Bug Android - Bone Busters Inc. Game Never Ends

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
In the current build (Cactus Jacks) on Android, v2.09.6_A0001, Bone Busters games never end. You drain your last ball, and the game just goes straight into attract mode (cycles through the high score list etc.) but never goes to the "start new game" screen. As a result, you can't save goals or high scores, and you have to back out and Exit/Discard Game to start a new game.

This was definitely working before, not sure when it got broken.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
In the current build (Cactus Jacks) on Android, v2.09.6_A0001, Bone Busters games never end. You drain your last ball, and the game just goes straight into attract mode (cycles through the high score list etc.) but never goes to the "start new game" screen. As a result, you can't save goals or high scores, and you have to back out and Exit/Discard Game to start a new game.

This was definitely working before, not sure when it got broken.

We are working on resolving this issue. Thanks for the report!

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
I played this today on PS4, hoping it would be fixed by now, but it wasn't.

I am guessing that it has something to do with the music. It seems that the high score screen is triggered when it goes DOO-DA-DOO DA-DA-DUN. But sometimes when a game ends, the main theme plays briefly (DOO-DAH-DOO-DOO DOO-DUG-DAH-DAH) before the DOO-DA-DOO DA-DA-DUN and the high score screen never pops up and the game just hangs there.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
I played this today on PS4, hoping it would be fixed by now, but it wasn't.

I am guessing that it has something to do with the music. It seems that the high score screen is triggered when it goes DOO-DA-DOO DA-DA-DUN. But sometimes when a game ends, the main theme plays briefly (DOO-DAH-DOO-DOO DOO-DUG-DAH-DAH) before the DOO-DA-DOO DA-DA-DUN and the high score screen never pops up and the game just hangs there.

FlippyFloppy, This still also occurs with BB on iOS and PC. It happens every time the game goes into bonus time. I think it usually ends correctly if it doesn’t go into bonus time.

Gorgar

Mar 31, 2012
FlippyFloppy, This still also occurs with BB on iOS and PC. It happens every time the game goes into bonus time. I think it usually ends correctly if it doesn’t go into bonus time.

I originally thought the bonus time was the cause of it, but now I am not so sure. I can confirm that i tilted the game during ball 3 with no bonus time and the game still got stuck. And I had many games with bonus time and it only got stuck maybe 30% of the time.

BostonBuckeye

May 3, 2014
I originally thought the bonus time was the cause of it, but now I am not so sure. I can confirm that i tilted the game during ball 3 with no bonus time and the game still got stuck. And I had many games with bonus time and it only got stuck maybe 30% of the time.

You may be right then that it is somehow related to the music. I will pay attention to the music that ends the games next time to see if it plays differently for me as well when it gets stuck.

Gorgias32

Jan 14, 2016
You may be right then that it is somehow related to the music. I will pay attention to the music that ends the games next time to see if it plays differently for me as well when it gets stuck.

It's definitely not tied to "bonus time" as you guys have pointed out above. That feature, though, may be the root cause, since it's the only table in TPA with anything similar...

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.