Stern Pinball Arcade Live For Xbox One.(US)

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
It's out now, it showed up in my Ready to install on Xbox One due previously owning the American trial.

francis247uk

Jul 7, 2012
Thanks for the heads up BBIAJ, just downloaded and bought table pack 1 and 2 and the limited edition extras, many thanks.

When you finally get into a game it plays great, however a couple of initial annoyances:

Excessive load times:

From the main splash screen (Stern Pinball Arcade, Press A to start) it takes 27 seconds to bring up the virtual arcade and menu screen (Select table, Challenges etc)
It then takes a further 21 seconds to load a table, and it takes 27 seconds to come back out of a table when you've played a game to select a different table.

When you press the yellow "START" button to go into a table, it takes a few seconds before the camera zooms in to play, and when it does, the frame rate drops considerably and it does not zoom in smoothly.

When you pause a table, the camera scrolls out to display the various options on the pinball table, however the frame rate drops considerably when it pans out so it looks very clunky - this also happens when you un-pause the game in reverse, when the camera scrolls back in the frame rate drops and it looks very clunky again.

With high scores, when the camera pans up to the show the backglass and DMD, the camera is too far back so it's a little hard to see what you're entering - it just needs to be zoomed in a bit closer

Last edited:

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'd read on Facebook that they were looking to do Crossbuy with TPA to allow those that already have them to unlock them for free, but given Farsight's excruciatingly slow track record for getting anything done, I just bought them all at 33% off.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
i was watching Aust vs UAE World Cup qualifier and I checked my PC yep TPA on XBOX 1 bought the 2 packs I switched watching cup game on PC and playing SPA on XBOX 1,FEELS GREAT . I KNOW I MOANED AND GROANED ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE, THANK YOU FARSIGHT ,GREAT NIGHT SPA AND WE ARE LEADING 1-0 JUST BEFORE HALFTIME !!!!:cool:

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I have SPA on PC and XBOX 1 , in my eyes all my pinball tables play better on XBOX 1 . that`s the same for TPA on PS3 ,PS4 and PC . :cool:

Kratos3

Sep 22, 2013
Got the limited edition pack and glad I did! I have the other tables on TPA so no need to double dip. This isn't a Star Wars box set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBIAJ

Jul 31, 2012
I'm able to play the Premium version of the table, the limited edition version is unavailable for me, I'm guessing it was included in some sort of season pass that I bought at launch or something?

EDIT: This is for the UK version.

EDIT 2: The Limited Edition Pack 2 is now available, it includes the Mustang™ Limited Edition "50 Years" table, and the Ghostbusters™ Limited Edition table.

Last edited:

timxtr

Jan 28, 2015
Leave it to TPA to make a simple release bittersweet. GB is ok (reminds me of Last Action Hero).
And why can't I play my other Stern tables in the SPA for god sake?!

But, you cant try it first. This 1 table is $10.
And if you want the upgrade table GB you have to buy Mustang Premium too.
Looks like if you buy just GB, then you have to buy the pack then another $ for the upgrade table.

I just don't remember any such bs with the FX operations. Ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.