PS4 controller - OSX

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I seem to only only get the analog sticks (nudge and plunger) to work and the triangle (menu)
but nothing else

The controller had to be plugged in vis USB too.
w/ bluetooth, pinball arcade wouldn't launch

any assistance to get this working?

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I found the touch pad changes views

Is there anyway I can get L2/R2 to do flippers? It looks like PS3 controllers work

Hello, Farsight ~ any insight?
Surely you have ps4 controller and a mac handy.
maybe a slight tweak for the unreleased osx/steam 6.10?

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Ok, finally figured out the flippers activates by pressing on the analog sticks
Which is really awkward doing with your thumbs

***Farsight, it would really be nice if you could tweak it to "and/or" L2/R2 triggers too***

We (the OSX) maybe the ignored minority platform
I know I'm just falling upon deaf ears, so why do I even bother typing
But in comparisons to the love you get from (oh say) console platform rioters
We're probably the nicest platform - and yet we just get ignored

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
patience grasshopper , if id access to a osx system its a fairlytrivial process to remap key or atleast should be, as for an offical patch make aproper byug report or make [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] aware of the thread....

Heretic

Jun 4, 2012
on another matter, "nicest"platformhow? artsy types? if you were technically minded it would be atrivial fix

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I did try several controller remapping apps, no dice
the OSX app version keys are fixed within, so that can't be changed either.

The OSX version is probably the least nicest version, I think the NES version is nicer :D *joke*
No, I was referencing when I go to their facebook page - the console people are just so brutal, I have no idea how Farsight can maintain any self esteem
While we OSX users just nicely complain - none of us have a cow over another Gottlieb table.

P.S. thanks for responding

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
We've been working on the UI and I passed it along that we need to look into controller support. I pushed the issue further that the control settings that steam has should be made available on the OSX version as well. I'll post an update when we know more next week when we find out more.

k88dad

Nov 9, 2012
on another matter, "nicest"platformhow? artsy types? if you were technically minded it would be atrivial fix

1. He was referring to the personality of the users.
2. It is not a trivial fix when there is no keymapping for the Mac version of TPA.
3. The Mac version is—by far—the poorest supported of the platforms. It gets all of the tables that the iOS version gets, but they are straight ports from iOS (poor graphics, no PC-friendly options, the old UI, blatant bugs remain after many new revisions are released, and on and on...)

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
We've been working on the UI and I passed it along that we need to look into controller support. I pushed the issue further that the control settings that steam has should be made available on the OSX version as well. I'll post an update when we know more next week when we find out more.
[MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION],
Any update on a Steam/OSX update?

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Just reading the Paragon newsletter, was there any OSX updates with this release? (like controller support?)[/QUOTE]

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Just reading the Paragon newsletter, was there any OSX updates with this release? (like controller support?)
[/QUOTE]

Were close to having it finished. Once the controller support and button mapping is working, we should be ready to release.

FlippyFloppy

FarSight Employee
Nov 13, 2013
Controls menu will be added
18951077_1613635925335064_3054308857341735641_n.jpg

18951315_1613635872001736_3503194632208865332_n.jpg

18893464_1613636052001718_5833901819080040381_n.jpg

Last edited:

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
I see an update for OSX Pinball Arcade in Steam :cool:
unfortunately, my mac has been busy processing a big project - will be done later today
Controller Support Added?

Mamebase

Feb 20, 2014
Is it safe to assume that the Mac App Store version has been submitted, and Apple is just dragging their collective feet?

MadAxeMan

Jan 31, 2014
Vastly improved game in so many ways! (where to even begin? [MENTION=3799]FlippyFloppy[/MENTION] Thank You!)
Not sure if there is a mac release notes on what was done, would be cool to see
The GUI is the same old, but that never bothered me much.

Controller support and key/button changes is a big plus
Selecting a new button is buggy (incorrectly displaying wrong button)
But I got what I really needed to work to work, but some others I couldn't

Not sure if it's out for the App Store version. It shows an update, but keep getting error message with the App Store app

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.