Star Trek Leaderboard Reset

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I am pretty sure the star trek leaderboards need to be reset. One of my first games I played after SPA was first launched got logged at 8 billon and change. That is a pretty insane score for star trek (i think half a billion on a real table would draw a crowd).

Thing is I am not sitting pretty on the leaderboards (8 billion gets you the #192 spot) - and I think the rest (most?) of the scores may be glitched too.

For example Tarek, vikings, dizzier etc. have 900+ TRILLION on my iOS leaderboard for star trek - the score is actually cut off because it doesn't fit the score screen.

Also not sure why i am seeing pc and psn players on a mobile leader board - don't want to compete against you analog micro-nudgers.

mobile = nudge nudge tilt (we are hardcore) :)

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
I haven't even bought SPA, so I have no idea what my name would be doing on an iOS leaderboard for it. Someone's messing around.

I am, however, not a filthy analog micro-nudger. Keyboard master race.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I haven't even bought SPA, so I have no idea what my name would be doing on an iOS leaderboard for it. Someone's messing around.

I am, however, not a filthy analog micro-nudger. Keyboard master race.

Nobody's messing around, it's just the same cross-leaderboard posting bugs we've been seeing lately.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Nobody's messing around, it's just the same cross-leaderboard posting bugs we've been seeing lately.

Thanks didn't know that -database bug?. Has this been happening in TPA and has farsight ever addressed/fixed it?

Mustang is affected too. ACDc is OK.
POtO -I have a score of 288 million and in 4,655 place
That score is def coming from somewhere else.

Don't usually score chase TPA - but wanted to give it a go for SPA. Hope they fix!

My pinball priorities.
1. Have fun and get better
2. Compete in tournaments and hang with pinball peeps
3. Get your initials on the machine (atta-boy)

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Inputting initials is all fine, but in the mean time, my Star Trek scores are not going up on the correct leaderboard. I got stuck on a 33M score that somehow did stick, but my 270M is wasted or posted incorrectly elsewhere...iPad Air 2.

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
We're aware of the leaderboard issues and are trying to get them sorted out ASAP. I believe this should be fixed by the next patch for both SPA and TPA, but I have no concrete information on when we're releasing those patches at this time.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
We're aware of the leaderboard issues and are trying to get them sorted out ASAP. I believe this should be fixed by the next patch for both SPA and TPA, but I have no concrete information on when we're releasing those patches at this time.

Thanks Brandon - good to hear

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
why not do away with the leaderboards completely and just have the local highscores? The Leaderboards have always been as trustworthy as a snake in a hamster cage.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Yesterday my score on Star Trek did not register at the online leaderboard.

This is just my observation. Star Trek and Mustang leaderboards have somehow merged with another leaderboard in TPA. I say this because players such as Tarek and Toolinit who have scores on these tables leaderboards say they have not played these tables but have scores on the leaderboard. The first score you put on these tables are posted and then any other higher scores do not get posted. AC/DC it seems has been spared from this merging of leaderboards. Every time I get a higher score on AC/DC it will post to the leaderboard but not for a new high score on Star Trek or Mustang. Not sure if this makes any sense or not. I hope it does. Haha.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Yeah AC/DC is posting (just got the 4th spot) - there is a short 'please wait" dialog box after the end of the match sequence where it uploads to the FS leaderboards. Star Trek doesn't show do that at the end.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Sorry, bumped you to 5th with my 3rd place ;) This is a much deeper table strategy-wise than I thought, I'm having more fun with it than expected. Played the real table a couple of times and didn't really get it then. SPA version does feel very similar to the real table, including drain risk with an incomplete bell shot. Nice job Farsight!

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
Sorry, bumped you to 5th with my 3rd place ;) This is a much deeper table strategy-wise than I thought, I'm having more fun with it than expected. Played the real table a couple of times and didn't really get it then. SPA version does feel very similar to the real table, including drain risk with an incomplete bell shot. Nice job Farsight!

Uh oh. I hear footsteps. Won't be long with Slam in the hunt.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
:) did you see that we are no 1 and 2 on Gamecenter HOF leaderboard? Guess Toolinit is not using that anymore.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Am I on there? When I click on leaderboards and it gives me the dialog box to choose farsight or Game Center leaderboards and I click on Game Center it says stern PBA but is blank with a no data available message

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
:) did you see that we are no 1 and 2 on Gamecenter HOF leaderboard? Guess Toolinit is not using that anymore.

I noticed with my last software update. iOS 10. Game Center is gone. Apparently Apple didn't include it in the last update from what I've read. Can anyone else confirm this? The app icon is no longer my iPad mini or iPhone 6. Can't find a way to get it back either.

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
True, my iPhone 4s which can only handle iOS 9 still has it, but my iPad on iOS 10 does not. When I do a search I get a message that Gamecenter functionality still exists but that Apple removed the app. I can still reach the list from within TPA though. It's also accessible via Settings, just above the social media apps. A lot of functions seem to be stripped from it and it's probably up to game apps that still support it to give you more options like adding friends.

Crooker

Apr 24, 2013
True, my iPhone 4s which can only handle iOS 9 still has it, but my iPad on iOS 10 does not. When I do a search I get a message that Gamecenter functionality still exists but that Apple removed the app. I can still reach the list from within TPA though. It's also accessible via Settings, just above the social media apps. A lot of functions seem to be stripped from it and it's probably up to game apps that still support it to give you more options like adding friends.

Ok figured out how to see the list. Wow. You're crushing me. Lol

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Am I on there? When I click on leaderboards and it gives me the dialog box to choose farsight or Game Center leaderboards and I click on Game Center it says stern PBA but is blank with a no data available message

Haven't checked that out, but I think it's all still very barebone with SPA. There is no data management (backup/restore), and probably not a functioning Game Center integration.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.