Request 100000 Lamp, Credit meter, knocker

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Jacks Open plays great! The following are minor points considering how well this table plays, but would extend the enjoyment...

I would like to see the 100,000 Lamp with the score reels (like on C37) that is in the Queen's crown on Jacks Open. Also, the two Jacks Open machines I have played have the knocker, which I can't hear it in game. And finally, I would love to have the credit meter (like on El Dorado) so I can see how many specials I have achieved.

All in all, I love this table.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
+1!

I would like to add, it would be nice to have a display when the game is paused, similar to the one that shows the challenge points progress in challenge mode, to see the actual score of games it's easy to max out or roll over the score reels. Make it happen please farsight bros

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
EM's don't have knockers, in my experience. they just have the thwack of the credit wheel turning when you get the replay. same sound as when you put in a coin.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
EM's don't have knockers, in my experience. they just have the thwack of the credit wheel turning when you get the replay. same sound as when you put in a coin.

My good ol' Jungle Queen most defiantly has a knocker it is convertible via built in jumper to add a ball though

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015

Some EMs do. I wish IPDB were more thorough about noting which ones do (their entries seem to vary widely in completeness). But they note both Cross Town and Pop-a-Card specifically as having knockers ... and Cross Town is from 1966!

(No, I don't have IPDB memorized. I happened to be looking through the list of their "Top 10 Player Rated EMs" just the other day and noticed that in those entries. Side conversation for a different thread sometime: Why only one of those ten EMs has ever made it into TPA ...)

BStarfire

Jan 9, 2013
Looks like an update added the 100000 lamp below the score which is great.

Would still like to see a box for specials earned like El Dorado.

As far as the knocker goes, I thought JO had one, but not 100% sure. Despite what was said in another post, I think more EM's had knockers than didn't, but it doesn't seem like farsight would miss this detail, so maybe it doesn't. I know some of the 70's wedgeheads didn't (like El Dorado) but Canada Dry, Jumping Jack do. Couldn't be a multi-player thing cause Buccaneer has one but don't remember about Atlantis.

Jay

May 19, 2012
I think more EM's had knockers than didn't

I've had three old EMs and all of them had knockers, located below the plunger inside the cabinet. They were all Bally machines, though, so maybe it varied based on the manufacturer.

Last edited:

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I've had three old EMs and all of them had knockers, located below the plunger inside the cabinet. They were all Bally machines, though, so maybe it varied based on the manufacturer.

In the same location on my Jungle Queen and also on my new project Volley both 70s Gottliebs

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.