First Reactions

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Soooo, if we can only register 9,999,999; how come the high score is 25M? Is it possible to do this? I'm playing on iOS.

The ROM can only register local high scores as high as 9,999,999 - that's the maximum score it can display, after all, so that makes sense.

But the ROM will also roll over scores after 9,999,990; for high scores, it knows you rolled the table and credits you with 9,999,999. TPA keeps track of how many times you rolled the score, and sends that over to their servers for the online leaderborad high-score. Which is how 25M (or more) can be achieved.

When you "power off" the table by exiting it, TPA saves off the ROM's high score table to a file. When you "power on" the table, TPA loads that file back into the ROM. Hence the local high scores are limited by what the ROM does, but the online leaderboard score reports what TPA tells it as soon as you finish playing a game.

Anubis

Jun 4, 2016
I wouldn't say that for the 1m Lion man bonus goal. I wonder how anyone could get that casually.

Took some work, but doable. Cannot hold a candle to HS 250K ramp bonus. There is no way anybody will get that in the course of regular gameplay.

Fungi

Feb 20, 2012
I wouldn't say that for the 1m Lion man bonus goal. I wonder how anyone could get that casually.

Apparently I did. I completed all the goals and didn't even know it. I still haven't even read the rules.

Members online

Members online