Observation(s) on TPA 6.9.0

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
So I *just* downloaded TPA 6.9.0 (Must be some strange new definition of 'Now Available' of which I was previously unaware...), and all excited to try out Cactus Jacks, only to discover that once again, the voices are playing at about half speed (Was this fixed for the remaining voices in Doctor Who - Master of Time?).

Also, we Mac users still are using the old front end/UI, and the 'Back' button on the table selection screen continues to be inert...:(

A fix (for the voice issues, at the very least) would be most appreciated...

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
So I *just* downloaded TPA 6.9.0 (Must be some strange new definition of 'Now Available' of which I was previously unaware...), and all excited to try out Cactus Jacks, only to discover that once again, the voices are playing at about half speed (Was this fixed for the remaining voices in Doctor Who - Master of Time?).

Also, we Mac users still are using the old front end/UI, and the 'Back' button on the table selection screen continues to be inert...:(

A fix (for the voice issues, at the very least) would be most appreciated...

The sound issues are being looked into and should be fixed in the next update.

I don't have any news on the UI being updated at this time.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Thank you, I appreciate that...:)

Just curious, though; By 'Next Update', do you mean 7.0.0 next month, or might there be a 6.9.1 in the nearer future?

Incidentally, I just checked, and the voice issues remain in DW-MOT (as do some, if not all of the issues I mentioned in a previous thread)

Brandon Garvin

FarSight Employee
Oct 10, 2016
Thank you, I appreciate that...:)

Just curious, though; By 'Next Update', do you mean 7.0.0 next month, or might there be a 6.9.1 in the nearer future?

Incidentally, I just checked, and the voice issues remain in DW-MOT (as do some, if not all of the issues I mentioned in a previous thread)

The issue should be fixed now, but you'll need to force the tables to redownload. You should be able to do this from the Manage Tables screen, which can be found in the Options menu.

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
*MUCH* better!

A few issues remain with DW-MOT, but the voice/sound issues appear to be fixed!:cool:

Thank you!

curtis

Aug 30, 2015

Personally, I prefer the old UI. However, I too have an inert 'back' button on the table selection screen. I've reported this to FarSight support, still no fix for a fairly vital UI item. Sigh...

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Dr Who-Masters Of Time
I deleted table and downloaded - but now the screen instantly goes black with just the DMD in the corner.
I deleted table again and now there's no download

Cactus Jack works(sounds) great now *thumbs-up* Surprisingly fun table too, I had really low expectations

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Dr Who-Masters Of Time
I deleted table and downloaded - but now the screen instantly goes black with just the DMD in the corner.
I deleted table again and now there's no download

Cactus Jack works(sounds) great now *thumbs-up* Surprisingly fun table too, I had really low expectations
Ok, DW-MOT downloaded again - but it still has that same black screen issue

wizard33

Jul 31, 2014
the "not going back button" not working has been here for 2 releases. it's quite an annoying one: force-quitting is harsh

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
if you command+ctrl+F, it toggles between full screen and window mode
the back button works in window mode, but not full screen
It's a total pain in the ass, but it works and better than force quitting

Jay

May 19, 2012
Personally, I prefer the old UI.

The old UI wasn't bad. It was quirky, occasionally getting stuck during scrolling through the tables. What I like about the new interface (especially on Steam) is being able to Favorite the tables I play a lot. Then I don't have to scroll through dozens of tables.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
The back button and no scrolling up are evidence of pretty poor quality control. They're stronger evidence of why you should never buy the Mac version via the App Store. Buy the Steam version and play on Mac and/or PC. A copy of Windows for a partition on your Mac is well worth it for even one or two games.

If you have purchased from the App Store then do insist that Farsight support give you credit for the Steam version. Apple won't help you but Farsight knows that they are slinging shoddy software for the Mac.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.