Little about myself

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
On the TPA Steam leaderboards I am Solan70 and just recently got into the Gold Division!!!! hooray:cool:
On Twitch/Steam chat I am RKD14

Born and raised in the Midwest US in a small town(plays John Cougar Mellencamp song), I am a child of the 70's, got to see the golden era of arcades, it's crash, resurgence in the 90's, but I didn't really get into pinball til I came across the various pinball collections that Farsight did on consoles. I always loved the various arcade compilations that were out at the time so decided to try out their pinball one.

The first pinball table I can somewhat remember playing when I was a kid was in some small bar and I think it was World Series by Gottlieb '72, might've been Home Run Gottlieb '71, but all I can recall was it a baseball table and I had to crawl up the stool to even see the playfield.:p

Sadly, the last real pinball table I saw was Monster Bash at some pizza parlor and it had an out of order sign on it.:(
About 3-4 years ago I visited my nephew in Minneapolis and wanted to check out this one arcade, wrong move, I have never been in a seedier arcade in my life, half the machines were broke, I could barely see the Burgertime screen while playing, and when I decided to use the restroom, the floor was covered in needles, suffice to say I left quickly. heh Quite an experience for a small town guy in the big city.

I do plan on visiting this one pool hall place I seen on one of the Stern facebook page, called East Side Pinball near my nephew, so hopefully a better experience.

First console I played was an Atari 2600 and I've been gaming ever since. Hoping Farsight continues to bring out digital versions of great pinball tables for many years to come for TPA/SPA.

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
dudes been here since 2013 but heyyy lovely to know about another members experience all the same "welcome"

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
dudes been here since 2013 but heyyy lovely to know about another members experience all the same "welcome"

Heh yup, was a lurker for the longest time but been enjoying TPA/SPA so been a lot more active lately. Congrats on Paragon making it into TPA

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.