Arcooda Pinball Arcade

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
If you haven't watched the video for this, you should. Some interesting design choices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDv3Etzv7Ak

Can't say I'm a fan of the honking big black panel in the front, or the optional arcade controls you can put there.. just seems weird in a pinball machine.

Some questions that come to mind:

- I guess classic vertical orientation arcade games (from Ikaruga to Pac Man, etc) could be a match to the vertical pinball display but zero modern games are built for that display format. And that giant ugly black panel at the front, ugh.

- touchscreen main panel certainly solves the UI problem but... seems like overkill to me? And adds expense?

- lighting matrix / coil matrix / shaker motor support: tied to the pinball table, somehow? If so... how?

- is there audio output for the table sounds specifically so those can come from table speakers vs backglass speakers?

- obviously there is proper dedicated DMD screen and backglass screen output support here, which I'd freaking *kill* to have in TPA.

Last edited:

codinghorror

Aug 13, 2013
Also, shipping this from Australia would be _brutal_ in cost. It's incredibly expensive to ship a small regular package to Aus, much less a pallet containing a full-sized pinball table at 200+ lbs or so..

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.