First Impressions

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
What a weird little table. I like the very Jack Kirby-like art. Apparently Scientist Lady is trying to thaw out Frozen Tube Lady; I want the story of how Frozen Tube Lady got frozen in the first place. (I'm like that. I also want to know the "story" behind the art in Xenon.)

I think this and Jacks Open are the two fastest tables I've ever gotten standard goals on. As far as I can tell the strategy is 1) don't drain (and stay out of the two right-hand lanes, they're not worth the risk) 2) get ABCD as fast as you can 3) get reliable about being able to hit the spot targets and the Special hole 4) Profit. Filled the thermometer on the second game.

I looked the table up on the Pinball Database site so I could get a good look at the backglass and it looks like the thermometer actually does fill with something LIQUID, but I couldn't find any details. Has anyone seen this table in the wild? Is it true?

I was expecting the Special to be extra balls. Credits? Good heavens. The Special light stays on the entire rest of the game if you fill the thermometer. I'm assuming this table had to have been a lot harder in the wild or people could have been playing it for days at a time.

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
Pretty great. It plays well, seems free of major bugs and looks really nice. Too early to tell if I like the rules but I like it a lot so far.

FrankenBall

Feb 20, 2015
EccentricFlower, check out the flyer for C37. Some backstory but on there but not much. These two EM's are rather good. Clean flow, damn the outlane drains, full speed ahead. These things must have been primo quarter suckers back in the day. I too like the art.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
On the theme, I think she has been cryogenicly frozen and the good doc is on the job to get her hot and bothered to bring her back to the land of the living :p

Great game! I could have come up with some tougher/ better goals I think tho. For example:
1. earn 5 specials,
2. shoot in the hole and complete 3 lit bagatelle rollovers and 1 lit inlane in a single shot,
3. reset the drops 5 times in 1 ball,
4. light the special without getting double advance,
5. score 500,000 points... boom, hire me farsight!

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
EccentricFlower, check out the flyer for C37. Some backstory but on there but not much...

"The circumstances of the specimen's discovery indicate she may have been someone of importance. She may have vital information regarding the Cryostar experiments. Do all you can to bring her back."

"Cryogenic freezing has preserved one specimen from that forgotten era, it might be possible to bring her back to 37 degrees... centigrade"

Cool, thanks for the heads up FrankenBall

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'm not surprised that I love both of these. Not as many house balls as the real thing. Not sure if that is good or bad. Less frustration, but I feel I get the special way too often. Great pins! So happy to have both of these. And how cool is the art on C37?

Jay

May 19, 2012
This has become one of my favorite tables. It's addictive and challenging. The alternating lights are mesmerizing. The rule set is pretty straightforward, but certainly not easy. I love tables where it seems like I should easily be able to get a high score, and yet I don't. I guess I'm a bit of a masochist in that way....

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
These are both great tables. Very different from one another. They also look pretty good on my iPad. FarSight always seems to do better justice to the "simpler" tables. C37 showcases Gottlieb's late 70's adoption of the asymmetrical design that's seen in many of their games of this era. Because these tables weren't very flowy, it made them shooter's games where you had aim well or you'd hit a brick wall easily.

JefferyD

May 10, 2013
Definitely one of my favorite tables. Lovely art. Haven't really sorted out the rules yet because free time is at a minimum right now and I'd rather play than stop and read. Having a terrible time on iOS finding a mark to hit the ABC lanes consistently with the plunger – can't get find a consistent way to get the ball back up there once in play, either – but that might be for the best. I don't want it to get too predictable. It's great fun! Maybe I'll just resist the rule reading for a while longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.