Star Wars Rogue One table

In Star Wars Pinball: Rogue One, players are tasked with a special mission of the utmost importance. The Empire has begun testing a major weapon, and the Rebel Alliance needs to find out how to destroy it.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
Cool, I totally forgot today is release day. Just bought it, first game looks promising.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
What's the verdict? Any good?

Prices have shot up for mobile. Not huge relatively but it's doubled at £3 in the UK

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
I like it. Very loopy like the Champions table. Good flow and the different scene modes are varied. Easy catches. It does get a little repetitive between modes as the only things worth shooting is the bumpers to start the next mode or maybe try and start multiball. Magna save is almost too strong - it can save a ball after it's drained down the middle if you time it right - and can be stacked, so expect long games. The dogfight video mode is bizarrely terrible.

karl

May 10, 2012
I am not the biggest fan of Zen so this might not come as a big surprise, but I found this one extremely boring

I do like some of their tables, though (I like Family guy, the western one and a few others)

Many others are ok, at least, but this one was not my cup of tea. Maybe I need to play it more before a final judgement, but most of the shots feels really awkward to me. The main 2 ramps are ok to shoot but those shots feel like secondary shots regarding rules (me saying without really understanding the rules)

What I got from it (after only 2 games) is that you hit the targets behind those awkward bumpers, that takes up all the space in the middle of the table to start something, and that's it. I hate it when I must read a rule set to understand what the table wants me to do. (call me lazy) Rules sheets are fine if you want to understand the finer details of a table but some Zen table(unlike real ones) has me a bit lost in that department. Maybe if I found them more fun to shoot I would invest more time to understand the rules, so this might be just me. I am still buying them. It's pinball after all :D

Anyway, do not pay too much attention to me on this matter. I am not a zenentologist. Only here for fun :)

Hope others feel differently about it and are having a blast with the new one. As always, the graphics are well done on it

L33

Aug 20, 2014
I really like this table...some say it's too easy and to expect big scores...but I'm an average player so my scores aren't that high...think 90 million is my top so far. I didn't understand the rules at first but after a few games I'm getting it...which makes the game more enjoyable. I never used to like the ball physics but that's growing on me now. Visually, the game makes TPA look like something from the 80s. I was a big fan of TPA but with all the continuous problems, bugs and things never seem to get sorted, you don't seem to get those issues with Zen. On my cab you just load up Zen without a worry...and it works. Even reading their Facebook page...it's nothing but nice comments...

Overall, I like Rogue One and it's definitely got me playing Zen Pinball more...

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
I would say after playing yesterday morning (on iOS) that it's just okay - as psykil says above, the "in between modes" taking shots up the middle to hit the standup targets seems to take a large percentage of play time. I have also been feeling like it's trickier to aim than in some of the other Zen tables, the flippers feel a bit off to me - maybe I have just been playing too much SPA though.

The theme, music and graphics are all fantastic, it's definitely worth the price IMO, but I don't think in the long run it will have the "fun factor" and deep rules to be one I keep coming back to (like World War Hulk, Might of the First Order, Skyrim etc.)

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
I have played it quite a lot last weekend.

+ The way the theme is transferred to the table, graphics, voices
+ Ball physics
+ Missions are nice, as far as I have played them - I come back to that later

- Table layout - it's nothing special
- Scoring: I don't see the point of going through all the missions, especially some of them include more risky or difficult shots, without having a good risk vs. reward system. So what I did to get my best score of 510m points: Complete mission one and then only play mission 2 all the time. Nothing else. Mission 1 gives more points, but at the expense of more time pressure and all missions after mission 2 which I played (haven't managed to finish all) give less points and are more difficult. Ok, mission 3 is not difficult, but I think the max. is 6m points, whereas you can score about twice as much with mission 2, plus you can get combo bonuses as well.
- Video mode: Nice to earn an extra ball, but not very fun to play

I will continue playing it, because ultimately I want to finish all missions. But it shouldn't be possible to play an early mission over and over and over again to score high.

Members online

Members online