PS3 - Bug Lag on older Samsung Smart TV

VincentVegas

Feb 8, 2013
I own a 2014 Samsung Smart TV and have no problems with lag. My friend owns a TV one year older and she has lags with every table. Turning on sports/gaming mode on the TV does not really help.
Playing fast tables is nearly impossible because of the lag. You just always hit the ball too late. The problem seems to have become worse over the last months.
Zen Pinball 2 in contrast does not show any lag.

Is there anything we can do?

Regards
Thomas

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
I recently played Pinball Arcade on PS3 on a friend's LG LED TV. Without turning the game mode of the tv on, the lag was so bad it was absolutely unplayable. Almost a second of lag. With the game mode on, a small amount of lag was still detectable, but the tables were playable. I doubt Farsight can do anything to fix this, it really comes down to what TV you play on, especially for PS3 for some reason...

Zevious Zoquis

Jul 27, 2013
You might want to go into the advanced settings on the TV and make sure all the post processing options are off. I'm pretty sure I've owned a couple TVs over the years where just selecting "game mode" didn't actually turn all the processing off. You don't want the TV doing any thinking before drawing the image.

I'm running TPA at 1080p on the 42" led I bought about 6 months ago and it really doesn't feel any different than it did at 720p which I used for a couple years prior to that. Most TVs now seem to be running at something like 8 ms of "lag" which is considerably better than the norm 5 or 6 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.