Lotta narrow shots in this one

EccentricFlower

May 4, 2015
I mean, I know I'm not the best precision aimer and I usually have trouble with a table until I learn it pretty well, but this is one of those where after the first few games I still can't hit ANYTHING. Can't make the magic loop. Can't make the ogre loop. Can't make the magic tunnel or titan tunnel. Can't time that hidden other upper flipper right to make the ramp shot.

But the really nasty one is the I and C MAGIC targets. How on earth do you hit them? I've tried everything.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
love this table. Enjoyed it on both Android and Steam. I notice on the released version on steam there is a nasty SDTM drain when using Ogres Alley U Turn.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
I'm loving it too, so glad SoF is finally in the game. Finishing the season with a Williams feels great after all those disappointing tables lately.

Man, the music is so good in this one, isn't it? Those arcade synths are pure bliss.

Baron Rubik

Mar 21, 2013
love this table. Enjoyed it on both Android and Steam. I notice on the released version on steam there is a nasty SDTM drain when using Ogres Alley U Turn.
I only shoot ogres alley when advance is on the anti clockwise loop. On anti clock, it's a safe end of upper left flipper shot to advance it to max. Then a top of left flipper to collect with 2 nudges for safety. Easy points. Great table. Great recreation.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Very nicely done, FarSight! That Lionman standard goal was a chore....

I'm still learning the rule sheet-haven't played this one since 1991. I've said it before-getting to enjoy these classic, hard-to-find-anymore pinball machines keeps me looking forward to new releases every month. And with either Paragon or Embryon to start off season 7, it just keeps getting better.

Hopefully, we'll see Banzai Run, Congo, Rollergames, Surf N' Safari, Mystery Castle, and some Capcom in season 7.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
I only shoot ogres alley when advance is on the anti clockwise loop. On anti clock, it's a safe end of upper left flipper shot to advance it to max. Then a top of left flipper to collect with 2 nudges for safety. Easy points. Great table. Great recreation.

Yes very true - guess I was suffering from the last ball pressure and spamming the flippers :)

gordonabrown

May 3, 2016
This is an...interesting table? I certainly can't say I understand it, that's for sure. I knocked off the Standard goals in my first game then struggled for a while. Multiball jackpots seem to be the key to a decent score and trying to hit the moving lit target with a ball in the mini-playfield is chaotic fun.

Lionman bonus is the only WG I haven't been able to complete and I feel like it's a doozy. Trying to complete the Magic targets 8 (or 7, whatever it is) times seems near impossible for me. I find once I get Lionman bonus up to 350k the MAGIC targets stop popping back up which makes it extremely difficult to get the final two targets on the right as a miss sends the ball out of the mini-playfield.

xAzatothx

Sep 22, 2012
you need to cradle your balls :p during multi ball - gives you a lot more time to hit the JB. I'm still trying to master the LionMan bonus WG.

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Kinda surprised when I saw this game took over half a gig. First impression is that it's pretty cool. Never seen a real one.

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Knocked out the standard and wizard goals in about 30 minutes. Probably never gonna touch it again. I know people have been starved for WMS tables this season, but they really could have picked something with more replayability.

Trackball

Jan 19, 2016
My biggest problem with this table is actually something out of Farsight's control.

When your score breaks 10 million, at the end of the game, it goes back down to 9,999,999, even on the in-game high score window (as well as the in-ROM storage of the score).
High Speed and F-14 Tomcat had the same problem, as much as I love those tables.
I hate score caps on pinball machines. Some Data East and Sega games did a similar thing, most notably MSF.

At least TPA shows you your ACTUAL score on the window between the high-score list and the roving camera that passes for an attract mode, thus knowing what to put on the online leaderboards. That's better than what MSF did, capping you at 9,999,999,990 and then just not awarding points anymore.

Last edited:

EnergyOne

Oct 25, 2014
Knocked out the standard and wizard goals in about 30 minutes. Probably never gonna touch it again. I know people have been starved for WMS tables this season, but they really could have picked something with more replayability.

Replayability is determined solely by completion of wizard goals?

Rudy Yagov

Mar 30, 2012
Replayability is determined solely by completion of wizard goals?

Replayability is determined by how much fun the table is. To me, Swords of Fury is just not that fun, and now that I've finished all the goals, I probably won't be playing it anymore.

It doesn't help that I owned one of these machines in real life and got burnt out on it pretty quickly. The TPA version is a good recreation, I can give it that much.

Last edited:

dave950lam

Apr 20, 2012
I mean, I know I'm not the best precision aimer and I usually have trouble with a table until I learn it pretty well, but this is one of those where after the first few games I still can't hit ANYTHING. Can't make the magic loop. Can't make the ogre loop. Can't make the magic tunnel or titan tunnel. Can't time that hidden other upper flipper right to make the ramp shot.

But the really nasty one is the I and C MAGIC targets. How on earth do you hit them? I've tried everything.

This game is like that irl. And to hit I & C, you need to get control of the ball and get off a good backhand. Bouncing off the left rubber to hit them is a tougher go.

CycOd3liC

Feb 28, 2012
To each his/her own. I finished all the goals and I'll still be playing it for a while until I am satisfied with my high score.

Members online

Members online