Tournament Coming Feb. 3rd

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
Hey guys, sorry about the mix up. Just so it's clear: PC and mobile platforms should have a 5 minute tournament, while PSN will be having a 20 minute tournament. We have updated the tournament text to reflect the fact that we are running a 5 minute tournament for PC and mobile.

So why the difference? Not that I can go 20 min on any of these tables...

Last edited:

big_kick

Jun 10, 2013
Hey guys, sorry about the mix up. Just so it's clear: PC and mobile platforms should have a 5 minute tournament, while PSN will be having a 20 minute tournament. We have updated the tournament text to reflect the fact that we are running a 5 minute tournament for PC and mobile.

PSN tournament is 20 minutes but tournament text is 5 minutes.

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
Thanks for clarifying that, I appreciate it. I assume the 5 minute vs. 20 minute difference in platforms may have something to do with being able to score much higher on PC and mobile platforms, vs PS3, 4.(?)Just total guess, but I always see the PC and Mobile players with astronomically high scores (compared to PS3 and 4 players). Still, five minutes pretty short. I've never played on PC or mobile, so really just assumption on my part. Good luck to all.

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
I wish these tournaments were more frequent- they really are a lot of fun- and I think most feel same. Maybe a case of too much of a good thing if they were more frequent; but seems like a long wait between tournaments. In any case, I hope Farsight at least continues them at same pace. Thanks to Farsight for putting them on.

Flummoxed

Mar 16, 2016
Yeah, you're right- didn't realize they were as frequent as one per month- shouldn't be anymore than that. Kalbun, I noticed your location is Brazil. Is pinball popular there, as it is/was in Europe? Obviously current popularity is relative- I'm sure it's rare to find any real pinball machines anywhere these days.

psykil

Nov 8, 2016
Thanks for clarifying that, I appreciate it. I assume the 5 minute vs. 20 minute difference in platforms may have something to do with being able to score much higher on PC and mobile platforms, vs PS3, 4.(?)Just total guess, but I always see the PC and Mobile players with astronomically high scores (compared to PS3 and 4 players). Still, five minutes pretty short. I've never played on PC or mobile, so really just assumption on my part. Good luck to all.

I'm not sure why it would matter since your scores are relative to other players on the same platform. The only thing that increasing the time does is widen the gap between the higher and lower skilled players. After all 10 extra minutes won't improve your scores if you usually don't make the first 10.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Some tables like "Junk yard" don`t stop the timer when ball is lost. Why?
If there are locked balls or balls anywhere than in the trough at the end of a ball, the timer runs. JY has a spare ball stashed ready to kick out when the Toilet is shot. Always been like that, couldn't tell you why....

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Yeah, you're right- didn't realize they were as frequent as one per month- shouldn't be anymore than that. Kalbun, I noticed your location is Brazil. Is pinball popular there, as it is/was in Europe? Obviously current popularity is relative- I'm sure it's rare to find any real pinball machines anywhere these days.
It's probably not as popular as it used to be, since arcades are so damn rare now, but there are dedicated groups of people who collect machines in private clubs, like in Rio de Janeiro or São Paulo. They gather often and run tourneys and stuff.

I can't afford a machine, much less pay a monthly a fee for an exclusive club like that.

Last edited:

9u1d0

Jan 7, 2013
over 22M on Junk Yard in 5 minutes?
over 3.4B on Al's Garage Band in 5 minutes?
What am I missing here.....

Last edited:

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
over 22M on Junk Yard in 5 minutes?
over 3.4B on Al's Garage Band in 5 minutes?
What am I missing here.....
Garage Band is easy, if you keep multiball and hit a ton of 200M jackpots.

JY... no idea. Collect All Junk should be 12 to 14M and is a tight achievement. No way you can get to Space.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
On Junkyard, it's three key words: Super Skill Shots.

Also is Midnight Madness useable during the tourney? Cause I bet you could rack up a good score.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
On Junkyard, it's three key words: Super Skill Shots.

Also is Midnight Madness useable during the tourney? Cause I bet you could rack up a good score.

I guess you mean the allusions on other pinball tables in "time machine-mode"!? I´ve noticed that this mode is disgorging a considerable amount of points. Sadly I need more time to get a descent result on this table. Compared to other tables JY is my worst game.

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
That's the shot, but not when Time Machine is lit, as some of those modes waste time (Saucer Attack). But when you plunge the ball through that spinner, try to lite Super Skill Sot. Then hit it over and over.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts