Collection of 83 Camera fiels current up to Al's Garage Band WITH Pics

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
Collection of 82 Camera files current up to Al's Garage Band WITH Pics

Unfortunately I initially posted this series of 3 posts into another thread on this forum. The one about discussion of FOV Settings. I realized after I posted that these posts are probably worthy of their own thread?

So, I went through and created camera files for all 82 of the tables current as of Al's Garage Band. I use a single 24 inch monitor rotated from my wall mount. Those of you using multi-screen setups may like these camera files as well, but, since I don't have a 2 or 3 screen setup I can't say.

There are 3 different views.

1-A view that is lower to the flippers and tends to center them on screen. This view may not show parts of the table, like the very outside of the outlanes or the plunger lane. This view uses FOV=2

2-This is a view of the backglass at the top of the monitor with the table partially visible beneath it. This view is not playable and is meant only for looking at the backglass. Some of these views have the backglass centered on the screen and not at the top, so you don't see much of the table. This occurs mostly on tables earlier in the alphabet and I intend to fix this going forward. This view uses FOV=1 as higher fields of view tend to obscure view of the table when placing the backglass at the top of the monitor.

3-This is the default view (on most if not all tables) and the one I prefer using FOV=5 except in some rare circumstances. It includes the full table, except I do not include the instruction cards in the view or the plunger, though the plunger lane is usually visible. I play with an Xbox360 controller and tend to launch the ball by feel alone. The lack of instruction cards and the plunger may be a deal breaker for some, but, it is something you can easily adjust if you desire. I prefer not to include the instruction cards mainly because I find the bright white at the bottom of the table distracting/irritating.

On some tables the DMD covers part of the top area of the table. Personally I just switch the DMD on/off as necessary in the cases where it obscures something I might need to see. Again, this may be a deal breaker for some, but, can be adjusted w/o too much difficulty. If anybody wants to use these camera files as a starting point to make their own and release them that is absolutely OK with me and no permission or credit is required.

I'm willing to take suggestions although it may take me some time to put them into effect assuming I agree with the suggestions being offered.

Here is the d/l link for the Cam files https://www.mediafire.com/?mo9dvmjtr96bkz9

I made these camera settings primarily for my own usage, but, I can imagine some of you with a second/third monitor for the DMD may like the FOV=5 view as well. Especially with the DMD appearing off-screen. Part of me wishes we could change the location of the DMD on the main screen, but, that would require me to do this stuff all over again, lol.

In the posts below this one I will upload screenshots of the various views and of several tables.

Hopefully somebody finds this useful and it spares them all the tedious work that I had to do. Unfortunately many of us like things a certain way and for those of you as obsessive as I am there is probably no way you can avoid doing your own camera angles, lol.

Last edited:

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
NOTE: The lighting on some of these tables may be different than the default settings. I find that due to my crappy monitor the tables look better a little brighter than standard settings. Oddly enough playing with my monitor in its normal orientation I much prefer a darker room and brighter bulbs.

Centaur View #3

Flight 2k View #1 (One of several wide body tables I'm uploading pics of.)

Flight 2k View #3 (This time a view from above this classic wide body table.)

Funhouse View #1

Funhouse View #3

The Getaway View #1

The Getaway View #3

Judge Dredd View #3 (I thought this table along with some other wide body tables would be helpful.)

More images in next post

Last edited:

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
If you have difficulty viewing the images on your rotated monitor due to the high resolution just click on the zoom button. Then right click on the image and click 'view image' that will open the image up in the same tab by itself and the browser will then scale the image down to the resolution of your screen.

No Fear View #1 (I know some of you hate this table, but, I felt the skull was a good point of comparison.)

No Fear View #3

Roadshow View #1 (Images of this table are useful to compare the difference between Red & Ted from views 1&3.)

Roadshow View #3 (I tried to come up with a full table top down view that allowed you a better view of Red & Ted's faces, but, I was unable to do so.)

Twilight Zone View #1

Twilight Zone View #2 (This is the only image that shows how the backglass view is presented.)

Twilight Zone View #3

As always much appreciation to NoEx who made this all possible with his custom camera mod!

Last edited:

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
Nice! Thanks for sharing.

You are welcome. It's actually 82 tables, I realized that when I counted them in the game, lol.

I didn't realize the pictures were such a high resolution when I shared them. I play the game using Nvidia DSR to increase the resolution then scale it back down for my 1080p monitor. It increases the image quality especially in regards to aliasing.

I'm still working on improving some of the camera angles specifically so the backglass is standardized on all the tables. When I'm done I'll upload the camera files again and notate them as version #2.

If you have any comments (good or bad) I'd love to hear them. Specifically if you feel the angles on any tables should be changed and so on. I may not agree with you, but, I'd love to hear feedback either way.

Last edited:

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
A couple more pictures, this time of "Genie".

Genie View #1

Genie View #3

I captured these last two images at 2160x3840 then used a photo editing program to resize them to 1080x1920.

Genie was particularly difficult to obtain a good camera angle on because of the fact it is a wide body table. Other wide body tables were not nearly as difficult as Genie was. Because of this Genie is a little unlike the rest in that the instruction card and such is visible at the bottom of the table. I spent a lot of time trying to come up with a better way to fit it onto the screen, but, I was unable to do so.

When I filled the screen with the playfield the camera appeared to be centered over the middle of the table and not slightly behind or directly above the flippers. When doing these #3 camera angles one of the main things I'm trying to accomplish is a top down view that is at a minimum directly above the flippers and preferably behind them to some degree.

I usually use a FOV of 5 to help in achieving this effect, but, on certain tables, especially wide bodied ones I have to lower the FOV as low as 3.5 in order to pull the camera out far enough to fit the table onto the screen. I think Genie is the only one using a 3.5 FOV for angle #3.

As you can see in the pics of Genie I will occasionally cut off the plunger lane if the table doesn't have any sort of special features that requires it to be visible to properly play the table. Another concern is whether or not there is any artwork to the right of the plunger lane. If there is I make every effort to keep that in the frame. Sometimes I have to make compromises though.

Any feedback or criticism is welcome!

Last edited:

Pike13

Dec 7, 2016
Thanks for posting. I'm beginning the journey of tweaking FCM to get it just right as well and your settings and explanations are a good starting point. One thing I'm trying to go for is a balance between your #1 and #3 view. I like seeing the whole table on #3 but it just seems a little 'straight down' over the top of table for me - as you call out on the Roadshow entry. Another table where this bothered me was Cactus Canyon where you can't quite see the cowboy figure and just see the top of his black hat. Without knowing what was there you would have a hard time telling what it was. But for those tables that don't have those types of features I think the FOV of 5 works great.

I've found that looking at the Visual Pinball version of some of these tables is a good comparison exercise as those seem to show everything, albeit with the perspective slightly skewed.

Personally, I try to have as much as the real playfield shown as possible including the plunger. I'm playing in a cabinet and want to have that 'suspension of belief' factor going a little bit where it recreates a real table as much as possible (admittedly impossible).

Sebinouse

Jul 18, 2012
[MENTION=1718]DornoDios[/MENTION]

seattlemark found the reason why your picture's links are broken.

Now, I know what is going on with this. I found the following on a 4/21/2018 post in a different forum:

Notice: For any users using Postimage.org to host pictures in their posts ,they have posted this notice.

postimg.ORG domain is locked by Registry, no prior notice.
While we hope to resolve the issue, we chose postimg.CC as our new home.
Please update codes embedded in your websites.

Your pictures are still there, but any pics links you posted you have to change the .org in the link to .cc to get them to show again.

I tried and it worked on your files ...

Thanks for sharing your camera files by the way ! good job !

DornoDios

Dec 24, 2012
[MENTION=1718]DornoDios[/MENTION]

seattlemark found the reason why your picture's links are broken.

I tried and it worked on your files ...

Thanks for sharing your camera files by the way ! good job !

Thank you, I'm glad some of you found the camera files useful. I used to be pretty active in the Visual Pinball community prior to this game coming out. Although I think my name over there is different. After spending months settings up those tables and registry settings doing the camera files for these tables seemed relatively easy being that it could be finished in an afternoon.

I got a new 144hz monitor and I'm planning to buy a new GPU in October when the 3rd party Nvidia GPU's hit the stores. So I'm certain I'll want to checkout Pinball Arcade at 120hz once I get the GPU installed. I can only go to 120hz because I'm using HDMI through an AVR. I could use a display port for 144hz, but then I'd lose Dolby Atmos and DTS TrueHD etc.

I will update the camera files at some point for the newer tables, but it may be a while. I sustained a knee injury (torn meniscus) forever ago. It went misdiagnosed for 5+ years and I'm going through the rehab process right now, so I'm trying to stay addicted to the exercise because if I start doing something else I'll get totally sidetracked. I have a lot of 'work' to do to get back the muscle mass I lost limping around all those years.

I managed to fix the original posts image links thanks to the information provided. I kind of lucked out that I saw the e-mail about your post because that particular e-mail account gets SO many e-mails everyday.

I guess that's what I get for donating money, lol.

Edit: Oops, unfortunately Pinball Arcade doesn't work properly at any refresh rate other than 60hz. It appears the speed of the gameplay and possibly physics are tied to a 60hz refresh rate.
Pinball FX3 does work at 120hz so that is cool.

Also, probably not buying a new GPU now. Nvidia 2080 series is crazy expensive. Maybe if they add DLSS support to Pinball FX3 I'll reconsider, lol. I won't hold my breath though.

Last edited:

Members online

Members online