Master List of Issues: Stern Pinball Arcade

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
It must be something contractural with Stern related to releases and patches. Doesn't make sense not to fix a game breaking bug which harms brand and PR and future sales. Game breaking bugs within TPA are fixed quickly (PC and Android).

Farsight? Make sense?? Lol ha ha ha ha ha ah

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Xbox One Issues

Excessive load times:

From the main splash screen (Stern Pinball Arcade, Press A to start) it takes 27 seconds to bring up the virtual arcade and menu screen (Select table, Challenges etc)
It then takes a further 21 seconds to load a table, and it takes 27 seconds to come back out of a table when you've played a game to select a different table.

When you press the yellow "START" button to go into a table, it takes a few seconds before the camera zooms in to play, and when it does, the frame rate drops considerably and it does not zoom in smoothly.

When you pause a table, the camera scrolls out to display the various options on the pinball table, however the frame rate drops considerably when it pans out so it looks very clunky - this also happens when you un-pause the game in reverse, when the camera scrolls back in the frame rate drops and it looks very clunky again

Last edited:

strells

Oct 7, 2014
I'm surprised there's nothing in here about SPA on Android almost always crashing when starting AC/DC. If I'm lucky on my Shield, it will start and play fine. But most of the time, I get the loading screen and then SPA just quits.

Tripredacus

Sep 9, 2012
Its been awhile, I played a bit yesterday and these are my issues I noticed. This is for Steam version.

Base game
- Game still opens in small box/wrong resolution. ALT+Enter puts at full screen once/twice/whatever, the resolution is still incorrect.
- Enter key when used in combination with ALT+Enter also is used in GUI, so you can choose things by accident this way. Of course if the game ran at the correct video settings from the beginning, this wouldn't be an issue.

All games (I only can play 5)
- If you use both flippers to cancel/speed up bonus at end of your last ball, you cannot use the flippers to enter initials. Mouse will work. Unknown for keyboard (didn't try). On Xbox 360 controller, you can use the D pad to select initials.
- Initial entry (this is true on TPA also) on certain tables is still laggy or some delay. Some times the key action is not done at all.

Mustang
- Got high score and after entering initials, the DMD switches between 3 different scenes constantly. Can't do anything and the select GUI is on the screen. After about a minute it does go away and the DMD returns to normal, but the initials/high score are not saved.
- No table goals are triggered when accomplished.

Harley Davidson
- balls can clip through each other in multiball and clip through the flippers. Example: try to trap two on right flipper, but the ball goes through the other ball and the flipper and drains.

Ripley's Believe it or not
- Has the delay on entering initials mentioned above.
- When entering initials, the large DMD that is part of the cabinet 3D model just says Ripley's Believe It or Not and does not match the small DMD on the left (or as per your settings) where you can choose the initials. After entering initials, the DMD on the 3D model still stays at the logo and does not do any attract animations.
- Had some issue during a the mode where you hit the head, but suddenly there was a repeating sound. I was able to continue to play the ball but when I drained it did not reset to the next ball, count bonus or anything. Call Attendant said the ball was not stuck. You could tilt and the repeated sound would continue to play and no way to start the next ball. I think a relative IRL behaviour is that it did not recognize the ball had drained. The only option then is to quit the game/table and try it again.

Frankenstein
- No table goals are triggered when accomplished.

That's it!

Apr 8, 2012
On AC/DC it is impossible to hit the "R" on the "ROCK" standups from a trap on the left flipper. It may also be impossible to hit the "K". I'm not 100% sure on the "K" because I might have achieved it once. Maybe somebody else can verify?

GET

May 1, 2016
I think both pinball arcades can only save scores, so stuff like system 11 jackpots, loop champions, and others reset when you quit the table.

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
I'm getting a horrible white circle during play in SPA on ipad. Seems to happen on Mustang and Star Trek, I haven't tried the others. It's to the lower left of the screen, has a white dot in the middle and turns green when I press it.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
I'm getting a horrible white circle during play in SPA on ipad. Seems to happen on Mustang and Star Trek, I haven't tried the others. It's to the lower left of the screen, has a white dot in the middle and turns green when I press it.

We'll have a fix out for that issue soon.

barbul

Jan 8, 2014
iOS SPA Ghostbusters... Missing textures on clear plasticks (i.e. ectoglasses, right ramp entrance, left captive ball cover, slingshoots plastic connections - just over the inlanes etc...), not working leaderboard, joystick overlay on the left side of the table... and i hope crossbuy with TPA will be working in both ways.

Android SPA GB random slowdowns (Samsung Galaxy S7E - reset, other apps closed, cache cleared) always with notifications & sometimes even without.

Steam TPA GB - no comment (even sound no bother me) - best version ever, gr8 dx11 lightning, super enjoyable table (especially portrait with x-arcade tankstick). THX.

PS. Can't wait 4 rift ver.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Version 1.2.7 Fixes:

General:

PC: Leaderboards seem to be broken. Score of 306k on Mustang can be registered regardless of score.

Star Trek:

PC: Timing out modes crashes the game.

Last edited:

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Version 1.2.7 Fixes:

General:

PC: Leaderboards seem to be broken. Score of 306k on Mustang can be registered regardless of score.

Star Trek:

PC: Timing out modes crashes the game.

Ghostbusters is NOT cross-buy, if anyone was wondering. Let's put that false rumor to rest-if you have it in TPA, you must still pay to play it in SPA (on the Steam version anyway). Which is not worth it because......

SPA doesn't even work. Eleven months and now this? Can't wait for the next update eleven months (or likely more) from now.

Sticking with TPA and eagerly awaiting the final four tables. Wild Card, Spanish Eyes and ? and ?

SPA....C-YA wouldn't wanna B-YA!

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Ghostbusters is NOT cross-buy, if anyone was wondering. Let's put that false rumor to rest-if you have it in TPA, you must still pay to play it in SPA. Which is not worth it because......

SPA doesn't even work. Eleven months and now this? Can't wait for the next update eleven months (or likely more) from now.

Sticking with TPA and eagerly awaiting the final four tables. Wild Card, Spanish Eyes and ? and ?
Ghostbusters isn't even released in Steam SPA yet, so how anyone can claim cross buy isn't working is beyond me.

Cross buy is working just fine in Android.

I know nothing about iOS.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Ghostbusters isn't even released in Steam SPA yet, so how anyone can claim cross buy isn't working is beyond me.

Cross buy is working just fine in Android.

I know nothing about iOS.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Of course, no sooner do I say that, I go to Facebook and see the announcement. Anyway - I have Ghostbusters unlocked in SPA and can play it with no problems. I didn't need to do anything to get it.

So the Star Trek crash bug is fixed? Will go verify that I guess.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Of course, no sooner do I say that, I go to Facebook and see the announcement. Anyway - I have Ghostbusters unlocked in SPA and can play it with no problems. I didn't need to do anything to get it.

So the Star Trek crash bug is fixed? Will go verify that I guess.

Yeah, I went ahead and tested out Prime Directive II and timing it out no longer crashes the game. So that's a big plus.

About time too.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Yeah, I went ahead and tested out Prime Directive II and timing it out no longer crashes the game. So that's a big plus.

About time too.
From what I was told in the Android beta G+ group, it wasn't an easy fix.

Still it was my #1 reason for not playing SPA at all, so happy now :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
Got this when I opened Ripley's after the Ghostbusters update (iOS),

https://www.flickr.com/photos/23532356@N08/24404457958/

I was able to play, just the playfield anomalies.

Having the exact same issue. I'm sure things are being worked on and everything, SPA on iOS is almost unplayable at the moment for me. You could say these glitches are anything but fun. Please fix soon, as many paying customers are eager to enjoy your game! Don't mean to be derogatory in any way, I really appreciate the Pinball Arcade games but as a customer I feel like quality control should be tightened some. I'm not a programmer but I have a voice in my head saying "They should aim to release fixes for these almost game breaking glitches as fast as possible". I'm not usually one who feels entitled to much of anything but I've supported these games over and over on different platforms, like a lot of people have.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.