Whoa!

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
SYT was up there for a visit and I think he said that Big Juicy looks close to finished. Big Buck Hunter, not so much.
Still no release date though.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
said $14.99 for both in the Twitch video. If they are offered individually as well I'm assuming they may get some sales of Big Buck Hunter by itself, can't see a rush to buy Whoa Nellie! individually, but can now see where the melon balls came from. Suppose Stern must have found a demand for a Whoa Nellie! (real rather than virtual) type of table or they wouldn't have made it - lowest scoring game this century? Console release shortly after the Steam release on 7th September.

Nomorestalker

Feb 19, 2013
said $14.99 for both in the Twitch video. If they are offered individually as well I'm assuming they may get some sales of Big Buck Hunter by itself, can't see a rush to buy Whoa Nellie! individually, but can now see where the melon balls came from. Suppose Stern must have found a demand for a Whoa Nellie! (real rather than virtual) type of table or they wouldn't have made it - lowest scoring game this century? Console release shortly after the Steam release on 7th September.

100% those watermelon balls are going to get lost on the table. Sticking with the classics haha

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Impressions from an Android beta tester:

I'm prepared to give Big Buck some time. I've never even seen one in the wild, let alone played it, but it seems fun with a lot of humor. Think Fish Tales, but with a hunting theme.

Whoa Nellie!, unfortunately, just doesn't stack up for me :( I get the general idea, but all Whoa Nellie! does is highlight just how good those 60s and 70s Gottlieb designers were at making the most out of the rudimentary technology available at the time. If it were an EM that came out in that time period, it would've been considered run-of-the-mill at best.

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
If it were an EM that came out in that time period, it would've been considered run-of-the-mill at best.

From the ipdb.org listing for Whoa Nellie...

"This is a converted game using Gottlieb's 1957 'Continental Cafe' and with its rules slightly adjusted."

Citizen

Oct 5, 2017
"With its rules slightly adjusted" is a bit of an understatement. The pf layout is also pretty significantly shuffled around. It's definitely not Gottlieb's original design.

More importantly, when do we get the Pabst Can Crusher retheme?

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Its on Steam as well, but only available to buy in app, not on Steam itself. Awarded me the 'Whoa Nellie Scores' achievement when I started TPA, also unless there is something wrong with my settings that table seems very bright.

Members online

Members online