Master List of Issues: Stern Pinball Arcade

p6800

May 17, 2013
Camera is broken only on Mustang, on a 5:4 monitor. It looks like this with 2560x2048 - https://s29.postimg.org/vk6c2bsaf/2560x2048.png

The same issue with 1280x1024. It works with a 16:9 back buffer.

Frankenstein camera works just fine with a 5:4 buffer.

This "non 16:9" camera issue on Mustang has been fixed in the latest update!!! :D

Also, should the lack of "sound menu" be an issue? One would like to adjust the sounds, like in TPA. More music and less SFX in AC/DC...

Still no sound menu. We need "more music" in AC/DC!!! :cool:

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
Mustang, android: Unable to select mode before launch as the right flipper is inactive at plunger view, so you have to start with drag race every game.

I figured out that on Android if you are really quick on the right trigger area, you can switch modes by tapping frantically before the view zooms in and the plunger view takes over the right side of the screen. Definitely not optimal.

Are there any TPA games like this (where you switch modes or do something with the right flipper only before launch)? I wonder what the resolution will be...

Last edited:

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
is it me or you cant configure controls ? I'm using my own pinball device to play and it would be great that SPA could read the settings from TPA so my device is already configured

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
Can't see this mentioned which is odd. Every time I start the Stern APP from Steam, the UI looks like its in a low resolution. If I ALT+ ENTER to go windowed and then ALT + ENTER to go back to full screen everything looks perfect. Bit annoying as same issue that was recently fixed on TPA. Just surprised it is not mentioned in this thread already.

Last edited:

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Frame rate drops on PS4 version, particularly on AC/DC, where it's frequent. Also, small complaint, but on the ST Match screen, the score that appears which is used to determine the match number is always the same score, and never what I actually got during the game.

neglectoid

Sep 27, 2012
Frame rate drops on PS4 version, particularly on AC/DC, where it's frequent. Also, small complaint, but on the ST Match screen, the score that appears which is used to determine the match number is always the same score, and never what I actually got during the game.
doesn't that match number seem oddly familiar, sorta like the pop bumper glitch?

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
doesn't that match number seem oddly familiar, sorta like the pop bumper glitch?

I can confirm that the match number is JUST a display bug.

On Star Trek, I got a score ending in 10, got that long bugged number, and heard the CLACK of a free game, complete with blinking match number.
Nowhere in the buggy number did a one followed by a zero appear.

Ecktown

Jul 15, 2016
Although it's not really a bug, I will post it here so it might get the attention of the devs. I am quite suprised to say this after seeing the first pictures from the dark tables on the PS4 but please make the ambiance lighting darker for the PC version. It would be great if it was like in The Pinball Arcade but right now it is too bright in my opinion. Even at 0% there is too much light. It should be at least as in the Pinball Arcade. These tables would look awesome in the dark.
Yes, I know I could adjust my monitor but if the lighting of the room was like in the Pinball Arcade I would not have to ;-)

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
PC : I can't switch controller flippers from triggers to bumpers using the config menu. Anyone worked out how to do it?

Star Trek : (love this table). Is it correct that sometimes if ball enters the kick back really quickly it goes straight through and drains.

Bahnzo

Apr 18, 2012
Mustang PC: Super skill shot: Hold left flipper and full plunge sends ball around to left flipper. Except 90% of the time the ball hits the wall up top by the Ford roll over lanes and drops in there instead.

john32303

Oct 13, 2014
lots and lots of issues with this app on android. Any table that has button on the lock down bar. The button doesnt work at all. makes star trek and acdc pointless. that is a major part of the game. menus just rotate on their own when you select them. again makes it pointless. if you ever get to the instructions for the tables the font is in 2pt. so small you have to use a large magnifying glass to read it. wth.

when will the be fixed or how quickly can i get a refund.

this isnt your first rodeo. not sure why this was acceptable for someone to release.

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Steam version:
Cannot get any tables to run in portrait mode. The UI launches fine in portrait mode (full screen); but when I select a table to play -- such as Mustang -- it says "Loading" for about 10 seconds, and then returns back to the UI.

I'm on a cabinet which runs Steam TPA DX11 in portrait mode just fine.

I have tried this with Steam in on-line mode and off-line mode.
Same results.

I own the complete First Season on my iPad Pro and would sure like to have AC/DC and Star Trek running on my cab with the huge speakers and subwoofer!

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
SPA making one very annoying graphic bug AFTER i'm closing it - looks like game completely mess something with video adapter modes so after you close it you can see very strange artifact (WIN7 GeForce 1060ti 3GB last drivers): the image in the middle part of display in windows become looks little blury while on side parts (left and right) it still looks crisp - you can check it if, after closing SPA, you will open notepad window with some text and just slowly drag notepad's window from one side of display to another and will see how text changes from crisp to blury at the center part of monitor's screen and again to crisp at another side.
to fix this you need to change display frequency to something different (accept it) and after that you can return previous frequency. after that text (and any other image) in center of monitor's screen become again same as on sides of it. - this graphic artefacts appear OFTEN and ONLY after playing SPA - other games and even TPA not make such results.

Last edited:

vfpcoder

Jul 9, 2012
Steam version:
Cannot get any tables to run in portrait mode. The UI launches fine in portrait mode (full screen); but when I select a table to play -- such as Mustang -- it says "Loading" for about 10 seconds, and then returns back to the UI.

I'm on a cabinet which runs Steam TPA DX11 in portrait mode just fine.

I have tried this with Steam in on-line mode and off-line mode.
Same results.

I own the complete First Season on my iPad Pro and would sure like to have AC/DC and Star Trek running on my cab with the huge speakers and subwoofer!

The issue described here was caused by not running the SPA as an administrator (Windows 7). So after getting this to run, and finding that I could remap all the buttons on my cab, I went ahead and purchased the first season.

Now the only problem is that Star Trek keeps crashing before I can finish a game. (So far, I have not experienced a crash while running AC/DC.)

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Would people rather have a series of incremental patches fixing one or two things at a time (effectively, beta-testing each update...), or one big patch fixing a load of stuff?

Clearly FS are taking the latter approach. They are working on things behind the scenes. The Android beta is currently up to its 15th cycle, and there's still a list of at least a half-dozen or so issues that need working on. Each cycle brings one or two new fixes, and typically no new issues. Better that, than rush to get everything fixed and break a bunch of other stuff in doing so.

Getting a big patch, along with Ghostbusters, sometime in April is fine with me. Biggest thing I want fixed is the Star Trek crashing bug; that is a genuine game-breaker.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
It must be something contractural with Stern related to releases and patches. Doesn't make sense not to fix a game breaking bug which harms brand and PR and future sales. Game breaking bugs within TPA are fixed quickly (PC and Android).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.