Stern Star Wars Revealed

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
Is it just a game where much of the mode scoring gets awarded as bonus, like Addams and TZ?

I think the mode points were separate (not like mamushka and cousin it) but I think you are constantly earning bonus while your playing the modes like combo shots - the kicker is the bonus multiplier that you can get up to 40X plus

TMOverbeck

Dec 10, 2013
The Pro model looks like a$$ without all the wire trails. Also, why is it that everything Star Wars has to use the same Han and Luke images? Han shooting his blaster, Jedi era Luke about to rage. I don't know, the look of this thing looks so generic. And on top of all that, it's only original trilogy? Because those machines don't already exist or anything!

Agreed. They didn't have to include the prequel stuff, but I was looking forward to seeing stuff involving Finn, Rey, Kylo Ren, BB-8 and so on. Huge disappointment IMO.

Striker

May 26, 2017
I played this one a few months ago for the first time, and I agree with [MENTION=4638]HotHamBoy[/MENTION]. Underwhelming. At times I felt like I had nothing to shoot at. The clips are fun but distracting, especially on such a fast table. The layout struck me as similar to Game of Thrones and the newer Star Trek (2010-ish) table.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
Agreed. They didn't have to include the prequel stuff, but I was looking forward to seeing stuff involving Finn, Rey, Kylo Ren, BB-8 and so on. Huge disappointment IMO.

OTOH, that might have been a good call considering Last Jedi's poor reception.

Stern likes to do that with the licenses - keep it generically set within the universe, rather than specific installments or references that might later turn out to be unpopular.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
I played this one a few months ago for the first time, and I agree with [MENTION=4638]HotHamBoy[/MENTION]. Underwhelming. At times I felt like I had nothing to shoot at. The clips are fun but distracting, especially on such a fast table. The layout struck me as similar to Game of Thrones and the newer Star Trek (2010-ish) table.

That would be because all three are Steve Ritchie tables, and he's been largely using the same basic design since Firepower in 1980 (Black Knight / BK2K are exceptions to this rule). As is the original WMS ST:TNG, and Stern Star Trek's layout is a deliberate copy of ST:TNG.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
OTOH, that might have been a good call considering Last Jedi's poor reception.

Stern likes to do that with the licenses - keep it generically set within the universe, rather than specific installments or references that might later turn out to be unpopular.

Look at what happened with Star Wars Episode I. Sold about half of what RFM did and was partially responsible for WMS' departure from pinball.

wilbers

Aug 8, 2018
Just played 8 games on Star Wars Pro today as I found somewhere 80 minutes drive away that had it. Other than the default "aim for the flashy thing" didn't know what to aim for to begin with, and that only slightly improved by game 8. It does have a fantastic light show on it - Death Star lights up on the Match at the end, I'd love to see what happens when you destroy it but expect that won't be anytime soon.

Same place had Star Wars episode I - had 2 games there, 1 at Play Expo 2 weeks ago and although I now get what you are supposed to do (even finished a mode!) that one ain't for me - is RFM better than it?

Last edited:

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
Just played 8 games on Star Trek Pro today as I found somewhere 80 minutes drive away that had it. Other than the default "aim for the flashy thing" didn't know what to aim for to begin with, and that only slightly improved by game 8. It does have a fantastic light show on it - Death Star lights up on the Match at the end, I'd love to see what happens when you destroy it but expect that won't be anytime soon.

Same place had Star War episode I - had 2 games there, 1 at Play Expo 2 weeks ago and although I now get what you are supposed to do (even finished a mode!) that one ain't for me - is RFM better than it?

Did you mean to type Star Wars? No Death Star on the Star Trek table! I've had a few goes on the SW table and don't care for it at all. It's not a friendly table to just walk up to and play. Too many options right off the bat in selecting character, you don't even know what to be shooting for to maximize what choosing that character even does for you, and then it's just unsatisfying shot selections, especially on the Pro (Premium adds a little satisfaction).

The Episode I machine sucks. RFM is better, the humor really carries it, but the thing I dislike about both of them is not being able to see the rear of the playfield. Seeing the ball travel on ramps and habitrails, that's what makes certain shots feel good. It's why I love Whirlwind and Rollergames, why nailing Insanity Falls in WH2O satisfies so much. That fan layout of RFM means lots of empty middle and some holograms. I've played the whitewood of Wizard Blocks, and that would have been better. It wasn't a fan layout, you could see more on the playfield, and the holograms felt good 'hitting' with the ball.

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.