This isn't a Gottlieb.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Yes, the G in Alvin G does stand for "Gottlieb", but it's a completely separate company and unaffiliated with the Gottlieb brand that Premier owned the rights to.

On top of that, TPA itself labels it as an Alvin G and Co. game, not a Gottlieb.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Yeah, I agree, it's technically not a Gottlieb. But maybe they just didn't feel like making yet another forum division.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
Yeah, I agree, it's technically not a Gottlieb. But maybe they just didn't feel like making yet another forum division.

Especially for a company that, at most, only released eight pinball machines in their entire existence.

I don't blame them for lumping this in with the Gottliebs. By and large, the name could use the boost.

Gord Lacey

Site Founder
Staff member
Feb 19, 2012
Hah, I expected someone to make a thread about this. When I checked IPDB it showed the concept by Michael Gottlieb, made the link to Gottlieb the company, and decided to lump it into the Gottlieb brand instead of creating another brand category with a single table assigned to it. I also assumed that it would have been part of a deal involving the Gottlieb tables, but I'll check with FarSight on that.

Xanija

Staff member
May 29, 2013
By the way, this table is grouped in the Williams section, when sorting for Manufacturers (at least on Steam it is).

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
By the way, this table is grouped in the Williams section, when sorting for Manufacturers (at least on Steam it is).

Michael Gottlieb did go on to work for Williams. He most likely held on to the rights of the Alvin G properties.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.