Voices

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
Seems clear that they got a lot of likeness rights but couldn't afford to get some of the real actors in for the voice work. My spouse the lifelong, die-hard Doctor Who fan listened to a few rounds and is sad they apparently didn't actually get Michelle Gomez (Missy) ... but believes that is actually Peter Capaldi (Doctor #12) and Alex Kingston (River), so there's that. There's a credits crawl that appears on the DMD in attract mode but it goes far too fast for me.

Palmer Eldritch

Dec 17, 2012
all the voices sound like they are mostly lifted straight from the show, so I have no reason to believe it's not Michelle Gomez.. I only played it once but I also heard Matt Smith say a line and even Christopher Eccleston, whom I can guarantee did not come in to a studio to record new ones. There are times where it doesn't sound like her, and she is putting on an accent, but she does that on the show and those are also from last season iirc.

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
If it's all just sound clips - which I agree would make sense given the $$$ involved, or rather the lack of it - then I guess it would have to be her, but I'm not going to win this discussion here at the house. (Spouse: "It sounds like someone is trying to fake her and doing a bad job of it.") It's especially telling since you hear more Missy than anyone else because of all the drain messages.

Incidentally, that drain animation is a sheer waste of time and gets old fast. Yes, DMD, I *know* the ball drained. I was there.

Strikezilla01

FarSight Employee
Dec 23, 2015
I will confirm that it is actually Michelle Gomez and Peter Capaldi doing unique VO. Miss Gomez recorded with the BBC listening in on the process, so how she channeled the character was to their approval. Although she sounds a bit quirky, Missy is a unique character in that way. Rewatch a few of her episodes and listen intently to her change in voice levels, accents, and tone between words.

The other Doctors and River Song were pulls from episodes. We were not able to get them for direct voice overs. Otherwise, all actors/actresses are accounted for.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
in other words she phoned in a few of her lines....hey not everyone makes for a good voice actor, shoulda just skipped her and put in morgan freeman as the "man with soul eathing thiings"

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.