Microsoft Wireless Steering Wheel & TPA

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
I better add first and foremost that the wireless wheel may only work with about 10 tables, and only those with a START / LAUNCH BALL button instead of a plunger! If you own one and have never tried then it might be of interest...

The wheel lacks the left thumb stick which is used on most tables for the plunger.
The wheel also lacks left and right bumper buttons so the flippers will have to be on the triggers, (and so you can enter your name if you get a highscore).

For the first time in an age I had the wheel out last night, (playing some Daytona USA) and thought I'd give TPA a quick go.
I played some Star Trek TNG any way and was pleasantly surprised how comfortable it was to use. Moving the wheel left and right works as Nudge/Tilt adding a scene that your actually trying to move something in the physical world, the D-pad also works for this if moving the wheel is not for you.

EDIT...

Here is a list of the tables I tested last night that work fine with the wireless wheel:

Star Trek TNG
Dracula
Terminator 2
Harley Davidson
Monster Bash
Medieval Madness
Mars Attacks
Goin' Nuts
The Champion Pub
Fish Tales

PS. As can already be done with a control pad with these tables, press button "A" to launch the ball when using the wheel.

speed-wheel4.jpg

Last edited:

ZRXMike

Jul 16, 2016
Interesting. Sort of an alien idea, using a wheel to play TPA, but interesting. Thanks for sharing the info MIK. :)

MIK

Oct 17, 2016
Have fun! :)

One more table to add to the list that works with the wireless wheel:

Goin' Nuts

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.