PC - Bug Bug with video mode?

Striker

May 26, 2017
I hit the (lit) database kickout, and it selects Video Mode for me. The camera pans to the left side of the room and it shows video mode - shoot the terminators. Since it's been 20+ years since I've played this pin IRL, I forgot what to do and die quickly. The video screen goes back to showing my points. I hear Arnie say "get out," but the camera does not pan back to the table. I hit my left flipper and I think I caught the ball because nothing was happening. I try hitting various camera angles, the other flipper, the gun, anything to move the camera back to the table. I'm stuck on the left side of the room, just looking at my score and some poster on the wall. I give up and just start hitting my flippers, and I hear the ball drain. The camera reverts back to the table for Ball 2.

Has anyone experienced this and found a workaround?

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Use left and right flipper buttons to move the targeting reticule to destroy terminators, ships, and potentially get an extra ball.

EldarOfSuburbia

Feb 8, 2014
Use left and right flipper buttons to move the targeting reticule to destroy terminators, ships, and potentially get an extra ball.

I think the problem is more that the camera gets stuck on the DMD when Video Mode ends, when it was an award from the Database kickout (left saucer below the left loop - the one that usually generates the "Get Out!" quote and increments that jackpot).

Not sure, but it may not re-enable the flippers afterwards either (though you can't tell). Results in a quick drain since you have no clue where the ball is.

Starting Video Mode the "normal" way (light via right outlane, start at the back-right saucer via the left loop) doesn't do this and works as normal.

strells

Oct 7, 2014
Oh, I was just giving video mode instructions since the OP said they had no idea what to do in video mode.

Striker

May 26, 2017
Oh, I was just giving video mode instructions since the OP said they had no idea what to do in video mode.

Thanks, that helps jog my memory. Did you also have to work the plunger/gun as well to shoot things? I seem to remember something like that.

Striker

May 26, 2017
I think the problem is more that the camera gets stuck on the DMD when Video Mode ends, when it was an award from the Database kickout (left saucer below the left loop - the one that usually generates the "Get Out!" quote and increments that jackpot).

Not sure, but it may not re-enable the flippers afterwards either (though you can't tell). Results in a quick drain since you have no clue where the ball is.

Starting Video Mode the "normal" way (light via right outlane, start at the back-right saucer via the left loop) doesn't do this and works as normal.

Correct. And thanks for clearing up that the normal way doesn't do this. I was avoiding it because I was afraid it would happen again! :)

Members online

Members online