BlahCade 103: Focus!

jaredmorgs

Staff member
May 8, 2012
http://blahcadepinball.com/2017/06/13/Episode-103-Focus.html

Have you ever played a Woodrail pinball and wondered why anyone in the day wanted to? Chris talks about his experience playing two older EMs and how gameplay has changed (for the better) over the years. We then discuss how your memory of playing a pinball table fades, and clouds your judgement about how it should play now. Have you ever wanted to DIY your own pinball machine? A new Kickstarter could help you realise this dream. We close out the show with our trademarked tangents.

Kolchak357

Senior Pigeon
May 31, 2012
Depends on which pin you play, like any era. Roto target,animated backglass, plenty of ball action. I'm not a huge fan of bingos or most short flipper pins, but many are very good.

Totally agree about the importance of setup and proper functioning flippers. Many of those old games are very difficult without that kind of handicap.

Short flipper pins often make me feel like I have no control, that I'm just trying to keep the ball in play, that luck is playing too big a role. But I always assume that is my lack of skill. I see people at pin shows put up some pretty good scores on these machines.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Members online

No members online now.