When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
But I don't think this has been added to SPA yet. I didn't even see an update on PC.

Last edited:

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Got it on my Samsung Tab A 2GB tablet and I am pretty much disappointed. Star Trek and AC/DC run flawless here. But Ghostbusters is a mess on the performance side. FPS are bad and the ball moves way too slow. Plus there pops up a black field randomly on the screens center from time to time. This table isnt finished yet. I recommend to stay away from the android version until a main update is released.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Got it on my Samsung Tab A 2GB tablet and I am pretty much disappointed. Star Trek and AC/DC run flawless here. But Ghostbusters is a mess on the performance side. FPS are bad and the ball moves way too slow. Plus there pops up a black field randomly on the screens center from time to time. This table isnt finished yet. I recommend to stay away from the android version until a main update is released.

Wrong. The Android version of the table is definitely finished. You are basing your opinion on poor performance on a single, older, device that is not a "top of the range" device. I would expect a Tab A to struggle with Ghostbusters: this is a table that consumes 40% CPU on my PC.

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Wrong. The Android version of the table is definitely finished. You are basing your opinion on poor performance on a single, older, device that is not a "top of the range" device. I would expect a Tab A to struggle with Ghostbusters: this is a table that consumes 40% CPU on my PC.

You run android on your pc? Why is that? You call a device from 2016 "older"? How often do you get yourself new devices? The Tab A I got has 2GB Ram which is the specification Farsight asks for for SPA. I also told about random black screen errors. So there seems to be a mayor bug in the SPA version.

I tested Ghostbusters on TPA meanwhile. It runs flawless for about 3 min on my Tab A. Then suddenly it slow downs dramatically and stuttering begins. The first minutes play awesome, and then the game is unplayable for me for no reason I understand. Hopefully an update will fix this. I had to cancel my order.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
You run android on your pc?

No, I run Windows 10. Sorry if I gave that impression.

Why is that?

Yeah, that would be weird. There is/was a Windows Android emulator called "Bluestacks" but it was awful.

You call a device from 2016 "older"? How often do you get yourself new devices?

Hmm, I thought the Tab A was 3-4 years old. I last got a new device, a Tab S2, in March 2016. It replaced a Tab 3 I got in December 2013. So every two and a bit years, I guess, but the Tab 3 was my first tablet so I don't have much history to go by.

The Tab A I got has 2GB Ram which is the specification Farsight asks for for SPA. I also told about random black screen errors. So there seems to be a mayor bug in the SPA version.

I tested Ghostbusters on TPA meanwhile. It runs flawless for about 3 min on my Tab A. Then suddenly it slow downs dramatically and stuttering begins. The first minutes play awesome, and then the game is unplayable for me for no reason I understand. Hopefully an update will fix this. I had to cancel my order.

2Gb RAM is enough to load the game and all its assets and have it run. The point I was trying (and failing) to make, is that Ghostbusters has been shown to be very processor-intensive, even on a relatively powerful gaming PC. Your Tab A is the same age as my Tab S2; but does not have as powerful a processor (S2: 1.3GHz 8-core vs A: 1.2GHz 4-core).

Now to my experiences playing Ghostbusters on my Tab S2 in both SPA and TPA:

SPA runs fast, smooth, and everything works.

TPA has far worse performance. I have slowdown right from the get-go, and while it plays smoothly, it's too slow to be enjoyable. There are also a few issues with lights not lighting up telling me which shots I need to make.

I have also briefly tried TPA Ghostbusters on my 'phone (like, right as I'm writing this post), which is an LG G3 (2.5GHz quad-core) also a similar age to both respective tablets), and it runs very well.

During beta testing other Samsung owners (including Note 8 owners, if you want as recent a device as you can get) complained about performance. So maybe there's something in Samsung's implementation of Android (ha! as if...) that is already a resource hog and is competing excessively for resources against TPA, and Ghostbusters suffers as a result.

Conclusion: in my experience, SPA is the mobile platform of choice for Ghostbusters, hands-down. Since there's cross-buy, this is possible. Just be aware that since the table is processor-intensive.

switch3flip

Jan 30, 2013
And as always when running TPA/SPA on a device that struggles: close all other apps, clear your cashe memory and put device in flight mode (TPA has a looong history of performance problems when device gets notifications and stuff). Just remember to pause and turn flight mode off when you drain last ball, if you want your score to register on leaderboards and stuff.

danton

Feb 4, 2013
Interesting read. Ghostbusters is unplayable on my phone and Tablet as they are quite old.
So I was looking at getting a Samsung Tab A maybe I should aim higher?

blindpeser

Nov 20, 2016
Interesting read. Ghostbusters is unplayable on my phone and Tablet as they are quite old.
So I was looking at getting a Samsung Tab A maybe I should aim higher?

Flight mode didnt help, thanks anyway. Yeah I have to clear memory cache everytime I want to launch Stark Trek or AC/DC. This helps to play a couple of minutes Ghostbusters on TPA smoothly. But when the multiball starts, the stuttering is alive. There could be 2 possibilies in my opinion. 1. Maybe the closed apps restart automatically after a while, so the free memory isnt enough anymore. or 2. The cpu is going to be too hot due to the demanding performance. So it becomes a bit slower to cool down and the performance decreases...

SqueakyClean

Oct 2, 2015
Mine still say buy for 9.99 - how did it work for you? And did you buy the bundle 2 in iOS spa?
I probably should have said “eventually cross-buy”. It’s not out on SPA and cross-buy between SPA and TPA has been iffy at best.
Wait for the SPA update and contact support when it doesn’t work...

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
I probably should have said “eventually cross-buy”. It’s not out on SPA and cross-buy between SPA and TPA has been iffy at best.
Wait for the SPA update and contact support when it doesn’t work...

thanks, got it sorted with FS support today - they were super helpful and responsive. got the #8 high score on mobile with 2.4bil - luckily I have the mode shots kind of memorized from IRL play since the mode shots on iOS don't light! not quite like playing dumb deaf and blind - but def a handicap.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
SPA updated with Ghostbusters on iOS.

Very interested to hear if it has the same problems as the TPA version.

Kramer

Apr 23, 2012
SPA updated with Ghostbusters on iOS.

Very interested to hear if it has the same problems as the TPA version.

It has different problems - missing textures for example. Farsight have also added a ridiculous joystick overlay that I can’t seem to get rid of.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest posts