Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AC/DC Strategy, Tips, and Tricks

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the dmd, it might say, 6 more for jam multiball, but those ramps are designed to be one after the other. Don't let the pressure get to you

My Devices
    iPhone4,iPad mini
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extork View Post
    Only about 4 months later... I finally had that game where the thumbs where doing something right. Just out of curiosity, how many of you all have made it to encore? That seems to be where a LOT of my score came from. My new strategy has been to use higher scoring songs first. Before it was to use 'you shook me all night long' and Rosie in between those. But go ahead and use up those hell's bells, war machines first. @Crooker, I'm calling you out. Only because we had some fun back n forth before. It's not in my nature to talk trash, but it felt right to mention you because no one in real life cares when I tell them I am #1 on a digital pinball app. Where's Tarek on this table? Either way, I'm enjoying this small moment, for the time being.
    Nice score man. Have never even come close to the encore yet. Think I was 3 songs away on my best game.
    I let this this table go for a while. Was playing Star Trek. But game on man. Now I'm coming for you. Lol.

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blimey this is a hard table. Just started this in tpa and can't get very far at all. Managed about 4 songs in one game on android and just 1 on pc so far. Every shot seems to goto the outlanes. Are any nudges effective in saving stuff heading that way?

Also the right loop is such a tight shot which is crazy given how important it is!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    PC+Mobile - PHOF Score - 34615: Missing wizard goals seasons 1-4 = 3

My Devices
    360, XB1, PSVita
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod View Post
    Blimey this is a hard table. Just started this in tpa and can't get very far at all. Managed about 4 songs in one game on android and just 1 on pc so far. Every shot seems to goto the outlanes. Are any nudges effective in saving stuff heading that way?

Also the right loop is such a tight shot which is crazy given how important it is!
    Agreed, hard table.

My Devices
    PC (Steam) Samsung s9 (android) PS3
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod View Post

Nudges are very effective indeed!! Also identify what missed shots and returns send the ball to outlanes and nudge pre-emptively. Like when the ball dribbles down from the pops/bell shot sometimes or an early shot to the right ramp, you need to act early and nudge the ball to a different path.
    Most Wanted: 1. Spider-Man 2. LOTR 3. Shadow
    Twitch digital pin: www.twitch.tv/switch3TV
    Twitch real pin: www.twitch.tv/umepinball

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by switch3flip View Post
    Nudges are very effective indeed!! Also identify what missed shots and returns send the ball to outlanes and nudge pre-emptively. Like when the ball dribbles down from the pops/bell shot sometimes or an early shot to the right ramp, you need to act early and nudge the ball to a different path.
    Definitely agree. Pretty much constant nudging is the only way to get long ball times in this game (as well as Mustang). I really like that, it's more like the way tournament players play, with constant slaps to the side of the machine to keep the ball out of the slings.

That said, even with this, I still have rarely completed more than 4 songs.

This and Mustang are two of my favorite TPA tables, they really did a nice job.

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgias32 View Post
    Definitely agree. Pretty much constant nudging is the only way to get long ball times in this game (as well as Mustang). I really like that, it's more like the way tournament players play, with constant slaps to the side of the machine to keep the ball out of the slings.

That said, even with this, I still have rarely completed more than 4 songs.

This and Mustang are two of my favorite TPA tables, they really did a nice job.
    OK. I'm doing a bit better now. Had a good game last night on android where I finished 8 songs and got both eb's.
    My strat is to just do nothing but loop the ramps until MB starts or the jukebox is lit. Works very well.
    I've also now done 2 wizard goals (triple jackpot and 3x scoring).
    Does anyone have a good strat for the 75m song jackpot? Is it awarded if you get the jackpot to 25m and collect it while triple scoring is active? What's the easiest way to build it quickly?

My Devices
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thunderstruck is a pretty good mode to stack with song multiball. Hells bells isn't too bad either if you like to shoot the bell a lot during multiball. Yes 3x scoring applies. Be careful not to collect song jackpot too early as it resets the jackpot value (unless you collect it by collecting the regular tour or album jackpot that corresponds to the current song). If that makes sense
    Last edited by switch3flip; 12-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.

My Devices
    iphone
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by switch3flip View Post
    Thunderstruck is a pretty good mode to stack with song multiball. Hells bells isn't too bad either if you like to shoot the bell a lot during multiball. Yes 3x scoring applies. Be careful not to collect song jackpot too early as it resets the jackpot value (unless you collect it by collecting the regular tour or album jackpot that corresponds to the current song). If that makes sense
    Wow yeah. That's fantastic. Got it to 68M on my first try but lost it before I could load the Cannon. I tried to enable double scoring at 40 ish but 3 hits didn't do anything, maybe it was already enabled? I need to read the rules again to see if there's a playfield indicator. Wouldn't have mattered I started the next multiball after that which lead to the 68m so never got it into the Cannon anyway

My Devices
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good job, you almostt had it.
    Yes 3 hits to start 2x, 3 more för 3x scoring. There's a 2X insert by the left slingshot and a 3X by the right slingshot.

Also here's an in depth rules and strategies by maybe thr greatest pinball player ever, Bowen Kerins.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...5w/mobilebasic

To me page 15 and 17 are most important and are good to keep by your side when you play!
    Last edited by switch3flip; 12-07-2018 at 02:34 AM.

My Devices
    iPhone, ps3
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another video that helped me was Keith Elwin's pinball with the pros. The dude he was teaching wasn't doing too bad, but you can see Keith face palming while watching him miss a shot or something. My main take-away from that video was knowing exactly which song to choose next. But I gotta tell ya, it's been a while since I've gotten a good score on this table. Maybe I should try harder. Sup Switch?

My Devices
    PC, Android, WiiU
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found Bowen's AC/DC video helpful, especially if you're going for the Songs. Multiball is the key there. This is one of those tables where you want to be in multiball as much as possible.
    "You've got an arm like a wet rag!" - The Dummy, Hurricane (Williams, 1991)
    "Ace of Clubs?!" - Bride of Pin*Bot, Jack*Bot (Williams, 1995)
    "You have been terminated. Have a nice day!" - Candy 2000, Safe Cracker (Williams, 1996)

Wizard Goals remaining: Safe Cracker 26 [Unique] Tokens (19/26 collected); F-14 250K Launch Bonus; Frankie 150M Creature Jackpot, Complete CREATURE

My Devices
    iOS, Android
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Pinball with the Pros - that was a great series while it lasted. He only did a few tables, but three of them happen to be ones that are in SPA (AC/DC, Mustang and Star Trek). The level of strategy you get in these videos is above anything else. I didn't really understand the way the Captain's Chair and Level 1-3 worked on the Star Trek modes pyramid until after watching this.

Hopefully Coast to Coast Pinball will resurrect this series in the future, it would be super cool to see more episodes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12