I have to admit, Bone Busters might be a guilty pleasure for me

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
If you follow my posts you know I'm pretty vocal about my dislike of Gottlieb Premiere games. I've never played Bone Busters IRL but I was expecting the worst.

It's not that bad! I mean, it actually does have a decent flow and the layout is alright. The art is awful but I kind of love the super-cheesy music and the callouts, especially at the start of multiball.

"You guys ready?"

"All set!"

"Yeah, I'm ready!"

"Me too."

"Let's get them bones!"

So dumb, I love it.

Last edited:

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I like this table as well. Once I got over the very busy graphics, I started having fun playing it.

I'm still not a huge fan of the sound package, but we'll...

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I'm actually enjoying it a lot as well and haven't encountered any of the issues people were talking about. It's certainly 80s and personifies everything I love about the decade. I guess it figures I also love Dr. Dude and The Party Zone.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
If it worked right I bet I'd like it but its like the table has Addams family seanse mode from the way the ball floats around.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Is that happening in the middle of the playfield, like in Addams Family? It might sound like a stupid question, but I have never encountered this.

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
I haven't encountered anything like the Seance mode. I did notice that the flippers are rather lifeless when doing a dead-pass. I wasn't sure if that was an issue in the emulation or if that was the weird angle and flipper type Premier often used. The only thing I've had which I found weird was some of the bounces from the slingshots are erratic for me. I've had ones which should bounce across go straight down the middle and I've had some bounce vertical off the top of the slings. Fortunately I haven't noticed anything like the speed-up slow-down others have.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
It happens all over. Speeds up, slows down, moves all irregular. Plus they bounce off the flipper unnaturally.

I haven't noticed this. Playing on iOS.

I like this table as well. Once I got over the very busy graphics, I started having fun playing it.

I'm still not a huge fan of the sound package, but we'll...

The artwork is trash and looks that much worse in the flat mobile version.

The sound package is also trash, but in a much more delightful way.

well, that's OK. I like LCA.

I like playing LCA much more than 1812, R911, FTBH, Victory, Cueball Wizard, Eldorado SS or TX Sector...

Oh hey, I just noticed that two of the skull faces from Bone Busters are on LCA.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.