Sacramento Coin-Op Game Room

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Spent the evening here with a couple friends and the wife. Pretty rad place. Nice selection of newer pins and old school arcade games. Good drinks and decent food.

Here's their pinball lineup:

Ghostbusters
Game of Thrones
The Walking Dead
The Simpsons Pinball Party
South Park
The Sopranos
Theatre of Magic
AC/DC
Spiderman
Whitewater
High Speed 2: The Geataway
Fish Tales

One of my buddies is a big Walking Dead and Game of Thrones fan, and he's just now getting into pinball, so he was pretty blown away by those pins.

FWL7Ha4.jpg

BRz8n5n.jpg

wf98GDe.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
The only negative thing I can say about it is that the music was really loud, so you basically have to yell at each other to communicate. This is of course true with almost any bar, but the other downside in this particular case is that you can't really hear the games, even between songs since most of the games were turned down pretty low anyway, which is a bit of a bummer, but understandable. Also, I guess I should probably warn you that the pizza was on the "meh" side and took forever to get to us. I recommend eating at one of the other nearby spots and sticking to the drinks here.

I don't want to complain much though because it is a really cool place and we had a great time. The game selection makes up for any negatives and the staff members were very friendly. One of the guys was amazed that my wheelchair could raise up and cheered me on for a bit while I play TOM.

Here's a pic of me playing Whitewater with my chair elevated:

5brFQ8m.jpg

Last edited:

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
shoulda stuck to corndogs and chicken wings what can gowrong! pretty sweet setup but i dunno about being surrounded by joystick wagglers whileieating shoulda partitioned thespace better

also you could thrown a couple of bucks at ghostbusters ya cheapo! glad you and the gang had a goodtime dude

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
I had to save some quarters for kicking their asses in Marvel vs. Capcom, Tekken, SF 2, etc.!!

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
i wish we had a viable way of playing such game types online man, not the new **** some of those classics..the lag time is just too harsh...my king beats you all and my yosimitsu and whatever that cops name is....but its tekken 3 or get the hell out!

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Really looks like a cool place to waste some money. Thanks for taking a lot of pics and sharing them!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
[MENTION=580]Heretic[/MENTION] totally man. The newer stuff just isn't as fun.
[MENTION=2707]Xanija[/MENTION] Right on, glad you enjoyed it.
[MENTION=16]Fungi[/MENTION] As John Fogerty would say: Just about a year ago...

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I'm in Chico, Jeff. Great thread. I visit Sac Coin Op about once every two months. Wish we had one in our town. Love it!

Jeff Strong

Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
A pic from my most recent visit this past weekend:

I3Oai4y.jpg

That's me all the way on the end.

They have all the pins along the very back wall now, which is much nicer since it's quieter and less crowded back there.

I've been there several times over the last couple years, but realized I haven't updated the thread.

Their lineup has changed quite a bit over time. The latest additions are Star Wars, Iron Maiden, Batman 66, and Houdini.

The previous time I was there a few months ago, they had Dialed In and Aerosmith, but those were replaced with SW and Iron Maiden.

Current lineup:

The Addams Family (Bally, 1992)
Attack From Mars (Bally, 1995)
Batman 66 (LE) (Stern, 2016)
Game of Thrones (Pro) (Stern, 2015)
Ghostbusters (LE) (Stern, 2016)
Houdini: Master of Mystery (American, 2017)
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) (Stern, 2018)
Lord of the Rings (Stern, 2003)
The Simpsons Pinball Party (Stern, 2003)
The Sopranos (Stern, 2005)
South Park (Sega, 1999)
Star Wars (LE) (Stern, 2017)
The Walking Dead (Premium) (Stern, 2015)
White Water (Williams, 1993)

I miss Theatre of Magic the most, but AFM is a good tradeoff.

My wife's favorite to play there is The Sopranos (it’s interesting to see what non-pinheads pick, heh. My brother for instance didn’t even touch AFM when he was there, which is kinda sad, but definitely illustrates the effectiveness of licenses as well as flashy LCD screens).

Last edited:

Members online

Members online