Dr. Who: Master Of Time Is Now Available!

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Pleasantly suprised to see the Gladiators Pack and the Dr. Who MoT pack in today's update!

(Btw, TPA's FB page said Gladiators was going to be delayed on TPA's 99 cent app. Guess not, Merry Christmas!)

A quick run through the trial has me suitably impressed! This is a far better and more professional effort than what we saw with Ghostbusters. The playfield art is especially nice, as good as anything Zen has put out. Better than a lot of their tables, actually.

Time will tell if the game is actually good, but it seems fun so far. Some interesting changes, especially the Tardus ball lock. I feel like it's a little easier so far but I've only played the Trial version because...

I think there is a pricing error? At least there seems to be one on iOS, where I play.

Description says you can buy the standard version for $9.99 or the Pro version and Standard version for... $9.99 (which it says is a 20% saving). There's also only a button to buy the Pro version, no button for standard.

Once we get a response on that I will probably jump in.

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I also thought Zen at first look. I like the way it plays. Enough changes from the original to make it fun. I am not a Dr Who fan, so I will be interested to see what the hardcore Dr Who fans think of it.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
certified whovian here, but experiencing random stutters on steam version, other tables are fine, so far it seems funlovin g the call outs

Nov 18, 2016
I am not a Dr Who fan, so I will be interested to see what the hardcore Dr Who fans think of it.

As soon as it is available at Google Play, I'll let you all know. So far, from looking at FS' YouTube video, I like the uncluttered gameplay... but am not so crazy about the dark, serious music. I like bobbing my head to funky riffs on the Doctor Who theme like with the 90s game.

By the way, Kolchak, did you ever submit your report to the head office about the pinball episode of your TV show? And if not, what kind of reporter are you? ;)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
As soon as it is available at Google Play, I'll let you all know. So far, from looking at FS' YouTube video, I like the uncluttered gameplay... but am not so crazy about the dark, serious music. I like bobbing my head to funky riffs on the Doctor Who theme like with the 90s game.

By the way, Kolchak, did you ever submit your report to the head office about the pinball episode of your TV show? And if not, what kind of reporter are you? ;)

I'm a bad reporter. Just cruise around in my yellow mustang convertible listening to Cubs games. Trouble just finds me, and the authorities keep breaking my cameras and tape recorders. ;)

By the way Kolchak The Nightstalker will be on METV Sunday night after Columbo, starting January 8th.

Last edited:

Rich Lehmann

Aug 26, 2014
I'm a bad reporter. Just cruise around in my yellow mustang convertible listening to Cubs games. Trouble just finds me, and the authorities keep breaking my cameras and tape recorders. ;)

By the way Kolchak The Nightstalker will be on METV Sunday night after Columbo, starting January 8th.

Kolchak is also on Netflix streaming.

sixgill

Dec 13, 2016
I find it a decent, open table but feel like it's heading more toward a Zen table. I understand it's not based on a real table, but personally I prefer 'authentic' tables.

Sounds are very busy/constant.

It's fun though.

Crazy Newt

Dec 2, 2012
Captured the Dr. Who franchise perfectly. For me, that means it is boring. I'm decidedly in that camp that just doesn't get it. As others have stated, the table only needs a few animated dolls fighting on the sides of the tables and you'd think you were playing a Zen game. Well, that and you'd need ludicrously aggravating physics. The game is just too sterile for my tastes. Flow is good, but there is not a lot going on and the targets are a bit bland. The music seems detached from the game, which is typical of the earlier Zen games, too. Not that it is terrible overall, but just like with the TV if Dr. Who is on, there are dozens of other things I'd rather be watching. I most likely won't be playing this table very much either, considering how many outstanding tables are available.

Nov 18, 2016
All the little Androids cried themselves to sleep on Christmas Eve because Santa hates them.
They couldn't even dream of electric sheep. Santa didn't bring any of those either.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
I am pleasantly surprised with this one. Nice job farsight guys get ya boys at Stern to turn this into a real machine!

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
9,99 for this table seems a lot to me. Based on the trial I can only say the playfield is very empty...

Sanguenolento

Nov 7, 2015
I only played the trial version.
The table is beautiful, although the playfield is very empty.
I tested DX9 and DX11 - the game keeps catching (freezing), same lag.
This is the only table that happens this. All others work fluidly.
my computer: i7 4770 - 16gb - hd7850
Has anyone else had this problem?

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I played a few games last night and I had no performance issues at all. It looks great, but the callouts are too repetitive and just don't seem to fit in. The DMD also lags behind somewhat, though the animations that have been done are all excellent. I agree the score display could do with some commas, and some indication of the ball in play somewhere would be useful.

My rig is an i7-2600, Win 10 64-bit, 8Gb, GTX1060 (4Gb).

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
I only played the trial version.
The table is beautiful, although the playfield is very empty.
I tested DX9 and DX11 - the game keeps catching (freezing), same lag.
This is the only table that happens this. All others work fluidly.
my computer: i7 4770 - 16gb - hd7850
Has anyone else had this problem?

There is a known issue with AMD GPUs causing stuttering when a new DMD starts to play. We have a fix for this and it will be in the next update.

Members online

Members online