Stern Star Wars Revealed

dtown8532

Apr 10, 2012
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06...-revealed-first-gameplay-video-hi-res-screens

It's also on FB too. I'd really like to see this in Stern Pinball Arcade, if FS can get their sh!t together. BS that the full loop wire form is only on the premium and limited models. It's what makes the game at first glance. Art is ok. Looks like it's taken right from the films and I'm sure Stern was limited in what they could do. Besides, it's a Steve Ritchie game. Remember Star Trek. Kinda poopy to look at till it was lit up wth LED's.

danivempire

Oct 26, 2013
Looks great, and star Wars is à must need in our digital collection!
Well... Must get ghostbuster first... Huh?

Envoyé de mon HUAWEI GRA-L09 en utilisant Tapatalk

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
16 modes, 9 multiball modes, and 1 wizard mode. Selectable characters for missions. (per the discussion on pinside)

shutyertrap

Staff member
Mar 14, 2012
The Pro model looks like a$$ without all the wire trails. Also, why is it that everything Star Wars has to use the same Han and Luke images? Han shooting his blaster, Jedi era Luke about to rage. I don't know, the look of this thing looks so generic. And on top of all that, it's only original trilogy? Because those machines don't already exist or anything!

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
I'll get the chance to play it this weekend. I'll give impressions if anyone wants to hear them - given my non - expert knowledge :)

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
I'll get the chance to play it this weekend. I'll give impressions if anyone wants to hear them - given my non - expert knowledge :)

Sure! Let us know what you think. Always nice to hear first hand impressions. The pro looked much better in acton than I anticipated. The clips, music/audio, and light show really add a lot.

HotHamBoy

Aug 2, 2014
For me, this is an incredibly underwhelming table visually. It's a big step back from Ghostbusters, Batman 66 and even Aersosmith (and i wasn't really even a fan of the garish Aerosmith aesthetic).

Compared to the DE and Sega Star Wars tables it has no flavor, no character. It looks like they are using generic toy packaging assets.

Another point of contention is what you are getting for the price compared to Jersey Jack. Looking at Dialed In...

Nightwing

Aug 1, 2012
So I did get to play a couple of games on this @ Pintastic. The first thing I noticed on the table was the flimsy looking Tie Fighter. But it's on a spring,and gets jerked about when whatever mode is going on when you are attacking the fighter,so I kinda get it.

Initial impression - this table is Fast. I mean really fast. I've played most of the latest Sterns,at least a couple of games - and the pinball was flying all over the table. When you start off,you get to choose a hero,like Han Solo,Princess Leia,R2-D2,etc. Each hero has his own set of tasks to do on the game.

I didn't last to long though - so I didn't get to activate many of the modes. I did get the Tie Attack mode going though,which puts a squadron of fighters on the LCD screen,and you have to press the middle button on the table to blow them up,while the ball is in play. Honestly,this took me out of the game,as I was having a hard enough time concentrating on where the ball was.

I agree with Ham on the look of the table as well. Granted,this was the Pro model,so I'm sure the Premium & LE tables will look better,but I would have expected more than this.

Overall,I liked it enough to want to play it again.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
This pin does looked pretty stripped down. Do you think Steve Ritchie did this to maintain maximum flow, or is it just a cost saving tactic by Stern? To me Star Wars is a theme screaming for toys, magnets, etc. I honestly expected more. But it does look like a fun play and I do love the theme. I'll bet there will be a ton of mods available in a few months.

DA5ID

Aug 27, 2014
1up colfax, a barcade in denver colorado was apparently the first bar in the nation to get the star war premium table (and it is only 50 cents a game!). 1up actually got the table on friday (7/7) but it shipped without the software/rom so stern overnighted the jump drive.

Got to play it all day yesterday and got to say I love it and it will probably be my first my first real pinball table purchase.

Speed: Yes, first thing you say is "damn this is fast" this is true and feels crazy at first but it seems to slow down (perceptually) as you get used to the shots and you are no longer surprised when you hit the center loop and it fires back like a bullet. Head is spinning from all the modes and options - you get to turn shot multipliers on and off (on the fly while playing the game)- and move them around and lock them in?

Extra balls: often and easy - somehow its possible to light the extra ball after the first shot - maybe skill shot raising the bonus multiplier? and others come naturally from playing. We were playing dollar games (gambling) on it where everyone puts a dollar bet in the coin return slot and you can play extra balls if you put in another dollar for each extra ball - with a four player game and everyone getting multiple extra balls resulted in the biggest pots I have ever seen.

Scoring: Bonuses are excessively big - potentially much larger than what you score on the playfield.
First couple of games we played we thought 400-600mil was a good score, by the end of the day i got 1.2 bil. However, my friend put up 4.9 billion, and one of his end of game bonuses was 1.5bil!!!! I need to figure this game out before we use it tournaments. Don't want to be destroyed by someone draining and winning on huge bonuses.

IGoFirstIndy

Jul 12, 2014
Played this a couple of times at pintastic. It's a very fast unforgiving table. Liked it but Didn't blow me away. Lots of modes and missions. Better than Aerosmith, Ghostbusters and Batman 66. Not as good as Star Trek or Kiss imho.

vikingerik

Nov 6, 2013
one of his end of game bonuses was 1.5bil!!!! I need to figure this game out before we use it tournaments. Don't want to be destroyed by someone draining and winning on huge bonuses.

Is it just a game where much of the mode scoring gets awarded as bonus, like Addams and TZ?

Members online

Members online