[Star Trek] Tips and Strategies

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Is this the only known reason that SPA crashes? It's happened to me about half a dozen times now and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't in Prime Directive II every time. It usually happens once I'm pretty far into the game but, like I said, I doubt that PDII is the cause. I just started playing Star Trek about 3 days ago and needless to say, this is seriously a problem.

Actually I just tried it out on other missions (Space Jump II and Klingon III) that are able to time out. Same result.

In that case, NEVER time out if you want to preserve your game. I'd just hold off for now.

Apr 8, 2012
Actually I just tried it out on other missions (Space Jump II and Klingon III) that are able to time out. Same result.

In that case, NEVER time out if you want to preserve your game. I'd just hold off for now.

Yep, definitely not restricted to timing out PDII. I just had it crash on me after pressing "play" in Steam before the program even completely loaded (before I have to hit alt-enter multiple times to get it full screen). When it crashes, I get a black screen with a dialog saying Stern Pinball Arcade has stopped working. Is that the same crash everyone else is getting?

Phil_194

Jul 9, 2017
I’ve been practicing a lot at this table since they removed the joystick overlay on iPad but am finding it extremely challenging. Some shots it seems are there to screw up your ball, like the ‘Rescue’ shields kickback which is too hard/risky to secure intentionally, at least in my case. Also, securing an extra ball by making it to 7th warp just isn’t happening for me, it’s risky and I can’t develop any consistency here. I guess those methods are for only the most skilled players.. but this makes the table a bit linear for me. I’m only slightly above average (probably). I guess I’ll try out that ‘Vengeance Scoring’ tip. Thanks.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I’ve been practicing a lot at this table since they removed the joystick overlay on iPad but am finding it extremely challenging. Some shots it seems are there to screw up your ball, like the ‘Rescue’ shields kickback which is too hard/risky to secure intentionally, at least in my case. Also, securing an extra ball by making it to 7th warp just isn’t happening for me, it’s risky and I can’t develop any consistency here. I guess those methods are for only the most skilled players.. but this makes the table a bit linear for me. I’m only slightly above average (probably). I guess I’ll try out that ‘Vengeance Scoring’ tip. Thanks.

I never intentionally shoot for the rescue shield targets. Just let them happen by lucky bounces or multiball.
On real tables the default for extra ball on the warp ramp is 4, farsight made it harder by making it 7. I trap the ball on the left flipper and back hand up the left orbit and take the shot and try to loop it around the warp ramp as many times as possible, if not trap and try again.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.