Stern Pinball Arcade Release Dates

karl

May 10, 2012
There usually is nothing extra on the LE versions VS Premium to speak of. Only difference is Artwork on cab and backglass + a shaker (sometimes)

I guess if you are playing with VR, different cab artwork is cool. But otherwise I don't really see the big gain on other normal platforms. It's cool to have as a gimmick, but not worth any extra cash. Premium vs pro on the other hand are often machines that play very different from each other.

I am betting that the download version of the basic app without the extras will be a bit cheaper. Maybe 25- 30US?? I am fine with that, but I think they should also release a version with only one table for almost nothing, so that more casual players will buy the app.

If the price is 40, I will still buy it, but I feel the same as kolchak. It will hurt their sales, and that will also hurt the future of the app and its downloadable content.

PS! Ghostbusters is on a completely different system than Star Trek, Mustang and AC/DC, so I guess it will take a lot more work to get that system (spike) emulated on some platforms. Hence the longer wait for that one. (and the code on Ghostbusters is far from finished yet) Pure guess, of course :)

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
^ I like the latest code update on ghostbusters. Just got grand champ at my local barcade with 1,056,396,600.
(Great score for GB - it's a hard table)

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
There usually is nothing extra on the LE versions VS Premium to speak of. Only difference is Artwork on cab and backglass + a shaker (sometimes)

I guess if you are playing with VR, different cab artwork is cool. But otherwise I don't really see the big gain on other normal platforms. It's cool to have as a gimmick, but not worth any extra cash. Premium vs pro on the other hand are often machines that play very different from each other.

I am betting that the download version of the basic app without the extras will be a bit cheaper. Maybe 25- 30US?? I am fine with that, but I think they should also release a version with only one table for almost nothing, so that more casual players will buy the app.

If the price is 40, I will still buy it, but I feel the same as kolchak. It will hurt their sales, and that will also hurt the future of the app and its downloadable content.

PS! Ghostbusters is on a completely different system than Star Trek, Mustang and AC/DC, so I guess it will take a lot more work to get that system (spike) emulated on some platforms. Hence the longer wait for that one. (and the code on Ghostbusters is far from finished yet) Pure guess, of course :)
LE tables also have numbered plates, so we need to have such too! =D
i think first 10 tables will be available as season pack and 1 (MSF probably) will be free as TOTAN is in regular TPA. and LE versions will be available as DLC unlock.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
^ I like the latest code update on ghostbusters. Just got grand champ at my local barcade with 1,056,396,600.
(Great score for GB - it's a hard table)

how often police raid your bar after scare feature activation? =D

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
btw FS's just answer to some dude on SternTPA's facebook page what ETA on steam for STPA is still "Fall"..such a useful information, in place of mr. Obernolte i could save someone's salary and just setup bot program for such answers on FB and spend this money in more efficient way.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
btw FS's just answer to some dude on SternTPA's facebook page what ETA on steam for STPA is still "Fall"..such a useful information, in place of mr. Obernolte i could save someone's salary and just setup bot program for such answers on FB and spend this money in more efficient way.

Less than 2 months until the first day of winter :) tho the year is not specified :p

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Last day of fall will be December 20th, Dec 21st is the first day of winter and the shortest day of the year and day of the winter solstice
you are talking about "climatic" fall - not calendar/business fall and it does not make any sense because "climatic" fall is different for different parts of the world - in australia january is summer, you can use Maya's or Alpha Centauri calendar with same level of success,
not even talking about already posted release date of 28 november

Last edited:

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Don't think 10 dollars a table is too bad considering it costs a dollar a game to play Modern Sterns.

That being said, it's gonna be hard to get me to double dip on tables I already own on the same platform for that price.

Hopefully they give a discount if you already own a previously released table on the same platform and want to upgrade.

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
Don't think 10 dollars a table is too bad considering it costs a dollar a game to play Modern Sterns.

That being said, it's gonna be hard to get me to double dip on tables I already own on the same platform for that price.

Hopefully they give a discount if you already own a previously released table on the same platform and want to upgrade.
but that "dollar per game" have real physics, no bugs (except original), and no cheaters on leaderboard.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I'd pay ten bucks a table if SPA physics were upgraded to Pro Pinball quality. Otherwise, no thank you. I'd forgotten Farsight was going to ask that much. Ouch!

Members online

Members online