90s vs Stern

Would you rather play/own all 90s or all Sterns ? Can't play the other group anymore.

• Total voters

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
You know the drill. As it always happens :) you are offered a big collection of pinball tables for free but you can choose only one group. You are not able to play the tables from the other group :)

We talk about Stern post 2000, so no Data East, Sega and other licenses

This could also be interpreted as TPA vs SPA in the future but:
A) I would rather talk about real tables
B) both apps does not contain all the available tables, especially SPA
C) with data east and sega tables in SPA this will make it confusing as they belong to 90s

Last edited:

kaworu

Oct 17, 2016
things evolved - now it's not apples vs oranges, it became apples, melons and bananas vs oranges, so i voted for larger group as obvious win

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I'm just not really impressed by Stern Pinball Arcade or the handful of modern Sterns that I have played IRL. So 90s

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Like everyone else, I'd like to cherry pick from both. But if I have to choose, I'll take the all Stern pin option.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
stern for me - been enjoying the heck out of star trek and ac/dc - ghostbusters is going to be like xmas in march (hopefully march...).
much love and respect to the past - got to go with the present.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
As much as I love the 90's tables, I get a lot more enjoyment out of the modern Sterns. Metallica and AC/DC are my 2 favorite tables right now. I like ST and Tron a lot and GB has really grown on me. Aerosmith looks like it's going to be a blast as well.

Axlsgolden

Dec 2, 2013
Undecided...a little bit more stern because of star trek.....for me the best table in the whole TPA and SPA-collection.

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
Undecided...a little bit more stern because of star trek.....for me the best table in the whole TPA and SPA-collection.

Totally agree. For me this became the only table I really need and play at the moment.
Made a Thread about it (top 5-10 pins..), so really glad seeing I am not the only one who thinks this.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
When the "golden age of pinball" occurred is open to debate, but few would argue that it was after 2000.

PET3R

Mar 10, 2015
When the "golden age of pinball" occurred is open to debate, but few would argue that it was after 2000.

Many of us would argue that 90s have been a golden age for FPS with Doom being the best one ever. Similiarly here the gaming and FPS have evolved and probably less than 1% of gamers would rather play the original Doom these days than COD or other recent FPS.

The way I see it, lot of 90s votes are casted because of the fact Eldar perfectly highlited:

"90s, with the Nostalgia Glasses (tm) firmly planted in front of my eyes."

Last edited:

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
The "+ all future pins" aspect really tipped me to the Stern pick. Star Wars, Iron Maiden and what ever else is coming down the pike is a big bonus.

John Penner

Feb 15, 2017
I love everything from the 50s to the 2000s, just not all of them. My current favourites are Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, ACDC. I some favourite Pinball FX2 and The Pinball Arcade tables too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Badfinger

Feb 26, 2017
Definitely 90's and sure I include the 90's Sterns in that! :cool:

I like mid 60's through early 90's fare more than the newest.

Maybe i am odd, I like WPT from 2006, and ofc I want LOTR!

Last edited:

Striker

May 26, 2017
Considering my age demographic, I have to vote for the 90s tables. I also haven't played many of the Stern modern tables, besides Ghostbusters. Which is a blast so far. I'm looking forward to trying GOT, Star Wars, and LOTR in the future.

Members online

Members online