Stern Pinball Arcade Release Dates

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
That's a very familiar bug.....
On earlier TPA releases it sometimes worked if you don't touch anything directly after game's end, the input initial controls would show up.

karl

May 10, 2012
That's a very familiar bug.....
On earlier TPA releases it sometimes worked if you don't touch anything directly after game's end, the input initial controls would show up.

Here there is no right or left button, so you are just stuck watching the letters

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
OK still happy as a clam playing modern stern tables on my iPad.

Huge end of game breaking bug - if you get a local high score there are no controls to move the letters or select for your initials - your just stuck and have to quit out of the app. Repeatable on Star Trek, ac/D.C. And mustang

Seriously farsight I would love to be a beta tester

They are aware of it and a fix will be coming. They wanted to get it out in time for the holidays so people could enjoy it during their time off work/school. Do you really think beta testers didn't notice that?

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This was a nice surprise to wake up to.

Lots of early bugs. Looks too dark, impossible to enter highscores, some views are a little off. Bought it on Ipad but when I log inn on Iphone it asks me to buy again.
The ugly low res carpet is back, etc.

But right now I am only happy to be playing. The worst bugs will be sorted sooner or later. No slowdowns on Ipad Air 2 or Iphone 6S that I could notice so far, and that is big +

I am guessing they wanted it out before Christmas and rushed it a bit. Strange that it is impossible to enter high scores, though

Bought both packs right off the bat. Thanks for giving it to us before Christmas, Farsight.

From only one try on the new tables, they seem to play just fine, and that is the most important thing.

Yeah, it is fun to get these in time for the holiday. Play can be a bit jittery on my ipad4 if I have anything running in the background. I think the ipad 4 is a little underpowered for SPA imo. Great to play AC/DC again, as I haven't played a real one in a long time. The sound is very good for mobiles as well. Love that bell sound!

Oh Hairy, you're the best. I can always count on you to make me smile. Have a great holiday buddy!

Last edited:

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
They are aware of it and a fix will be coming. They wanted to get it out in time for the holidays so people could enjoy it during their time off work/school. Do you really think beta testers didn't notice that?

I assume that the testers catch bugs that are reported and get trouble tickets that are not addressed in time for a release.
Good call on releasing before xmas - joy to the world (of pinball fans).

If they announce TPA and/or SPA for PSVR as one of the 12 days then 2016 will be saved!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
OK still happy as a clam playing modern stern tables on my iPad.

Huge end of game breaking bug - if you get a local high score there are no controls to move the letters or select for your initials - your just stuck and have to quit out of the app. Repeatable on Star Trek, ac/D.C. And mustang

Seriously farsight I would love to be a beta tester

It was caught by internal QA and the Beta test group, we had a deadline to submit unless risking it not releasing before Christmas. A patch is currently waiting for review that fixes the initial entry screen.

Comp_Lex

Dec 14, 2015
It was caught by internal QA and the Beta test group, we had a deadline to submit unless risking it not releasing before Christmas. A patch is currently waiting for review that fixes the initial entry screen.
Will FS also release SPA on Steam before Christmas?

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
NOTE: Stern Pinball announced the release of iOS, Android, and Steam versions today.

Android and Steam are yet to follow, so keep a close eye on them.

westofrome

Jan 29, 2013
Just downloaded for iOS and can't get the game to pivot to landscape mode in Mustang and Frankenstein free tables (and yes, I'm rotating the device before I start a game as in Pinball Arcade). Anyone else with this issue?

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Will FS also release SPA on Steam before Christmas?

We will be releasing it later today.

Just downloaded for iOS and can't get the game to pivot to landscape mode in Mustang and Frankenstein free tables (and yes, I'm rotating the device before I start a game as in Pinball Arcade). Anyone else with this issue?

You will have to start the app with your device in landscape. The rotation is currently locked.

westofrome

Jan 29, 2013
We will be releasing it later today.

You will have to start the app with your device in landscape. The rotation is currently locked.

Just tried this several times on my iPhone 6:

1) Force-quit SPA
2) Rotate phone to landscape and confirm landscape in another app
3) Re-launch SPA.

Still stuck in portrait.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.