When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
But how about they flip their focus around so SPA becomes the game that they release a new table for every month and TPA gets an update every 3 months or so

Considering people have been waiting 7+ months for Ghostbusters, I don't think a monthly schedule would work with newer Stern tables :p

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
But how about they flip their focus around so SPA becomes the game that they release a new table for every month and TPA gets an update every 3 months or so

I'd be happy to have an update every three months. Ghostbusters has had a placeholder since December, and we still don't have a firm date yet. The program itself also hasn't been updated.

Richard B

Apr 7, 2012
Actually, they have quite a few Bally/Williams/Gottlieb tables left in my opinion that others and myself wish to see and hope they continue TPA for many years to come, nothing against the more recent Stern tables, but quite enjoy the mix of older and the newer tables. Just tried out the redone Black Knight and think they did a great job with it, would like to see them redo some of the other season 1 and 2 tables.
When did they redo BK?

seansjs1973gamer

May 17, 2014
Reality check, we will get Ghostbusters as soon as they implement the new so called physics 4.0, which will be NEVER. It will be somewhere down the line like, we at Farsight are sorry but the Stern Pinball Arcade project has been cancelled. We had overestimated the complexity needed to implement ball physics 4.0 into our software. They will probably port pinball arcade to smart watches, its on every other platform. But don't worry next month they will release yet another Gottlieb Table on the pinball arcade. Farsight we want physics which will really do your pinball arcade game justice like the physics in the pro-pinball series which are about 20 years old. It's mind boggling that their physics engine is still the best. Has anyone at Farsight even played a pro-pinball table so they can know what is possible in a pinball simulation and what the true pinball fans really want. A fun and challenging pinball experience, the thing that made pinball so fun even to this day. The Pinball Arcade has come a long way from the first season, but Season 1 and 2 tables need some retuning. We dont like earning 10 extra balls every game, with games lasting 20 minutes on average, and the easy shots that you can make 10 times in a row. I had high hopes for the Stern Pinball Arcade but so far I have been disappointed.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
+1

Always good to see another call for improved physics. I sincerely hope that FS is indeed working on physics 4.0 and that this is the reason for the hold up. That'd be worth the wait!

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
Due to the long wait, I had another go on the real table again last weekend in Rotterdam...
Still wondering though how the machine will look on my PS4...

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Reality check, we will get Ghostbusters as soon as they implement the new so called physics 4.0, which will be NEVER. It will be somewhere down the line like, we at Farsight are sorry but the Stern Pinball Arcade project has been cancelled. We had overestimated the complexity needed to implement ball physics 4.0 into our software. They will probably port pinball arcade to smart watches, its on every other platform. But don't worry next month they will release yet another Gottlieb Table on the pinball arcade. Farsight we want physics which will really do your pinball arcade game justice like the physics in the pro-pinball series which are about 20 years old. It's mind boggling that their physics engine is still the best. Has anyone at Farsight even played a pro-pinball table so they can know what is possible in a pinball simulation and what the true pinball fans really want. A fun and challenging pinball experience, the thing that made pinball so fun even to this day. The Pinball Arcade has come a long way from the first season, but Season 1 and 2 tables need some retuning. We dont like earning 10 extra balls every game, with games lasting 20 minutes on average, and the easy shots that you can make 10 times in a row. I had high hopes for the Stern Pinball Arcade but so far I have been disappointed.

Valid points, but it's not exactly a good idea to compare SPA with Pro Pinball. PP Ultra hasn't had an update on PC since September 2016, and the other old tables will never be updated.
That said, the old ones on GOG, even with no controller support whatsoever, do still run circles around SPA.
And now FarSight is reduced to releasing fake table sims on their signature app, the Pinball Arcade. Seriously, World Championship Soccer???? No such thing!
I would have settled for World Challenge Soccer or even A.G. Soccer ball-at least they're real. Next thing you know, they'll release a fake Ghostbusters table or even a fake Doctor Who table. Oh wait..........
Stern Pinball Arcade must be cancelled, and it must be cancelled now! This coming from someone who bought both $20 passes so far for SPA. FarSight obviously isn't supporting SPA and neither should we.

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
I like Stern Pinball Arcade, at least the PS4 version. If Ghostbusters isn't ready, I wish they'd release some other table.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Pro Pinball Ultra hasn't had an update on PC since September 2016, and the other old tables will never be updated.

I feel the same way, in terms of wanting to see the other three games get the ULTRA treatment. My guess is that they're much smaller than Farsight, and they can only devote so much time of putting in the least noticeable of details.

From what I've seen, Barnstorm is working with Arcooda on Timeshock -- The Arcade Edition. The last update was on July 11th, mentioned on their Checkpoint video. They're also working with Silver Castle Pinball, getting a prototype Timeshock ready to go, complete with playfield art.

And now FarSight is reduced to releasing fake table sims on their signature app, the Pinball Arcade. Seriously, World Championship Soccer???? No such thing!
I would have settled for World Challenge Soccer or even A.G. Soccer ball-at least they're real.

This argument is ridiculous. Do you know how much the FIFA World Cup license is? If there's no Kickstarter for it, then the license is so expensive that it's not worth going after. The title's acronym is still WCS, and we'd better have most of this table than none at all. All this over a trophy, a title, and other minor changes. I'd prefer World Champ Soccer over Challenge or A.G. any day.

EDIT: They did this before. Last Action Hero and Phantom of the Opera, without the Data East logos. Frankenstein, without the Sega logo because of Sonic. Starship Troopers, while there in the DMD, is the same way. Addams Family, without some familiar faces. Are these "fake tables", too, without the original art or logos?

FarSight obviously isn't supporting SPA and neither should we.

This is not entirely on Farsight to blame for the delay of SPA. I'm sure they want to release a patch, along with the new tables, for the game just as much as we do. However, Stern is calling the shots (which is fairly common knowledge by now), and they're probably the reason why we haven't seen any updates on the game for so long. Cancellation of SPA? Hardly. Farsight touched upon it at ReplayFX and are still showing support for it. It's frustrating that it seems like forever, yes, but I'll be happy when Ghostbusters releases. It'll be worth seeing those fixes in, too.

If SPA is cancelled, say goodbye to dozens of Stern, Data East, and Sega tables that could've seen the light of day. It's either Stern Pinball Arcade or no Stern in TPA.

TL;DR: Patience. It sucks, but it's very much needed from what I've seen.

Last edited:

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
I really hate the fact that Ghostbusters was close a couple of month ago. And I also hate that SPA isnt there for Oculus Rift, which was announced for fall 2016, about one year ago. BUT, my girl got a new tablet and I wanted to give SPA a shot. Star Trek and AC/DC are pretty awesome. I like thy physics much. Just tried the tables on the month on TPA and I dont like the physics on these tables at all. Used to play TPA on PC a lot last year, not sure if there are big differences on PC and android physics. But while the SPA physics are awesome on android in my opinion, the TPA physics are on the tables I played really bad. Farsight should offer an update. I think people even would pay money for an update that makes a huge difference here. An update that includes VR-support would be awesome.

Ben Logan

Jun 2, 2015
I'd certainly pay for updated physics. SPA's physics are improved, but still lack ballspin and total removal of railroads.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Good news: World Cup Soccer and Fathom. I don't mind the alterations to WCS, they don't effect the game at all. No kickstarter = win for a table we thought we'd never get. Fathom is a big crowd pleaser, people been clamoring for it since TPA launched.

Bad news: Seriously, wtf is going on with SPA. NINE MONTHS? The software is mired in bugs on all platforms, many platform-specific. And of course new tables totally MIA. Especially disingenuous to those who bought the second bundle of tables AFTER Farsight announced that Ghostbusters would be included for that price.

Like, I don't know what the hold-up is but I figure they are legally obligated to release Ghostbusters or it's false advertising.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
It will be somewhere down the line like, we at Farsight are sorry but the Stern Pinball Arcade project has been cancelled. We had overestimated the complexity needed to implement ball physics 4.0 into our software.

Farsight won't ever say that. They'll just keep giving the same "coming soon coming soon coming soon we promise really" that we've heard from them forever. And they really do mean it, all this stuff in the pipeline they honestly do want to get done. They're not trying to break promises or disappoint the fans, they just don't have the capability.

And as I keep saying, don't expect anything substantial from "physics 4.0". It won't be anything more than a few more hardcoded conditionals and railroads. Unless they really are porting in a whole new physics engine from Visual Pinball or somewhere. They'd only care to do that if Stern forced it. But we can speculate.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts