Latest update flagged as virus by Norton Antivirus!

T-Dub

Aug 11, 2014
If you have Norton Antivirus as I do, you'll find that the latest Steam update with Swords of Fury is flagged as: Trojan.Gen.8!cloud, and then Norton completely removes the pinballarcade.exe file and you can't even launch the problem. A quick browse on the Steam forums and you will find lots of people having issues with this; the common denominator being Norton. I have sent an email to support@pinballarcade.com and hopefully they will resolve this issue quickly.

Blkthorne

Jul 12, 2013
Would have to contact Norton as well to let them know it's a false positive. Had the same problem with my Webroot antivirus, it would flag TPA, Zaccaria, Zen Pinball and some of my Blizzard games, so I contacted support, it seemed ok for awhile, then a few weeks later it was back at it again, so I dumped Webroot and got Secure It through my local ISP.

Last edited:

soundwave106

Nov 6, 2013
If you have Norton Antivirus as I do, you'll find that the latest Steam update with Swords of Fury is flagged as: Trojan.Gen.8!cloud, and then Norton completely removes the pinballarcade.exe file and you can't even launch the problem. A quick browse on the Steam forums and you will find lots of people having issues with this; the common denominator being Norton. I have sent an email to support@pinballarcade.com and hopefully they will resolve this issue quickly.

I would say more like mail Norton (maybe mail them both). A quick Google search seems to indicate that Norton has been a lot of false positive problems with this "trojan" lately.

This "trojan" is more or less a "generic" detection routine, meaning it's not a specifically defined threat, it's just trying to look for certain behaviors. It looks like at some update, the detection routine got over-aggressive.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.