Request "Super Mario Bros" and "Super Mario Bros Mushroom World" Minus the Nintendo License

SilverballJim

Jun 8, 2017
"Super Mario Bros" and "Super Mario Bros Mushroom World" Minus the Nintendo License

I know "Super Mario Bros" and "Super Mario Bros Mushroom World" is out of the question but I have a suggestion. Instead of Mario, what if we had an original theme that can replace the Mario License. You know, just something that can retain the table layouts and gameplay but having Jon Norris and Ray Tanzer recreate the table layout while something new replaces the Super Mario Bros and their world.

If you have any suggestions on the theme, go ahead but mind you we can't just throw Licenses all willy-nilly. we have to think of something creative that can replace the Theme and License. We can even make a new Video Mode or two.

Alternatively a "Gladiators Junior" might ring a bell. But I want to know what you think can replace the Super Mario Brothers License.

Zaphod77

Feb 14, 2013
It would be really difficult to retheme mushroom world, as the theme is extra well integrated into the gameplay.

It's the better of the two tables though.

Kaibun

Sep 21, 2014
Why would you replace Mario, that's just a terrible idea. It's never happening sorry, not only is the Nintendo license incredible expensive, it would only ever come out for the Wii U... or the Switch when Farsight gets around to it.

Pinballwiz45b

Aug 12, 2012
Why would you replace Mario, that's just a terrible idea. It's never happening sorry, not only is the Nintendo license incredible expensive, it would only ever come out for the Wii U... or the Switch when Farsight gets around to it.

Then again, look at Super Mario Run. Nothing's entirely impossible.

rehtroboi40

Oct 20, 2012
Look at Ghostbusters (the HH retheme) and MoT (the Doctor Who retheme). Look again, look a third time if necessary, then tell me with a straight face you'd like any re-theme.

Striker

May 26, 2017
I know "Super Mario Bros" and "Super Mario Bros Mushroom World" is out of the question but I have a suggestion. Instead of Mario, what if we had an original theme that can replace the Mario License. You know, just something that can retain the table layouts and gameplay but having Jon Norris and Ray Tanzer recreate the table layout while something new replaces the Super Mario Bros and their world.

If you have any suggestions on the theme, go ahead but mind you we can't just throw Licenses all willy-nilly. we have to think of something creative that can replace the Theme and License. We can even make a new Video Mode or two.

Alternatively a "Gladiators Junior" might ring a bell. But I want to know what you think can replace the Super Mario Brothers License.

FS would still need a license from Nintendo. Google "copyright derivative work."

Michael

Jan 9, 2015
Absolutely not. Either license Mario or leave these tables alone forever.

This. I'd rather have no table at all than a re-theme. The whole point of and charm with PA is the painstaking attempt at authenticity. I want original tables recreated as accurately as possible - I'll pay up for that every time. If I wanted re-skins or made up tables I'd play Zen or some other crap.

Members online

Members online