Pinball Editor is coming

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Hey guys!

It's been a while since our last post here. Sorry for that.

Based on our long-term plan all platforms would get the editor and you would be able to share your table between platforms.

I don't know how you guys do it, but rock on!

The loafer

Oct 28, 2012
There ya go, thanks Zsolt! If you can, we'd love to see a confirmation that the mobile devices will also get some of those juicy features the pc version has received (including the new tables!).

Zsolt

A.S.K. Homework
Apr 2, 2013
There ya go, thanks Zsolt! If you can, we'd love to see a confirmation that the mobile devices will also get some of those juicy features the pc version has received (including the new tables!).

Yes, according to our plans, all platforms including mobiles will have the new features (if they can handle on a proper speed) and tables.

Sun Vulcan

Jun 28, 2012
Tibor said:
We would like to state in advance that we don't have a chance to violate any license by the editor.
So importing of own created objects, textures and sounds will not be supported.
We use Steam Workshop to exchange tables by users.

The editor will support styles of pinball machines from '60 to '80 for time being.
Our goal is that an own pinball table could be made by 5 minutes, but a professional one doesn't take more than 2 hours.

The basic objects that means more than 500 objects will be updated for free. According to our plans later there will be 2 special DLCs, ramp and shape editor.

Also there will be smaller DLCs with graphics art pack. One of them is Western for instance that comes with the editor and includes more than 200 arts.

Planned release date of the editor is Jun 16. 2017.

More information is coming soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/444930/discussions/6/135512931348295481/

mystman12

Apr 21, 2013
Oh man, now I'm wondering if I should finish my pinball game in Future Pinball or try porting it to this... Would this engine work well for more modern style games (Like System 11 era) or is it more suited for more simplistic games?

Edit: Oh, just read the previous posts... Not being able to import custom assets is a real bummer, guess I'll be sticking to Future Pinball...

Edit 2: Wow, I just played the Circus machine. This game literally does everything better than Future Pinball (It even runs better!) and I would absolutely love to be able to create my own machines in this engine. I hope in the future you guys can allow custom assets in the editor, I would start working in it immediately!

Last edited:

mmmagnetic

May 29, 2012
Super excited for this. I always loved the idea to make my own simple tables but I just don´t have the time or motivation to learn VP or something similar, so a "drag and drop" style editor for some quick simple tables sounds very sweet to me.

Sorry for the bump, though. I hope we hear some more details soon!

Dan

Feb 28, 2012
I don't hope the development has been cancelled because of the possible copyright issues. But while browsing for a loop remixing app (Mixvibes Remixlive) I stumbled upon their help section where they touched this subject:

"If you are using samples other than the ones natively provided in Remixlive, Mixvibes declines any responsibility in cases of copyright infringement."

Just an idea how to allow users import their own stuff. If the editor will ever be released, anyway. Alternatively, many audio companies produce their own extra sound packs and why not making a bit of extra cash with add-on packs for graphics, audio, backgrounds, all royalty-free?

Example: Mixvibes included loops from Loopmasters. I'm sure loop companies would be happy to license some audio for pinball games. But I don't know if they would ask for payment upfront or based on sales from packs. However, I'm sure there are graphic artists and photographers in Hungary who wouldn't mind making extra money.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.