting on then Bonebusters. Nothing in the last newsletter at all, no mainstream coverage anywhere

I think the reason for why this is is because Pinball Arcade is the most popular app that they've done, and most people play it for the older machines. Stern tables are fun for some but they aren't popular among the game's fan base. The odd thing is that not even Stern has created videos or posts relating to it.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
That's a good point, didn't think about that, although surely a bit more coverage couldn't hurt?
I thought modern Stern DMDs were the 2nd most popular table purchases in TPA? (After Williams/Bally DMDs)

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I will admit I have not been that into the Sterns I have played irl, but I want to like them! I will pick SPA up, atleast the tables not already in TPA on launch, assuming I can get TPA to play correctly again before then

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
I will admit I have not been that into the Sterns I have played irl, but I want to like them! I will pick SPA up, atleast the tables not already in TPA on launch, assuming I can get TPA to play correctly again before then
Hype is self grown thing, so just watch more youtube videos of Stern tables and you will love them one day :D but Ghostbusters, GoT, ACDC, Star Trek, Metallica, Kiss, LotR, Wheel of Fortune and World Poker Tour are very solid tables.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm excited about the release of SPA. But I'm a little less excited about the price. I'm not sure how $10 a pin will be received. Feels a little high to me, and I love this crap. How will the casual fan react. My friend who buys most of the pins says that he won't buy any at that price.
As for the promotion. I just figured they are waiting til we get closer to release. But I hope they step it up.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
But I'm a little less excited about the price. I'm not sure how $10 a pin will be received. Feels a little high to me, and I love this crap.
yes this is a thing. and all this LE editions, i will not be even surprised if we'll see DLC's which add toppers or shaker motor to the tables as irl.

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
I'm excited about the release of SPA. But I'm a little less excited about the price. I'm not sure how $10 a pin will be received. Feels a little high to me, and I love this crap. How will the casual fan react. My friend who buys most of the pins says that he won't buy any at that price.
As for the promotion. I just figured they are waiting til we get closer to release. But I hope they step it up.

I would have to agree with Kolchak. $5 a table is my limit. I just bought that bones one or whatever and it is a pile. I feel $5 was a rip for it. My fault for not playing the trial first LOL, but it is in the tournament LOL.

After seasons 1,2,and 3, for me it has now become a table by table thing. With limited time and money and a huge investment behind me, I will be more particular. TPA or STERN PA doesn't matter, it's still a table by table thing.

Last edited:

steven120566

Mar 7, 2015
According to Amazon:

PS4 and Xbox One: November 28th, 2016

Steam, Wii U, Oculus Rift, iOS, and Android: TBA, but very likely to be around this time frame.

https://www.amazon.com/Stern-Pinball-PlayStation-4/dp/B01MAZKDDT/

https://www.amazon.com/Stern-Pinball-Xbox-One/dp/B01M5EAO4V/

Well Pinballwiz45b I know they promised on Wii U, but they haven't even updated the release of TPA with the promised enhancements from April on the Wii U yet, it's srill version 1.00 :(. Nor have the even released it at all in Europe eshop. So although it would be cool, I can say a WIi U version of Stern is probably not likely.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
So what's up with that "exclusive content" on Amazon? I just checked Amazon.com, and they won't "ship" SPA to Canada. Of course, there's nothing to be found on Amazon.ca (as usual). So how will us Canucks get out hands on it?

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
So what's up with that "exclusive content" on Amazon? I just checked Amazon.com, and they won't "ship" SPA to Canada. Of course, there's nothing to be found on Amazon.ca (as usual). So how will us Canucks get out hands on it?
no reasons to order physical copy - you'll download game faster and this LE will be available as paid DLC

Pinhead45

Dec 30, 2012
it might be worth the $40. If you figure that you are getting the LE's along with the pro's really you are getting more than 4 tables, like for instance AC/DC is 3 tables. BNB,pro, and LTBR editions. Now let's just hope the quality is up to par. strange they are doing physical releases, but maybe they feel they can get a greater exposure between both physical and virtual markets. Now with this game you have something that even visual pinball doesn't have the LE"s. I believe they said they can't properly emulate those in vp because there's a certain chip they can't emulate.

I just hope this doesn't mean the end of PBA.

BTW, it says the 4 tables are Star Trek, AC/DC, MS Frankenstein and Mustang. Now i wonder what happened to Ghostbusters??? It has been obviously replaced with Mustang for now. Also it seems Starship Troopers is missing, but that was another double table. Maybe they thought that was too many repeat tables for $40. I bet in the future they'll try to either alternate repeat tables or package them in with a new table and charge $20 but I can only guess so far.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
it might be worth the $40. If you figure that you are getting the LE's along with the pro's really you are getting more than 4 tables, like for instance AC/DC is 3 tables. BNB,pro, and LTBR editions. Now let's just hope the quality is up to par. strange they are doing physical releases, but maybe they feel they can get a greater exposure between both physical and virtual markets. Now with this game you have something that even visual pinball doesn't have the LE"s. I believe they said they can't properly emulate those in vp because there's a certain chip they can't emulate.

I just hope this doesn't mean the end of PBA.

BTW, it says the 4 tables are Star Trek, AC/DC, MS Frankenstein and Mustang. Now i wonder what happened to Ghostbusters??? It has been obviously replaced with Mustang for now. Also it seems Starship Troopers is missing, but that was another double table. Maybe they thought that was too many repeat tables for $40. I bet in the future they'll try to either alternate repeat tables or package them in with a new table and charge $20 but I can only guess so far.
At start here will be atleast 10 tables which already were demonstrated in recent video on sternpinballarcade.com, probably as 1st season pass/pack. Very likely "base" versions of modern Sterns will be Premiums. not Pros, and LE will be available as DLC. Ghostbusters andW hoa Nellie probably not at start, as site says "coming soon" (and we all know how soon is "soon").

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
My understanding was that we would betting the LE versions only. Nothing more. Has this changed? Did I misunderstand what was going on? Someone please straitened me out. I'd feel a lot better if we got all versions. But that's a lot of work. Some versions have different layouts, different rules, art, etc.

Pinhead45

Dec 30, 2012
My understanding was that we would betting the LE versions only. Nothing more. Has this changed? Did I misunderstand what was going on? Someone please straitened me out. I'd feel a lot better if we got all versions. But that's a lot of work. Some versions have different layouts, different rules, art, etc.
I don't see why we wouldn't get all versions, but we are not getting a Luci addition on AC/DC. They refer to pro upgrades on the Amazon link on pg 1, but that appears to be a TPA pro version, like you can view the table, not a pro from Stern. The picture of Mustang shows the LE translite so it will be in the release at least. Maybe what they could do is put the pro's or premiums in the tpa pro versions. It would make you want to buy the pro versions, but they take the risk that you are not interested in the pro's because the premiums and LE's are the better games.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
we could not get only LE versions, atleast because not every table have them XD but taking in account what we had seen in a STPA trailer (mistake on Mustang which had playfield of Premium and car toy model from LE) here will be atleast Premiums and LEs.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online