Table pack 57 & 58

Robobi

Jan 31, 2015
They were released over 2 weeks ago for Steam but they are still not on Steam for Mac...why the delay?

Last edited:

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
They were released over 2 weeks ago for Steam but they are still not on Steam for Mac...why the delay?

Were still working on the tech for the custom DMD's. Once it is working, we'll submit a build for review and release as soon as it is approved. Sorry for the wait!

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
and now it's been over a month - any new word on the delay?

We've made some progress with the Tech for the DMD's but there are a few issues we are addressing. We are hoping to have it released on Friday with the upcoming table release. Sorry for the delay!

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Hmmmm...
Last 3 OSX tables have gone unreleased
No Stern Pinball for OSX

Wild guess ~ Farsight Position Opening: OSX Programmer

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
welll, mac tpa's got some ish's!

both al's and "dr. who-masters" have bunked-up sound packs; sounds waaaaayyy sssslllllooooowwed dooowwnn! (sample rates aren't matched up correctly in both of those, i'm guessing?)

al's: cam doesn't correctly go down to ball-launch view when necessary... ball -does- launch automatically after five+ seconds.

actual play on both is correct speed and feels fine.

bonebusters: can't get it to dl properly, it seems! thought i had it already dl'd, but wants to maybe force an update... first time around, dl didn't seem to complete, then on relaunch/retry, can't even seem to get to the "download this table?" menu; app hangs up or/and crashes. submitted some "crash reporter" to apple; hopefully you guys'll get that... hope it's helpful!

p.s. i should also note, the opening menus ("welcome to pb arc", "what's new"), "buy now or play free", and then each table's title menu, and their submenus (game setup, table menu, leaderboards) are all just a bit left-of-center, perhaps just by a tenth of the screen's width - still all appear to function just fine and nothing seems blocked so far! but it's definitely one of those "something looks off/wrong" to me, and probably most folks...

Last edited:

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
I can confirm the sound issues in Al's and Masters of Time... (I've not had adequate time to look into the other reported problems). Also, it appears that upon exiting any table, the 'Back' button (to return you to the table select menu) does not appear to function, and their appears to be a slight glitch in the DMD display in Masters of Time during the 'Match' sequence.

I'm hoping that these are relatively easy fixes, and that we see an update soon...

In the meantime, even with the aforementioned problems, I'm glad to see these tables released for the Mac...:)

bog

Oct 21, 2014
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing will all three tables released today. The audio sounds like it's running at 1/2 speed on all three.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Were working on addressing the issue. It should be resolved today, if you delete Gladiators from your manage tables and redownload it, it should be resolved.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We just updated the table files on our server for Dr Who Masters of Time, Al's Garage Band goes on Wolrd Tour, and Gladiators. If you delete and redownload the tables from your manage tables, you should have a sound fix in.

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
hey flippy, that's freakin' awesome!! :) i'll try them out... (i didn't seem to have any ish's with gladiators myself, but kewl if you addressed something i missed... i moved too far away to visit the laundry where they had a real one installed... kinda miss it now!)

hey just a post-note as i was trying out different osX tables earlier today, i noticed on circus vol - the on-table display seems just a bit off-horizontal, up a tad too much - cuts of the top bit of the display... maybe add that to the list for a lil' fix!

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
"bonebusters" finally dl'd ok for me - but maybe only because i went into "manage tables" and deleted it; it reported a present file, but only at 0.0 meg/k or something... so my local of it got hung up probably somehow. yahoo!

---------------------------
btw, something i forgot to mention, noticed earlier today and maybe is what messed up my "bonebusters" dl this morn - does the app/appdelegate pause/cancel a table download if the app goes background? when i was initially trying to dl some of the tables this morn, while waiting, i'd flip to firefox to try to read the forums, then flip back, and find the dl stalled and try to start over afresh... just as the tpa music would pause when the app went background. i think on osx, via appdelegate, you can try to separate the two - personally, i wouldn't pause the music, unless the app got hidden, but that may not be easily detected. anyhow, any table dl's on the desktop version shouldn't be paused/cancelled; they shouldn't need to be paused, i would think.

maybe it's set up to pause/cancel table dls on the ios version as a dataplan-saver; that would make some sense... although myself, i'd try to make that an optional setting, to pause/cancel dls if the ios app is backgrounded. if not selected - "don't pause dls in bg" - continue the dl in bg, and use a sys-notify option to alert the user when the dl is complete... so, if the desktop version has that as a holdover from the ios build, maybe try to #if TARGET_OS_IPHONE it all out... i've only learned that much so far "to be dangerous" with ios myself, heh!

well, point being - you guys should test if the osx tpa is pause/cancelling dls of tables, if, while doing so, one puts tpa into the background - goes to finder, firefox, anything else. personally, i don't think it should! (i may test this again myself on some other tabs soon... just not tonight.)

yes, yay al's sound is FIXED!

-however,- the cam-down for ball-launch is not... table still sticks at default table-play cam for play - which is just fine, after waiting five+ secs for the ball to auto-launch. (unless i'm missing something, does this table have a radically different idea for ball-launching? i see the display rotating the 'try to hit this feature/prize' as it's waiting...) unless there's some radically weird, "no normal launcher" thing with this table...

ah - you're right, and i guess i missed it earlier - gladiators -did- have slowed-down sound pitch too! so, gonna try to delete/re-dl it now... sound is FIXED! :) yep, sounds much better!

dr. who master - sound is FIXED!

so, look at al's ball-launch cam...

check out the menu left-right displacement... try to re-center them.

maybe check into the overall appdelegate's handling of going background; if it's cancelling table dls when going background, i'd nix that...

and, like i noted a bit ago, circus vol's on-table display needs to be notched down a bit; top of it is cutting off.

like the b-boys said - that's the update!

p.s. - just now tried to background tpa while dling another table... it seemed to continue ok! so scratch off my ramblings about checking the appdel; it must've been something else going buggy/interrupting the dl earlier in the day...

Last edited:

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Much, MUCH better! :)
Although I'm still experiencing problems with the 'Back' button(s) when exiting a table, or attempting to exit 'Explore Table' mode (not table specific issues, I know, but worth mentioning, nonetheless...)

Dan Soderholm

Nov 5, 2016
Dr Who Master of time: Some of the sound is still slow during multiball, Dr's voices??? The game runs slow, need to exit and relounge agian to correct speed. (have had the opposite problem with the original Dr Who since it was released, it speed up instead). DMD is not correct sometimes.

I roll back before season six, then i can play the old table with less bugs. The only table ill be missing is Dr Who

WhiteChocolate

Apr 15, 2014
Much, MUCH better! :)
Although I'm still experiencing problems with the 'Back' button(s) when exiting a table, or attempting to exit 'Explore Table' mode (not table specific issues, I know, but worth mentioning, nonetheless...)

yeah mamebase - thanks for reminding me of that one; i did have that happen to me too, using the back button made the rest of the screen view blank out, but left the back button visible... app was hung up then, so i quit, and think it slipped by "crash reporter" (cr didn't notice it as a crash, so no report was asked to be sent). i did send two or three of those yesterday - don't know how quickly apple forwards those on to the devs. hopefully they'll find the underlying ish!

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.