When are we supposed to be getting Ghostbusters?

wolfson

May 24, 2013
I`ll say something really bloody stupid , my PC has gtx 1060 card , but I play mainly on my consoles . how`s them apples ? !!! :cool:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Here's the answers to some of the questions over the last 2 pages:

Certification take up to 6 weeks, even on the first pass. MS and Sony can and will fail a cert for even minor reasons if they choose. One time TPA failed because it was not compatible with a Guitar Hero controller. Yeah, think about that for a moment.

So if it can take 6 weeks, and the cert passes, that means FS has already built one more table, and is halfway through the next before even being able to submit the next cert. This is why they started just stockpiling and doing fewer releases. Someone already pointed out, Zen doesn't do monthly drops. They are able to fully beta all their tables in a pack, bug fix and patch them, and then put in for certification. They also are then able to pick their release date for a uniform drop. I'm sure there's more behind the scenes with them, but they are also over twice the size of FarSight.

Each submission to the consoles costs money. I don't have exact numbers, but it's something in the $20-50 thousand range. Wanna put in a patch? That'll be another 20-50. Bug fix? Ditto. Know what the cost on Steam is to do any of the releases FarSight does each month? Zero.

While I appreciate the frustration console owners go through, this many years in you seriously cannot keep thinking FarSight is going to miraculously get better with those platforms. If you are a Switch owner and you buy into TPA the minute it releases, hoping things will be different all while knowing full well about the Wii U release, you are a fool. Complaining your PC isn't powerful enough, it's your graphics card that isn't. Invest is a better one, you'll be amazed at how it affects all other aspects of your PC, not just gaming. Don't want to do that? Get an iPad or an Android tablet that can handle it. What am I saying, odds are you already have one! Concerned about the cost of buying all the tables over again? Guess what, when the PS5 and Xbox Whatever come out next, you're just going to have to rebuy all of them again. Meanwhile on PC and tablet, they'll just carry over. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I had these exact conversations with myself before I made the switch to PC from PS3. It sucked at first, and I was bitter. Now I laugh that I even hesitated.

wolfson

May 24, 2013
shutyertrap couldn`t have said it any better , a couple of drinks for that !!! :cool: thefly , we prefer maggot bags with a bit of dead horse to apple pie !!! :cool:

thefly0810

Feb 13, 2014
http://www.shacknews.com/article/79944/sony-does-not-charge-fee-for-patches

Both Sony and MS stopped charging for patches back in 2013.

And I don't realistically expect Farsight to release a table monthly on consoles. But a consistent biannual release schedule (June and December) or 3 times a year (April, August and December?) Is that too hard? I enjoy my Pinball on my PS4. I invested my money there. I don't care to play on PC and no, I can't stand it on the iPad. Call me stubborn, call me cheap, but why should I invest in graphics cards and rebuy the tables ($210 for all 7 seasons not on sale?). It was Farsight trying to sell me a product that I originally invested in on my preferred system.

Rayder

Mar 21, 2014
In my case, my PC is a laptop, there is no buying a graphics card for it, just buying a whole new one. And I decided about 5 years ago to stop using a PC to play games, thereby making upgrading the PC less necessary. And I don't own any kind of tablet or super-duper smartphone. Not because I can't afford them (I can), but because I don't want those devices. I chose a console. Releases used to at least be timely, they just aren't anymore.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
Certification takes longer when you keep failing it.

Sounds about right.

As for Mr Trudeau, I think it is possible to seperate Art from Artist. Maybe he is really gross and messed up but that doesn't retroactively diminish how great his games are.

Boycotting Ghostbusters isn't going to hurt him, it's going to hurt Farsight and Stern. It's not their fault, they surely had no idea about his predilections.

The same discussion is being had about his physical games. Pinball has enough of a mountain to climb already, let's not let one disgusting person ruin our enjoyment and preservation of these tables.

I think it's also *really* important to remember that a lot of people work on pinball games, not just the lead designer. They shouldn't get dragged down with him. They put a lot of blood and sweat into those machines, too.

Last edited:

Slam23

Jul 21, 2012
Well said HotHamBoy, I think it's totally absurd that people are selling pinball machines just because Trudeau was involved in the art. Then you should also start selling your Volkswagen cars because Hitler was involved in their production (just Google it). I think it's different with book writers like Orson Scott Card and Frank Herbert who put in their objectionable ideas in a recognizable fashion. That would be like Trudeau would hide nude pictures of children in the art of the pinball machines. And even then, Dune is still a great story when judged without real world knowledge about the fascist ideas from the author.
Anyway, enough ranting, when is Ghostbusters coming to iOS?

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
full.png

So we will still have to be patient....

Rage

Apr 25, 2017
full.png

We've been patient enough! Those with TPA, only 3 new tables came with SPA which came out in November for PS4. So in 10 months we only got 3 tables which don't cut it. Ghostbusters makes 4. That is lean and many more need to be out by Christmas. Like 5 more then pop a pack every 4 months from now on. Big Buck, Metallica, and many more.

Snorzel

Apr 25, 2014
full.png

Is this some kind of joke? This comment by farsight triggers me bad. They have had my money for a while now, the dlc is playable and ready to go and they were just going to sit on it, and our money and not release. Sounds like someone at sony had common sense and released what was ready. Also was it not advertised as coming spring 2017 then changed to 'coming soon™'? If they want people to preorder imo they need to meet self imposed deadlines and gimmie my game as soon as its ready, not dangle it in front of me while other platforms get timed exclusive play when we all paid the same price to preorder

Last edited:

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
Is this some kind of joke? This comment by farsight triggers me bad. They have had my money for a while now, the dlc is playable and ready to go and they were just going to sit on it, and our money and not release. Sounds like someone at sony had common sense and released what was ready. Also was it not advertised as coming spring 2017 then changed to 'coming soon™'? If they want people to preorder imo they need to meet self imposed deadlines and gimmie my game as soon as its ready, not dangle it in front of me while other platforms get timed exclusive play when we all paid the same price to preorder

What else is there left to say about FarSight and this product? I wish it was handled by someone else? Or, at least, better managed with a much more limited platform base.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
We don't know if Microsoft bribed Farsight or bribed Stern. Since we all know Stern calls the shots where SPA is considered, I presume the latter, which if true (i.e. the fat Microsoft check was made out to Stern) means FS is not to blame.

EDIT: does anybody know if this is even legal in the US? They (You) have some pretty harsh laws where anti-competitiveness is concerned, so would Microsoft have broken any laws by paying off Stern to keep the competition (Sony) at bay for at least a month? I mean, it's not a product developed or commissioned by Microsoft, it's third-party.

Last edited:

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
We don't know if Microsoft bribed Farsight or bribed Stern. Since we all know Stern calls the shots where SPA is considered, I presume the latter, which if true (i.e. the fat Microsoft check was made out to Stern) means FS is not to blame.

EDIT: does anybody know if this is even legal in the US? They (You) have some pretty harsh laws where anti-competitiveness is concerned, so would Microsoft have broken any laws by paying off Stern to keep the competition (Sony) at bay for at least a month? I mean, it's not a product developed or commissioned by Microsoft, it's third-party.

It's legal. It also happens with apps which are released earlier for IPhone/Android.
But I doubt that this release is big enough to make such a deal. Pinball is quite a niche market.

Byte

Nov 11, 2012
PRELUDE

"2:04 pm already!" thought Phil Marlowe Jr. He arrived an hour earlier at Redmond's Hop House in order to meet a potential new client. As usual, he went for a table at the back, sitting with his back to the wall. During his 20-years-this-November career as a professional detective, the number of people with scores to settle added up quickly. Too quickly not to make it a habit to take precautions. And, as usual, the client was late. No call, no text. Typical.

While waiting, Phil enjoyed a craft beer and looked around the bar. Stressed office people on a late lunch. A veteran, probably unemployed. Everybody loves the troops, except when they come looking for a job. But Phil was fascinated with the man that came in about 40 minutes earlier. The man entered, looked around like he never saw a bar from the inside before, then slowly made his way to back. He stopped two tables down, pulled out a chair. With a disapproving scowl he took out a handkerchief and took his time wiping down the chair before finally sitting down.

What made the man so fascinating was that he was completely out of place: late 50s, maybe early 60s, an $8,000 suit. Freshly shined shoes. Perfectly groomed. Flawless manicured nails. Everything yelled old-time, conservative corporate lawyer. But when, after ordering his 2nd Perrier water, the man went to check the time, a glowing Microsoft Band 2 watch was revealed. Phil was wearing a Longines Evidenza that once belonged to his grandfather himself, and did not expect to see a modern smart watch on an old-time lawyer. Phil hated surpises like that. "Are you losing your touch, old man?" he thought to himself.

Phil woke from his reverie when a man in his 40s, dressed in a shift with jeans and wearing sneakers came in and made his way straight to the lawyer. They shook hands, then engaged in conversation at too low a volume for Phil to hear. The younger man seemed agitated and angry with the older man, who remained icy calm. Phil had noticed a bulge on the man before, and thought he wasn't the only one who made enemies, but his muscles tensed when the old man seemed to go for it after the younger man got up to leave. But instead of a firearm, the lawyer pulled out a white envelope, throwing it on the table. He could hear the thud it made clearly over the background music that had prevented him from eavesdropping on the conversation. The younger man sat back down, looked at the envelope and slowly opened it, revealing a thick stack of banknotes. He pulled out a couple brand-new $100 bills, held them up to to the light, obviously realized where he was he quickly put them back, and stuffed the envelop down his waist. He and the lawyer shook hands again. The younger man left, making sure he wasn't followed. The lawyer leaned back, finished his Perrier and pulled out a Windows Phone. After a short conversation, the lawyer dropped a $20 and left as well.

"Mister... Marlowe? Hello?"

Phil looked up in the face of an woman in her late 20s. "Mister Marlowe?" she repeated. "Ahhh yes, that me" Phil answered. He completely forgot about his new client.

CHAPTER ONE: A CASE OF THE HEEBIE-JEEBIES.

(To Be Continued)
(Not really!)

Johni3w6

Oct 31, 2012
I'm enjoying the table so far, and it's getting me to play the other tables again for a bit.

That left hole is a pain, thought I had it figured out and didn't.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

TFHFony

Mar 9, 2017
I'm enjoying the table so far, and it's getting me to play the other tables again for a bit.

That left hole is a pain, thought I had it figured out and didn't.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Just don't touch the flippers when it comes out. It should bounce up from your right flipper.
And in Europe we keep on waiting. Still no GB or update here...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.