Bethesda Pinball by Zen

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I usually don't care for Zen but that's...interesting. Funny how they announce this the same day SPA comes out.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Bethesda and Zen Studios Team Up for an Epic Pinball Pack

We’ve teamed up with Bethesda, the worldwide publisher behind the blockbuster franchises Fallout®, DOOM®, and The Elder Scrolls®, for an unbelievable pinball experience! Coming to our various pinball platforms in December, Bethesda® Pinball presents three exciting pinball tables based on Bethesda’s epic gaming universes: Fallout, DOOM, and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Stay alive in the stunning yet hostile environments of three fantastic pinball tables inspired by the most iconic Bethesda franchises.

Explore the secrets of the post-nuclear wasteland in a world decimated by atomic war, join Factions, raid Vaults and collect Bobbleheads on the Fallout Pinball table, fight your way through the UAC research facility while taking on hordes of demons to earn the DOOM Slayer name on the DOOM Pinball table, and craft weapons, wield magic, equip armor, buy and sell goods, mine materials, find companions and complete side quests before defeating Alduin and fulfilling your destiny as the Dragonborn on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Pinball table. Each table features leaderboards, score tracking, exciting social features, and more!

The Bethesda Pinball pack will be available on Xbox, PSN, Steam, Mac and Windows 10 on December 6th, and on mobile platforms December 8th.

See you on the leaderboards!

https://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=6672

Bethesda-Pinball-Screenshot-3.jpg

Bethesda-Pinball-Screenshot-12.jpg

Bethesda-Pinball-Screenshot-8.jpg

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Yup. I'll be buying. I put about 150 hrs in Skyrim and almost 200 hrs. in Fallout 4. And I still got Doom on my shelf waiting to be finished. December 6th? Same day as Last Guardian. See if I can find the time. :rolleyes:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
I don't play any of these franchises, but they look cool as hell! I love that Zen is doing video game properties and branching out from Marvel and Star Wars themes. I really wish they'd jump on some more cartoons...specifically Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Cowboy Bebop, Akira. Maybe an Adult Swim pack of Venture Bros, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Sea Lab

Stuzz

Sep 22, 2015
I really wish they'd jump on some more cartoons...

I thought you'd be more into movie franchises along the lines of the Alien tables? Any wants in that department? For some reason the first I thought of was Mad Max since the first movie was around the same time as Alien. Maybe Gremlins would be interesting too?

Last edited:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I don't play any of these franchises, but they look cool as hell! I love that Zen is doing video game properties and branching out from Marvel and Star Wars themes. I really wish they'd jump on some more cartoons...specifically Ghost in the Shell: SAC, Cowboy Bebop, Akira. Maybe an Adult Swim pack of Venture Bros, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Sea Lab
I`m in the same boat as you shutyertrap,and I love Zen for fantasy pinball !!! and like Xanija WOW WOW WO:cool:W !!!!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
What is Bethesda? Is it a series of books, movies? Just doesn't ring a bell for me.
Screen shots look great.

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
What is Bethesda? Is it a series of books, movies? Just doesn't ring a bell for me.
Screen shots look great.

Video game publisher for titles such as Skyrim, DOOM, Fallout, etc.

They also have an in-house development team for the Elder Scrolls and Fallout franchises (DOOM is still developed by id).

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Screen shots look great.
They're the company responsible for all the single-player Elder Scrolls fantasy RPGs (Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Daggerfall, Arena, in reverse chronological order, as well as a couple of minor spinoffs), the two most recent numbered Fallout games, and are the publishers of iD software, who created Doom back in the early 90s and who recently rebooted the franchise.

The longer story:
The parent company is ZeniMax.
Bethesda Games Studios (BGS) are the actual developer studio of Elder Scrolls and Fallout, Bethesda Softworks is the publisher of these titles. They are also the publisher of Doom, developed as previously stated, by iD.

As to the games themselves:
Skyrim is a single-player open world fantasy RPG, with what you would recognize as a classical Tolkien style setting (with its own lore, races, factions, etc.). It's the fifth Elder Scrolls game, all of which share the same world space and are quasi-related. The first game, Arena, was released in 1992 and Bethesda is responsible for all 5 iterations. There is also Elder Scrolls Online, an MMORPG, set in the same universe but historically different era, developed by ZeniMax. And a couple of platform/dungeon crawler spinoffs from the late 90s.

Fallout is a post-apocalyptic shooter/RPG. Originally it was a top-down isometric turn based game far more heavily weighted to D&D style play than the FPS/action RPG it became when Bethesda bought the rights. Thus the first two games in the franchise, and their various spinoffs, are very different from the third and fourth games. Shared world space and lore are pretty much all they have in common. A third game in the Bethesda line, Fallout New Vegas, was developed by Obsidian under license from BSG, and is considered by many to be close-ish to how the original Fallout 3 might have been, at least plot wise. Obsidian are the successors to Black Isle, who developed the original Fallout world and games. (Black Isle were responsible for the classic D&D game Baldur's Gate, and later became Bioware sometime around 2002ish who went on to develop Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect.)

Doom is Doom. 'Nuff said.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Addendum: I may have spent a lot of time playing these games (except Doom; never really got into the pure FPS genre).

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
I wonder if Bethesda Pinball will come with all the game crashing, save file corrupting glitches that they're known for? :rolleyes:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Thanks for the info guys. I played doom back in the Sega days. Was not familiar with the other two games. Lots of room to work with considering the themes. Should be fun.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
personally i think everyone should at least experience an elderscrolls game at least once....if only morrowind had a complete modern remake.....*mindblown* as for doom on a genesis*spits

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.